+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

I wholeheartedly agree! I'm very happy with our performance and it's made me resolve to declare my intention to serve in the trenches with you all next year too! Models be damned, one way or another I'll make sure I have the plastic to pledge enough to the cause! biggrin.png Great to see completion images in sigs already - raise the banners high to let all see our dedication! smile.png

Congratulations to Dread too for a well earnt Champion badge, though let's not forget that as in universe it is the Guardsman who held the day! Certainly an accomplishment and we all put a lot of effort in, the number of troopers vowed shows that - just imagine how much more we can do next year! I'm sure the Blood Angels and Space Wolves won't take their defeat lying down though msn-wink.gif

I've reduced my Guard backlog to a level I never dreamt possible and I'm always improving and getting more experience with my techniques thanks to the amount of work the ETL takes. Another successful year biggrin.png Though of course that doesn't include the hallowed 100% which we once more failed to achieve. We had 30 comrades declare for the ETL of which 11 fell nobly in battle leaving us with 19 Veterans - a completion rate of 62.7% which is greater than the overall forces of the Imperium by the tiniest of margins (62.6%)! laugh.png So you're correct Apostle, at least we can add that to our roll of honour but it is less than ETL II's Guard completion which was 68.6%.

Let's also not forget Arizonajirt who completed all out-of-competition vows with honour and so joins the elite B&C Veteran Guard Company thumbsup.gif Let's plan to do even better next year, but don't save all your models for ETL IV - you may have need of one before then msn-wink.gif

Unfortunately I can't buy you all a drink to celebrate, so you'll all have to settle for the now traditional power hug:
gallery_30308_3239_42229.png

I am not entirely sure how completion rate is calculated so here are some other guard stats.

71.585% completion by points

80% by vows.

Which means on average smaller vows had more completion. Something to keep in mind if you aim for 100% would be to make sure you don't vow in competition as much as you have in the past if you did not succeed on your vows. Also consider breaking up your vows so that if trouble arises you can just not revow and get the majority of your points to count.

Let's plan to do even better next year, but don't save all your models for ETL IV - you may have need of one before then ;)

And who is to say we won't have an in house contest or two?

Commissar-comrade WarriorFish, I recommend Captain Sox for psychic screening. Possible latent telepathic abilities. Potential intelligence breach.

Please advise...

Immediate fitting with collar and induction into PBS?

Prefrontal lobotomy followed by servitorhood?

Ultimate sanction?

Back from my vacation in Ireland (awesome country by the way). Congrats to all the Guards who completed their vows. This calls for a cellebration, I don't know about you but I'm going to crack open a bottle of mead and...no, not really, I'm going to unpack and wash my cloathes.

But I have pre-cellebrated, ok, visiting the Guinness brewery with an empty stomack kind of threw my judgement off orbit a bit, which will explain some overly enthusiastic purchases in their gift shoplaugh.png

Agreed with immediate induction to the PBS. The mind is a terrible thing to waste, best put it in service to the God-Emperor on the battlefield where it can do the most good. If things go wrong I'm sure your itchy trigger finger will solve any issues that arise ;)

I take it you enjoyed the proper Guinness Sviar then? I'll gladly raise of horn of mead to the cause too - not that I need many excuses! :D

Congrats to all, for all those completed vows. Great showing from us all, zero penalty's great stuff. On a personal note really enjoyed my first ETL, it was great fun, I'll be penciling this into my diary for next year.biggrin.png

I must have missed a vow but that's fine with me - 71.6% is a great completion rate! :D Well done everyone, it'll be tough to beat that next time but I'm sure we can do it :) That's right, should we reach the 100% completion I'll just demand more than 100% the year after! :lol:

Hmmm another painting contest incoming..

Should I stop the Russ or plunge on regardless?

I will keep going, I have enough to paint ;)

Well done on the ETL guys. Although I did not join the AM this year due to painting terminators I am looking forward to the next one. Maybe I will still be painting chocochip then :)

I know.. I have that feeling but the DA will only be complete when I have a Legion! Starting on the next company (3rd or 6th tbc) some time this year.

But the IG may end up bigger :(

I take it you enjoyed the proper Guinness Sviar then? I'll gladly raise of horn of mead to the cause too - not that I need many excuses! biggrin.png

I doyes.gif

Hold on to your munitorum issue tin hats for the moment, you'll have news very soon smile.png

Good news indeed. Lets have a look what I have lying around just begging to be painted: three HWT, a scions box, a CCS box and of course lots of infantry boxes, bacause you can never have enough. I'd say this is a great start, I'm ready whenever you arebiggrin.png

Let's just say the swagger stick has been pointing at some presentations lately msn-wink.giftongue.png As always you should maintain regular contact with the barracks to catch any messages from High Command!

Really glad to hear there will be another painting competition! I missed-out on ETL mostly because I had to paint my =][= stuff for the tournament so could only muster 250 points.

I have forty new Scions looking at me ready to be painted and a Valkyrie and some Taurox Primes so I am glad to be able to contribute them to such an effort. In the mean time, I will work on my =][= stuff until the announcement is made.

Just had a thought, I can get a Knight as a good excuse to bolster the points next year :D I'll definitely have enough stuff to contribute that way :tu:

Also while I'm able to post and thinking about stuff: we should get pictures of our completed vows up, so try to find the time to take them and post them for all to witness your hard work :)

So with 9 months and counting till the next one do we need to start stocking up ;)

I will have to start stalking eBay for deals...

Archived