=][= E Tenebrae Lux III =][=

=][= SECOND WEEKLY UPDATE =][=

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Poster_V6.jpg

The second week proved as impressive as the first with participants reaching 339 compared to last year’s TOTAL participation of 350! And we still have another two weeks of recruitment to go! Suffice to say that total points pledged are 325k – vs. 382k for the ENTIRE ETL II.

So mass participation and large average vow compared to previous years makes ETL III a true giant of an event – and it’s still growing…

I would like to take this opportunity to address an issue that has risen: namely what constitutes a painted mini and the stance on basing. Let me just put here my view on the matter as I have mentioned it in the Chaos Strategium previously:

The models are done when you say they're done. It is expected that you paint to the best of your ability or even try to improve further on it... If your usual standard is to do basing then do it. If not, that's fine. I cannot (and don't want to) judge people's painting ability or turn the ETL to a Golden Daemon style event. I want people from all skill levels to feel welcome, their contribution to be respected and hopefully even improve their skill through this process...

It is worth remembering that the ETL will be over in August but your minis will stay with you long after. Is it worth painting stuff to sub-standard levels for the price of a digital badge? Personally I don't think so... It'd rather wear the Badge of the Oath Breaker than spend time (and my hard earned cash) to do a substandard job...

With that in mind I urge people to paint everything to the best of their ability and when their friends ask then about hteir dazzling minis they you can proudly say: I did that during the ETL!

Now that this is out of the way, let’s see how the balance of power has shifted onver the last week:

E TENEBRAE LUX III – Week 2
Black Templars 50 59 40,024 5,768 14.4%
Angels of Death 52 57 50,883 3,217 6.3%
Imperial Fists 13 16 17,424 1,942 11.1%
Iron Hands 3 3 1,000 0 0%
Raven Guard 5 5 13,111 395 3%
Salamanders 4 4 1,920 0 0%
Ultramarines 7 7 2,782 0 0%
White Scars 4 4 1,888 0 0%
Index Astartes 16 18 12,758 0 0%
Blood Angels 27 28 18,308 425 2.3%
Dark Angels 45 46 41,692 2,261 5.4%
Space Wolves 28 30 23,559 945 4.0%
Realm of Chaos 46 48 72,734 5,541 7.6%
Forces of the Imperium 42 45 28,735 1,300 4.5%
Imperial Guard 28 31 16,622 925 5.6%
Grey Knights 5 5 8,025 0 0%
Adeptus Mechanicus 1 1 375 375 100%
Sisters of Battle 8 8 3,713 0 0%
Horus Heresy 49 51 48,994 1,076 2.2%
TOTAL 339 364 324,929 20,533 6.3%

So let’s see this one by one:

BLACK TEMPLARS
Now watch the Templars. They are doing it right... Big participation, no huge vows, not leaders in pledged points but leaders where it matters: completed points! With a completion rate of more than 14% they have accumulated 5.7k completions so far. And that means that a lot of them have already progressed in second vows... And with a low average vow overall (just 678pts) that means higher probability to completions! So yeah, the BTs may not look very threatening when you look at pledged points but the only prize out there is for completeted points.

ANGELS OF DEATH
Now Angels of Death are trying to prove they can do this, they can come on top, without the aid of the Templars. And they are doing a great job! They have pledged some 10k pts more than the Templars but with somewhat higher average vow of 893pts and a very large amount of participants that will undoubtedly come heavily into play in the latter stages of the ETL. And they have a completion rate of 6.3% - not huge but good enough at this stage of the event. Frankly one of the favorites to win!

BLOOD ANGELS
Well, the BAs are not leading on any metric. However rumors that want the BAs getting an update soon may have something to do with that. Regardless, their participation increased 30% from the previous week and that’s way higher than the ETL average of 22%. They also have some completions and this hopefully will fuel their momentum. Remember: there are two more weeks of recruitment! So commit now when your rivals have already played their hand in a surprise attack! And if new goodies come out you’ll already be on board and able to enter the cool new stuff!
DARK ANGELS
The Dark Angles are definitely among the favorites to win again this year. They have reasonably high participation (45) and reasonable amount of completions (more than 5% completion rate). However the more important element that has developed last week is the Blood Oaths! These unofficial commitments, if fulfilled, will give the faction such a momentum that would be extremely difficult for their rivals to catch up! Especially if the DAs continue with the Blood Oaths!

SPACE WOLVES
The Space Wolves are at par with the Blood Angels. They have somewhat higher average vow but equal participation levels but a better completion rate of 4%. Well the bet here is whether the Vlka Venryka will rise to meet the challenge in the next two weeks because this year is not just the DAs and the BTs – it’s the AoDs and Chaos and HH and even the amalgamation of the Imperial Forces that are bidding for the top. Will the Wolves of Fenris allow lesser factions walk out of here with the laurels of the victor? Or will the Sons of Russ claim it for their own?

REALM OF CHAOS
This may very well be the year of Chaos! They got a lot going for them: large participation (46), large total pledges (leading with 72k+) and large amount of completions for this stage (almost 8%). The only weakness is the relatively high average vow but that is distorted by two vows that have 27k between them. A lot hangs in the balance but overall it looks like Chaos can make it this year!

IMPERIAL FORCES
The Imperial Forces managed to keep up with the leading factions with 42 participants! However they are plagued with the lowest average vow of the ETL. This is surprising as IG (the leading forum of this faction) has some to the most expensive items at its disposal. But come to think of it also has some of the cheapest... Anyways the next two weeks will be the true test of this faction as they have to maintain their momentum through fierce competition! Keep the recruits coming (which is still the main concern at this stage) but also keep an eye on your average vow!

HORUS HERESY
The HH forum is indeed a revelation! A small connoisseur corner last year, it has developed to an ETL superpower this year! High participation (49), high amount of pledged points (50k) but also high average vow and relatively low completion rate at 2%. The latter is really a secondary concern at this stage and can be explained by the fairly large average vow. The important thing to remember is to continue increasing your participation numbers – the recruitment period has still 2 weeks to go! Oh, and please maintian the high quality output!

So until next week, keep the new recruits coming!!! biggrin.png

Black Templars: 59 Participants, 47 Vows.

I may be bad in math, but how the hell could 59*1+(extra vows) equals less than 59?

Did you counted only the completed vows or is this a keyboard warp peril?

Ok, someone explain dark angel blood oaths(seem to be a khorne ritual)

"When you plan what you'll do when you fail, you have already lost." - Master of Sanctity Hesse, M41

Why don't you come over to our subforum and check it out?

If you find a "Cell 42" sign, just walk straight in and we'll show you around!

Sounds like a fun play room. Like a big ball pit but with better toys. Do try and make me scream. It's been a fair while ;)

Why don't you come over to our subforum and check it out?

If you find a "Cell 42" sign, just walk straight in and we'll show you around!

Sounds like a fun play room. Like a big ball pit but with better toys. Do try and make me scream. It's been a fair while msn-wink.gif

It sounds like the crew compartments of my Warhound, only with boring tour guides.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20140516_004_zps6a1ad047.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20140516_007_zpsb07370c6.jpg

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Poster_V6.jpg

THE NEXT ONE TO JOIN THE ETL WILL BE THE 350TH PERSON TO DO SO THUS EQUALIZING LAST YEAR'S PARTICIPATION LEVELS! 

Question regarding using counts as for points. I really want to paint up a Stormlord for my IH's to use in the HH. What would it be ok to count it as?

Question regarding using counts as for points. I really want to paint up a Stormlord for my IH's to use in the HH. What would it be ok to count it as?

Think you'll find a Stormlord is fine in HH and you can even give it Astartes crew for 15points. There is a part in one of the books that states you can use IT/AM Lords of War.

Think you'll find a Stormlord is fine in HH and you can even give it Astartes crew for 15points. There is a part in one of the books that states you can use IT/AM Lords of War.

Doh ... How did I miss that is it in the new books? Got access to the first 2 books only.

Lol ... Who says you can't have transport for 20 man tac squads? I'll squeeze 2 in there! :D

Hey Semper, I know you put alot into these ETLs (this is my first btw) and you've been very encouraging to everyone. I'm going to paint and send you an HH Centurion in Tartaros and authentica pre-hersy DA colors after ETL is done.

No this isn't a bribe.

Wait, do you take bribes?

Chaos! teehee.gif

Hey Semper, I know you put alot into these ETLs (this is my first btw) and you've been very encouraging to everyone. I'm going to paint and send you an HH Centurion in Tartaros and authentica pre-hersy DA colors after ETL is done.

No this isn't a bribe.

Wait, do you take bribes?

Chaos! teehee.gif

No but he does give DA preferential treatment ;)

Work on The Semper has begun!

Now I just need to figure out if I should use an Umbrella or an Ice Cream cone for a melee weapon. Thoughts?

14209542781_af7823cfaf_n.jpg

Archived