+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I know my vow doesn't count but I'm pretty much finished. Just some tidying up to do with the trim and I'll call it done.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a521/ralphgeddes/IMG_2014061955210_zpsl6bbfuur.jpg

Overall, does the faction as a whole feel good about being able to meet our Vows?

I feel confident.

I have a squad of TSons left to complete for Vow II and should have them by the weekend.

Vow III items have been assembled in between painting time and will consist of 

4 Beasts of Nurgle

1 Blight Drone

The plan is to have this knocked out by the end of the month, maybe sooner

For Vow IV I am going big 

Ultraforge Vrok to be a counts as Tzeentch Daemon Lord, like him better than the Forgeworld one, and he is still suitably large and in charge

2 Heralds of Tzeentch on Discs (these are more to give me something to paint in between painting the Huge Change Chicken)

Heck If all goes well I will even get a Vow V tossed in there for good measure.

This has been a great motivator for me.  Form a almost 2 year break to around 1500 points in a month.

Gub

I'm very confident. Plus I agree with Semper's evaluation about our morale. It's not for nothing we are the most seen and commented upon strategium! All hail Chaos!!!

I only have one vow left, and it'll probably include two land speeders, a contemptor, one or two dreadnoughts, an expensive character (preferably Ahriman, but he's out of stock at GW) and maybe even a Lord of Skulls...! thumbsup.gif

Overall, does the faction as a whole feel good about being able to meet our Vows?

I know my first has a few areas to finish but that won't be long. A second vow will come due to my Soul Vow but it's not as clean and colourful so won't take as long.

im confidant on you guys getting the vows in, me, im sick of :cussing trim, just wanna nerd rage and flip my painting table over, sell my armys and take up knitting

I can one up that, bloodletter abs are horrible.  So many highlights.  

I can one up that, bloodletter abs are horrible. So many highlights.

Use Lahmian Medium with the shade colour. It's how I do flesh. Lahmian Medium FTW

Vallejo Glaze Medium goml ;)

I hear that the Templars are adding an extra stage to their painting process.

They're spraying the models black and then coating with Lahmian medium, before they paint on a few bits of silver.

Apparently that gets them round the "three colours base" rule...

Its my own fault, i decided skin need base coat, two washes, and three highlights.

Restrained yourself then. Hope you're not using a detail brush.

Haven't been idle. Figured I had some time for my Vow 4 so been experimenting with different color schemes.

This is what I've settled on for my Bloodletters and Belakor. My Word Bearer Marines and Possessed, etc. are going to be painted to match so I'd welcome opinions before I paint them all.

Not traditional Khorne colors but I went with a darker red to match the WBs base color, purple to match the WBs Plasma, white (ghost face) to match the Possesseds 'haunted' look, and black to match the WBs shoulder pads (ala Horus Heresy scheme). Also, instead of the usual "Blood for the blood god", I decided to actually write out "Blood is the only worth, Fire the only evil, We bring the truth" in Phoenician for the banner - to be more 'informative' ala Word Bearers.

14273414889_74fbd3cd89_c.jpg

Edit - Another angle:

14437010016_70c4758feb_c.jpg

Just realized arizona is actually painting more than me. I can't have this. The chosen of chaos will not take second to some loyalist scum. It's time to kick in the afterburner and get this vow done and find another 10k to paint.

Haven't been idle. Figured I had some time for my Vow 4 so been experimenting with different color schemes.

This is what I've settled on for my Bloodletters and Belakor. My Word Bearer Marines and Possessed, etc. are going to be painted to match so I'd welcome opinions before I paint them all.

Not traditional Khorne colors but I went with a darker red to match the WBs base color, purple to match the WBs Plasma, white (ghost face) to match the Possesseds 'haunted' look, and black to match the WBs shoulder pads (ala Horus Heresy scheme). Also, instead of the usual "Blood for the blood god", I decided to actually write out "Blood is the only worth, Fire the only evil, We bring the truth" in Phoenician for the banner - to be more 'informative' ala Word Bearers.

14273414889_74fbd3cd89_c.jpg

Edit - Another angle:

14437010016_70c4758feb_c.jpg

I really like this scheme.  It is going to look great arrayed for battle with the Bearers of the Word.  Also props on the banner wording.  I like it a lot.

Gub

Just realized arizona is actually painting more than me. I can't have this. The chosen of chaos will not take second to some loyalist scum. It's time to kick in the afterburner and get this vow done and find another 10k to paint.

But yours are painted and look good.

@Kilofix. Red, black, and brass. I still see traditional in your scheme there. Looks good too.

@Forte: As we say in the Netherlands: "the monkey comes out of the sleeve" (which means: the truth is revealed). whistlingW.gif Also Steve's updates are in focus and not upside down.

@Steve: Don't let the competition take over and ruin your models. In the long run, you'll appreciate the quality of your painting above the quantity of your vows compared to some Loyalist Schmutz...thumbsup.gif

Progress has been very slow for me, but my roommates are going out of town for two weeks starting tomorrow, so I should be able to dedicate more time in the day to finishing it up. Whether I get it finished up fast enough to feel comfortable making a second vow, well... probably not, if I'm being honest, since I'll be out of town for a week myself in july. I'll get my 200 points done, and that will be it for me.

Archived