It is still legal seeing as it is a separate army list in IA vol.1 2ed with all it's own rules. It only counts as IG (AM) when it comes to allies while still being able to ally itself with AM. So yes, use it if you want to. As long as there isn't an FAQ and you have the army list from IA, it is perfectly legal (even if it might be frowned upon seeing as it is FW).

If they manage to get their heads out of their butts at FW, they might publish one of those small 2 page updates for ABG to bring costs and some rules back in line. Until then, go nuts.

In a vacuum, I'd say the Eradicator is better. It doesn't have the versatility but it will evaporate medium infantry in cover with contemptuous ease. It's also a tough Leman Russ which helps. The TFC is easier to hide and you can sprout a Techmarine from it should you lose it though plus is cheaper and can barrage so it's not a contest the Eradicator wins outright.

Perhaps a little apples to oranges but there's never going to be an equal comparison certainly across different armies but not taking into account armies builds etc I'd go for the Eradicator. It was good enough to earn a place in my lists before the new codex after all!

Archived