+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Serioulsy though.

Semper, I need a ruling.

I've discussed the land speeders and their projected counts-as cost for the ETL. You'll find pictures of the constructed speeders here. There's one that will only need some arms for the bodies. They're mostly done, I'll only add said arms, the two torso's and some trophies - mostly chains, skulls and fleshy trophies.

Are these worth 75 points (The cost of an Autocannon Predator with a Storm Bolter - both are vehicles with two projectile weapons and have similar difficulty in painting techniques and amount of work)?

Cheers.

Here's my deal: Seeker Chariots of Slaanesh. 40pts each and you may give them a Hellfire Gaze to represent the assault cannon. 120pts for both.

Deal?

I'm fine with the points cost but fluff wise my mom won;t allow me to include daemons. Even counts-as daemons. So how about this: One is a Sorcerer with Mark of Tzeentch and Disc of Tzeentch, the other the sorcerer's Combat Hologram (Familiar). Total: 120 points msn-wink.gif (MUAHAHHAHAHAHA, I FOILED SEMPER!)

Eh, just point them as the Daemons for the purpose of the ETL, then run them as whatever you need to to dodge parental wrath.

Dragonlover

Dragonlover I'm kidding. (didn't the comment about my mom give that away?) I'm just glad I can even vow them in the ETL and get actual points for them. msn-wink.gif

Actually, no it didn't. I've seen that exact line used in total seriousness before about 40K, Magic, DnD, basically anything in the sphere of our hobby. Never underestimate people's capacity for totally missing the point of this stuff not actually being real.

As to my current ETLing, I have the basecoat down on some Bloodletters. The wife keeps stealing my desk to play computer games because her PC won't let her, so my progress is slower than I'd like.

Dragonlover

Actually, no it didn't. I've seen that exact line used in total seriousness before about 40K, Magic, DnD, basically anything in the sphere of our hobby. Never underestimate people's capacity for totally missing the point of this stuff not actually being real.

As to my current ETLing, I have the basecoat down on some Bloodletters. The wife keeps stealing my desk to play computer games because her PC won't let her, so my progress is slower than I'd like.

Dragonlover

Fair enough./ About your problem, my GF did the same thing. My solution: I bought a bigger table so we can both do our thing. 

When stripping last night, I found a few models actually had combi-weapons, better triple check they're accounted for.

Other than that, I'm nearly all ready to base then spray.

When stripping last night, I found a few models actually had combi-weapons, better triple check they're accounted for.

I had to double read that because Forte's and Slave's subliminal messaging is starting to impair my judgement. And let's face it, I need what little I have.

I had to double read that because Forte's and Slave's subliminal messaging is starting to impair my judgement. And let's face it, I need what little I have.

Had the same thing. Damn. 

He only said stripping...

beavis.jpg

Me too guys.  This place is starting to take a hold I guess.  Didn't quite make it rain but I do feel that I made it hail a bit, seeing as how I was tossing pennies and the odd nickel at the screen after reading the first line.

Gub

Me too guys. This place is starting to take a hold I guess. Didn't quite make it rain but I do feel that I made it hail a bit, seeing as how I was tossing pennies and the odd nickel at the screen after reading the first line.

Gub

I hate my head at times.

To much slaanesh in this thread, not enough KHORNE.

Anyway, how everyone vow going so far?

Not too much left now the gold is done.

Got silver, skin, skin bound book, gun case, Hades Autocannon barrels, bone, and some glowing bits left to do. Then vow 2!

Serioulsy though.

Semper, I need a ruling.

I've discussed the land speeders and their projected counts-as cost for the ETL. You'll find pictures of the constructed speeders here. There's one that will only need some arms for the bodies. They're mostly done, I'll only add said arms, the two torso's and some trophies - mostly chains, skulls and fleshy trophies.

Are these worth 75 points (The cost of an Autocannon Predator with a Storm Bolter - both are vehicles with two projectile weapons and have similar difficulty in painting techniques and amount of work)?

Cheers.

Here's my deal: Seeker Chariots of Slaanesh. 40pts each and you may give them a Hellfire Gaze to represent the assault cannon. 120pts for both.

Deal?

I'm fine with the points cost but fluff wise my mom won;t allow me to include daemons. Even counts-as daemons. So how about this: One is a Sorcerer with Mark of Tzeentch and Disc of Tzeentch, the other the sorcerer's Combat Hologram (Familiar). Total: 120 points ;)  (MUAHAHHAHAHAHA, I FOILED SEMPER!)

You came close to have it an put of competition entry... This is totally alien to the Chaos armies and with only two there was really a problem for me to find something fair to go with... I'm still not happy, the idea is not only to find a "fair" pointage but also to build something relevant to your chosen army.

Regardless, 120pts it is.

Serioulsy though.

Semper, I need a ruling.

Cheers.

Deal?

I'm fine with the points cost but fluff wise my mom won;t allow me to include daemons. Even counts-as daemons. So how about this: One is a Sorcerer with Mark of Tzeentch and Disc of Tzeentch, the other the sorcerer's Combat Hologram (Familiar). Total: 120 points msn-wink.gif (MUAHAHHAHAHAHA, I FOILED SEMPER!)

You came close to have it an put of competition entry... This is totally alien to the Chaos armies and with only two there was really a problem for me to find something fair to go with... I'm still not happy, the idea is not only to find a "fair" pointage but also to build something relevant to your chosen army.

At least he doesn't have Thousand Sons on pogs and trying to call them Sorcerers on Discs of Tzeentch tongue.png.

He only said stripping...

beavis.jpg

i strip for a living, every day i wear a mask ;)

take my clothes off... :O

and put on paper overalls and strip asbestos

Look - I just felt like building and painting the speeders right now - so my thoughts were "why not include them in my ETL vow?"

I've seen Kilofix vow an entire Grey Knight army into the Chaos Strategium - including a heavy bolter armed land speeder as a Rhino (plus a nemesis dreadknight, a storm raven and many other units 'totally alien to Chaos'). Because of that I didn't see a problem vowing my speeders as a predator with a twinbolter, especially seeing as predators are way easier to build and to paint than these speeders (at least to me), have similar armament, detail, and size, and they cost the exact same amount of points - as such I thought I wouldn't be violating the ETL rule against 'something for nothing' (which vowing them as Blight Drones, as I intent to field them as, would). I don't care how many points they'd be valued as. I just want to paint them.

I'll be fielding them as blight drones, as they have a similar width, depth and height, use the same base, are flyers and blight drones have similar armament. My regular opponents are fine with this. I'm building and painting them regardless of their ETL legality, because I love the models. I think they are totally cool, they do fit my Night Lords company's fluff: my army consists of a bunch of Night Lords refugees banding together after having spent different amounts of time in the warp after Tsagualsa. The fact that they're MkII speeders in my opinion adds to their fluffiness in that regard. I see them as belonging to a small scouting force that according to their chronometers burst out of the warp only a couple of months after Tsagualsa, straight into the ancient flotilla of 47th company in M38. As such, they are totally relevant to my chosen army. When people ask me which army I play, my answer isn't 'Chaos Space Marines'. It's Night lords.

Now, Semper, I do appreciate your efforts finding a counts-as unit to include them. thanks.gif Plus I hope you took my comment of 'foiling you' as totally tongue-in-cheek - as it was meant that waymsn-wink.gif. The ETL is an awesome event - which I love to take part in next year. I also recognize that organizing it is a hell of a job, and I am super thankful for your efforts in making this fair and fun for all. So if my speeders make you as the ETL organizer unhappy, I think I'd be doing us all a favor and just leave them out. I will not lose a minute of sleep over this, trust me. biggrin.png I have more models in the pipeline than I can possible finish before the ETL, so I'll just vow something else. thumbsup.gif

NOW EVERYONE PAINT THOSE MINI'S!!!

This is the year of Chaos - we just need to finish our vows and the championship is in our collective pocket!

Re-reading my reply (which was typed between meetings, literally inside an elevator) it seems waaaay more serious than intended... 

I love the models too and i really like your painting style - so putting the two together is a win-win. And you are right - if it worked for kilofix it should work for you too... I must have missed that. So yeah, I'm totally fine for them going as preds.

So new rules: You have to pledge them for 150! :lol:

Seriously - it's no big deal. You're doing the effort, I cannot give you Blight Drones (count-as should expect a penalty) but you still should get something...

ALSO If you could skin SlaveToDarkness for me I'd appreciate it. Then do Forte.

Thank you for your kind word mate - it keeps me going! ;)

Archived