Sevatar

Raven Guard darkwing Storm eagle

BS 4 Armor 12 all sides and 4HP

Special Rules: Deep Strike, Assault Vehicle, Stealth, Outflank

transport 16

options: Armored cremate, searchlight, extra armor

Eclipse Missles: range 48, STR 4, AP 5  heavy2, blind, large blast, concussive

Have an idea for a praetor and command SQD while having Corrax in the army.

Praetor with Iron Halo, jump pack and Raven Talons

RoW:decapitation strike

command SQD with combat shield, jump pack and single raven talon (Rending and master crafted lighting claws)

Special Rules: deep strike, Furious Assault, Acute Sense, auto 6" on Run, preferred enemy (Independent Characters) 

the entire SQD has 2+ save with 4+ or 5+ INV save. 

mind you im only now getting back into the 30k/40k universe.  I last played on a regular basis during 2nd edition.  so this unit is simple based on what ive read in the rules.  I think it sounds like a killer unit, but having not played Im only making a guess...

sweet new tactica!

now, I must ask, is the Decapitating strike worth it for the limit on heavy support and centurion support? I ask, because While the re-roll to turns is awesome, it seems you can really lose out on fire support.

I think if you focus at least one elite slot and fast attack slot on contemptors and javelins you should still have the fire power needed to take out vehicles. Plus one heavy slot still gives you options. Pick an option that allows you to take three of whatever and In a 2-3k game you should still have firepower and support... Just my two cents...

Laser Destroyers are great. I use my HS slot with 2/3 Medusas. They bring anti tank and anti infantry. Great value for the points. The ability to get squads in pods without too many restrictions is brilliant z and let's the army alpha strike like few others, especially with nuncio voxes etc.

Solid. They hit more than Recon squads at a similar price, and can use Bleeding edge to nail a tough unit. Also, they have stealth, so all the better. 

I like Dark Furies, but they are too expensive , especially against the Templar Brethren and Gal Vorbak- if the next squad members were 5 points cheaper I would consider them. A shame.

Question: would basicalisks be able to hit with direct fire from a nucio vox within 36"?

like say a mob of orks is running up the center and your artillery is hiding behind a wall. the Orks are within 36" so you can only direct fire.

the model cannot directly see it, but the master of signals can. could you still shoot the orks?

Anyways, Still trying to decide if the Decapitating strike is worth it. on one hand the re-roll to turn order is possibly game changing. but is it worth that to be limited by one Heavy Support choice? it seems a lot of anti-tank and heavy hitting stuff is always heavy support

Since the BRB says " jump infantry would, for example, follow the rules for jump units and infantry" does that mean that assault squads get infiltrate, fleet AND furious assault from the Raven Guard Legion rules?

Could you then take a fairly beastly Angel's Wrath RoW to add hit'n'run into the mix to make Legion Assault Squads work?

A side note on Corax; They nerfed blind into the ground. Instead of testing immediatly whenever hit, its one test at the end of the phase if they got hit at all.

I am not happy about that. Corax went from being fearsome, to not.

• 4 weeks later...

@b1soul: I admit Corax killing both enemy primarchs may be debatable for the reasons you listed (mainly #5), but I dont doubt for a second, if Corax was willing to damn his legion, he could have managed to kill the pair of them at the cost of his own life.

but has been said in another thread in this subforum, its entirely opinion based.

WLK

I think this isn't really precise. It's a huge logical leap to assume Corax could have killed both of them together. Curze is a lethal opponent himself and in a far better condition than Corax by the time he blocks the latter's attack. He had a chance, but I am not certain about it. We also need to consider some things about Corax: Corax isn't Ferrus, Angron or Dorn, so he isn't all about happy suicide conditions, he wanted to get out the quickest way and live to fight another day. That, along with saving the few of his Legion who lived to tell the tale. Merely my opinion of course.

• 4 months later...

So after some games and theory crafting I've come to some conclusions:

Mor Deythan with Combi-Flamers will kill just about anything with Fatal Strike. Which you have to be careful about if you want them to "hide" in a combat for a turn. And the new FAQ gives them scoring! Glory be!

The new Phase Walker relic can be brutal on a Moritat. Infiltrate him somewhere with good LoS, teleport, Chain-Fire something into oblivion then teleport back for the cool-down. The new FAQ nerf'd plasma Moritats into the ground, but hey will still have Nex and Serpentas.

The Nanyte Blaster is good for IC's attached for Mor Deythan.

Maun is worth every point.

Deathstorm Drop Pods got really good in the new FAQ.

Edited by Nusquam

They auto-hit everything d3 times within 12" the first shooting phase after they come down. BS2 but the frag ones don't care. The krak storm is offset by it being a 2-shot weapon to start off with so its effectively x2 d3 shots. It goes onto to regular shots after. High alpha potential.

They auto-hit everything d3 times within 12" the first shooting phase after they come down. BS2 but the frag ones don't care. The krak storm is offset by it being a 2-shot weapon to start off with so its effectively x2 d3 shots. It goes onto to regular shots after. High alpha potential.

oh damn! that is pretty flipping cool! would that work for blast templates though?