Deathwatch & Inquisition - Dread & Apothecary Finished Pg 3

Rob451

@Darth Mustard Thanks! They had better be done quick as I only have 11 days left to finish them.

Given the recent revelation of unbound armies I no longer care about FOC for these guys so keeping enough bolters around for a tactical squad isn't an issue. That doesn't mean I've gone combi-weapon crazy though as I still have to fit everything into 750 points but it has relaxed the restrictions especially since I managed to find the points to take Pedro Kantor and make all these guys scoring :)

Here is a pic of all the Sternguard together for the first time. I'm kinda flitting between painting heads and weapons at the moment. I've finished the heads for the White Scar, Blood Angel, Ravenguard and Raptor leaving just 6 heads to do overall.

sternguardtogether.JPG

I also changed the Space Wolves equipment from bolt pistol and chainsword to a Bolter and a Knife. I just couldn't stand losing the Sternguard ammo on him in the end.

I don't fancy my chances in the tournament on the 24th. So far I've seen Imperial Knights and a Banehammer in people lists. All the single shot Melta in the world isn't going to help against that stuff. I just need to hope that I can wipe the floor with the Necron and Imperial Guard players...

Watch Captain Argus (Crimson Fists)

watchcaptain_final.jpg

Librarian Aurelius (Ultramarines)

librarian_final.jpg

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Artemis and Retinue

inquisition_final.jpg

Kill Team Alpha (Space Wolves, Ultramarines, Imperial Fists, Black Shield, Ravenguard)

killteamalpha_final.jpg

Kill team Bravo (Raptors, White Scars, Salamanders, Angels of Redemption, Black Shield)

killteambravo_final.jpg

Kill Team Charlie (Black Templars, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Hawk Lords, Iron Hands)

killteamcharlie_final.jpg

Strikeforce Ulcisor

strikeforce.jpg

Having decided that I'm going to start collecting an Inquisition themed army with models to cover all of the major Ordos I'm going to convert this thread into a general Inquisition one.

First up is to raid my old models and bits boxes for potential Retinue members...

Acolytes

2014-06-01%2018.45.48%20HDR.jpg

Two Bounty Hunters, Bart and Lucius toting a Plasma Pistol and a Hot-Shot Lasgun respectively. They are joined by Sergeant Wilde who they found left for dead in the desert after his unit was obliterated.

Bodyguards & Assassins

2014-06-01%2018.46.21%20HDR.jpg

Two Crusaders acting as bodyguards for my Inquisitors and an Escher ganger being used as a Death Cult Assassin (until such a time as I find/make a better model).

Technobabblers

2014-06-01%2018.47.42%20HDR.jpg

A Tech Priest and a Jokaero along with the existing Servitors maintain the equipment of the retinue as well as create a comedy double-act as the Jokaero goes around "fixing" everything the priest does.

Priests & Psykers

2014-06-01%2018.49.15%20HDR.jpg

Retinue notary, book keeper, historian and fanatical zealot Josef pictured along side the Sanctioned Psyker Creep. Being followed by a Cherub used to carry whichever book my Inquisitor has been equipped with.

Inquisitors

2014-06-01%2018.49.29%20HDR.jpg

Inquisitor Artemis taking an austere approach to the business of the Ordo Xenos is joined by Inquisitor Lok who provides a more ostentatious flavour to the warband.

Not pictured (due to not being assembled yet) is the Warbands Landraider Crusader "Smidge" (as named by Bart and Lucius).

Work continues on my Inquisition forces.

One Crusader pattern Landraider. Not much work left to do on it so I should have it done either tonight or tomorrow.

smidge-wip01.jpg

smidge-wip02.jpg

The land raider look good, the layout of the red and black color blocking is eye catching.  I do think it needs deathwatch silver on it somewhere though.  Maybe you could get some brass etch lettering and lay it out on the doors so they look like deathwatch shoulderpads and paint the doors silver?

The land raider look good, the layout of the red and black color blocking is eye catching.  I do think it needs deathwatch silver on it somewhere though.  Maybe you could get some brass etch lettering and lay it out on the doors so they look like deathwatch shoulderpads and paint the doors silver?

This particular Landraider is for the Inquisition Retinue not the Deathwatch so it needs to be pretty generic Inquisition as it may get used along side Grey Knights and Sisters as much as it is Deathwatch.

Here is the finished thing...

_MG_1081.JPG

A quick WIP pic of some Vanguard Vets who will be joining the ranks of the Inquisition largely because I had some lying in my bits box half assembled.

vanguardwip.jpg

More WIP of the Vanguard Veterans.

vanguardwip2.jpg

The most striking part on the above models IMO is the steel, especially their harnesses. How do you achieve such magic?

Vallejo Model Air Silver followed by two washes of Nuln Oil. That's it job done.

If I was feeling adventurous I would then highlight it with silver again.

Archived