+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

Well done everyone and I hope we have done well overall but glad to have been a part of it and it really helped getting a substantial part of my army painted that would have been black for quite a while longer any other time.

Thanks for all the support and special thanks to Semper for once again organising this and keeping track of whats going on.

Bravo!!

Thanks to Semper and the Guard mods/commisars who kept the motivation alive! Was a great first ETL for me, really sorry to my fella guardsmen that I couldn't add more, have marked in my calender for next jan to book off time voer the next ETL dates!

Well said all, what a great ETL this has been. Looks like we'll fall short of that 100% again unless some heroes appear from nowhere to complete, but as Semper said to have only 1st vows outstanding is quite an achievement! I'm enormously proud of what we have achieved - the commitment and dedication is surely second to none, and with such good levels of painting too nobody can think us not doing our very best in the true spirit of the ETL!

Three cheers to Semper too for such fine work as always. We can only imagine the herculean task it must be to organise this and have it be such a great event and run so smoothly once again! Like good Guardsmen we won't rest on our laurels like other, lesser armies but instead look forwards to the next battle to be won and glory to be achieved. I've got a lot of models planned but first and foremost I have a certain project that needs finishing first! :D

I am going to have to bow out . I failed the mission. Too, much got in the way. I did pick up my new codex ,and a box of scions,and even some new paints, just didn't find the time ,sorry .

Don't worry walter, you made the effort which is what the Emperor asks of us - as long as your models still get painted that's the most important thing! biggrin.png

Many thanks Captain Semper for getting this together and rocking it out!! I appreciate the dedication, focus and perseverance of the loyal guardsman here who inspired me to keep going and the tickle of the commissars bolt pistol at the nape of our necks as we made our way through the warp to end of this ETL ;)

I enjoyed myself greatly and look forward to the next ETL.

I can't wait to add the 3 completed vows image to my sig biggrin.png

It's such a nice day here an ice cream van just rolled up into the car park - the sun shines on the righteous servants of the Emperor! ;) I can't help but feel I should be at home painting to make the most out of it though. The ETL effect is running out of likes quickly, the post-ETL effect is the strange feeling you get when you've not done any painting for a bit :lol:

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Poster_V6.jpg

THE ETL III IS OFFICIALLY OVER...

This is the official close of ETL III.

No more completions will be accepted beyond this point.

You are free to post comments, pictures or questions but no further completions will be accepted.

...THE DOORS HAVE CLOSED!!!

gallery_27176_8461_79162.jpg

Congratulations to all participants - It has been a monumental event!

Now I will compile the results and update the first page in all Strategiums posting the usual "updated to this point" once finished. Feel free to visit the Strategiums and let me know if you spot an omission or a mistake so I can correct it.

I will prepare the Final Report that hopefully will be ready on Sunday, August 3rd (so people will have a good Sunday read).

Until then relax and enjoy your weekend!

Huzzah! Another glorious ETL is done and dusted. Well done everyone, as a celebration the Commissariat has generously allowed you the entire day off before you must return to the painting trenches ;) Enjoy your ETL III feast day and give thanks to the Emperor!

I will of course be painting today because as you well know the Commissariat never sleeps, never stops and never gives up! :P

That's what I like to hear soldier! :D I have many plans to add to my Guard now so it depends on time scales. Perhaps if I dedicate myself to other models I can save some Guard for ETL IV but I don't know if I can resist enough :P

The Captain will process the results and update the primary ETL topic with the badges. From previous years there's one for the overall section winners (it won't be us!), plus one for the member of each section who painted the most points as the champion and a large and small banner for each number of vows completed. You can see the smaller banner from last year in the far right of my sig - it has 2 bullets to mark 2 successful vows completed :) When they're posted up just grab the image you want from the number of vows you completed and put it in your sig to demonstrate your heroism for the cause :D

Well done guys! Everyone should be really proud of their hard work.

Congratulations on those who completed their vows; and those who could not complete because of real life problems, I hope everything gets back to normal soon and we look forward to seeing you back next ETL.

Once again, a big thanks to Semper for all his hard work, and finally. Thank you to everyone here in the AM forum who made my first ever ETL great fun and were an inspiration the whole way! :D

I think that's a pretty huge accomplishment for us to finish ahead of Blood Angels and Space Wolves who both have way more members and have been around a lot longer than we have.

I know we fell short of 100% completion, but does anyone know how close we came?

Archived