New To IG, Steel Legion Amoured Company Question

Regards the sentinels most of the weapons are reasonable, bar the missile launcher and lascannon, one shot weapons arn't so good with BS3, though the missile can fire frags which arn't that bad. I wouldnt bother with a single sentinel, in single squadrons they dont work so good.

Im thinking maybe dropping the manticore for this 1k list, getting another squad of veterans with lascannon, plasma gun and a chimera, which leaves you 65pts, enough to buy the other veteran squad a chimera. 1000pts on the nose.

Commissars are cool, i have 2 for my death korps, they are useful for making your squads not wanting to flee, or less of a chance of running away. Commissars are the taskmasters, ensuring that orders are followed.

Priests on the other hand are the guards equivalent of chaplains, driving the squads with them into a frenzy, driving them on into the ranks of the enemy, hardly close combat monsters on thier own but with a combined squad, a serious unit.

i am liking the idea of swapping the manticore for another vet squad and putting everyone in chimeras, although not sure if its worth having heavy weapons in a transport, although saying that im also thinking of dropping the manticore for a unit of 3 sentinels with autocannons, give the missile launcher squad a chimera which leaves 25pts for a commissar/priest/upgrades. makes the army into more of an armoured recon force then

edit: or leave the sentinels with multi lasers which gives me another 15pts for upgrades or if i ignore the commissar i could have 2 units of 2 sentinels with multi lasers.

Heavy weapons in chimeras are fine, i give mine heavy bolters mostly because my chimeras rarely stay still so snap firing if they move, its not ideal but the heavy bolter is cheap and is good for a few wounds throughout the game.  I dont see the point in giving units transports if they are staying still.

I adhere too much to my army fluff for my own good sometimes, if its my steel legion everything has to be in a vehicle or a vehicle. No foot sloggers unless your transport is destroyed, foot slogging is for the Krieg! 

Yeah 3 autocannon sentinels would be cool, steel legion love their sentinels. You could still have a manticore and use it in bigger games if you really wanted to paint one.

im the same i always try to go for fluff over power power, might try the heavy bolter instead of the missile launcher in the one squad (i love the heavy bolter model for some reason).

i've got a 1000pts (proxy) game in a week or so so gunna to try this list i think:

pask, punisher, heavy bolters, lascannon 240

exterminator, heavy bolters 150

10 veterans, 2x plasma gun 90

chimera 65

10 veterans, heavy bolter 70

chimera 65

executioner, plasma cannons 185

3 sentinels, 3 autocannons 135

total 1000pts

might not be the most powerful build out there but at least would be fluffy and would look cool on a table smile.png

I love tanks too, everything about them including painting so I understand. Do infantry in batches over time and you'll soon find yourself with enough troops for your needs. Then you can go mad with tanks, it's what I did! :lol:

Archived