rumor alert: sob model shortages expected

We use it fine at the Sabres and the tournaments I've been too recently have all allowed it so I think it's a case of getting with the times regarding groups not embracing FW. I mean, where would be the point if we couldn't use repressors?! :p

I have seen the dark side of Forgeworld too, though, with one person in particular who will bring the most OP cheesy units he can find in the FW library (yes, they still exist).  So I can understand someone's aversion when their first exposure to Forgeworld comes down to = undercosted unit makes traditional codex choices laughable in comparison; it reeks of pay-to-win.

For the record I am pro forgeworld.

I also would not compare Sisters to Chaos Dwarves; Sisters have recieved a far greater level of coverage over the years since their inception, whereas the Evil Dwarves barely had any.  I would actually compare AS to Grey Knights and Dark Eldar before GW took those armies and ran with them.

It's kinda like how Necrons started out with barely anything, but they were popular amongst the community and within the design studio, so they were built upon.  That happened a little for Sisters but they have never really had a clear idea of where to take the army concept, and so we languish still.

I'll take that point. I guess Necrons had a flavour all of their own whereas Sisters are just another element to the Imperium with the only real selling point being that they're female.

Necrons are/were simple. Terminators in 40k. Undead in 40k. Simple, clearly identified themes.

Sisters are much more subtle. It's what I was getting at in the 'making sisters cool' thread. How do you define them? As far as GW is concerned, Sisters have been nuns with guns, female space marines, s&m fetishism, inquisitional lapdogs, and just another branch of the imperium such as the Assasinorum and the Arbites.

All it takes is for them to sit down and work out what they are, but such things are difficult to do, and time-consuming. That is why it does not happen.

You forgot eternal victim. GW seems to like to use slaughtering Sisters as an example of other factions' and armies' badassitude. Necrons at Sanctuary 101, Grey Knights against the Bloodtide, etc., whenever someone needs to be shown as badass, GW's default seems to be to have them go kill a bunch of Sisters. It can get a bit depressing at times.wallbash.gif

Except when they meet Black Templars, apparently. They got along fairly fine in Helsreach. Or Vinculus Crusade -  High Marshal Ludoldus, Emperor's Champion Ulricus and Canoness Jasmine faced off against a greater daemon of Khorne, after all. In the resulting volcanic eruption (totally not because the HM tossed a Holy Hand Grenade into the volcano, nu-uh), the Templar Thunderhawks made a point of picking up the surviving Sisters and extracting them to safety. 

AND Castellan Draco was recognized after those events by Ordo Hereticus, given Vinculus' blade. So we had Space Marines (non-codex at that), the Ecclesiarchy (SoB) and the Inquisition playing along nicely for once! :D

What book is the Vinculus Crusade discussed in?

according to the Wikis

I would probably try and make them seem more fanatically religious somehow. Here I got it. Give them a church on legs. It's a massive walker like contraption that carries troops and has fire points.

If the imperium has flying churches (dark angels 5th edition codex background). Then why not a walking one.

I'd also look into giving them a female enginseer model.

Finally I'd give them a land raider redeemer conversion kit. It seems appropriate

Also why not also give them a custom aegis defense line that can shoot torrents of flame (one time use only) if a sister squad (wo)manning it is charged as a way to gimmick up their overwatch.

Another interesting idea is a black ship witchslayer bombardment. This is a cononess and witch hunter specific upgrade that you pay per shot for (30 base, 25 per additional use up to a cap of 5). From the center of the table roll a 3d6 scatter per shot at the start of your first turn (if you get a direct hit place wherever you want in 24 inches of the table center). Then place a marker. Anyone within a large blast pieplate of those markers is immune to magic. On top of that if a psyker is in those bubbles he doesn't contribute his mastery to power dice, he cannot deny the witch, or cast spells)

These would be cool I think. Playing off the idea of sisters being these witch hunting, city purging, pyromaniac, holy book thumpers.

• 2 weeks later...

one box of 10 bodies worth of models and some options/upgrade could make all but 3 or so infantry options in the entire codex. it would drop the price from around $90 to around $30. In my mind they have no reason not to.

The last time I paid really close attention to stuff being missing from the store was the old metal raptor kits. They vanished completely and within months were replaced by super sexy new plastic ones. 

Maybe I'm naive, maybe my faith in the Emprah is just TOO STRONG. But I'm hoping we'll see something nice sometime soon.

one box of 10 bodies worth of models and some options/upgrade could make all but 3 or so infantry options in the entire codex. it would drop the price from around $90 to around $30. In my mind they have no reason not to.

The last time I paid really close attention to stuff being missing from the store was the old metal raptor kits. They vanished completely and within months were replaced by super sexy new plastic ones. 

Maybe I'm naive, maybe my faith in the Emprah is just TOO STRONG. But I'm hoping we'll see something nice sometime soon.

Maybe so but if they did make this you know for a fact they would go in 5 man boxes like Grey knights for £20 a box or like witch elves for £40 for 10.

Likely the first due to the model options and gear covering multiple units.

Either way, I hope it does happen, even if I do have piles of the old metal ones.

Archived