rumor alert: sob model shortages expected

Yes, that'd be it. Not just volkites, though. Everything the legions had, my sisters will have. Autocannons. Missile launchers. Attack bikes. Sicarans. Vindicators. Land Raiders Prometheus (though it seems it didn't exist back then). Javelin Land Speeders. Medusa mortar tanks. EVERYTHING.

SISTER ALL THE THINGS

While I desperately want them to get a proper codex, I shudder at the thought of new models.  Aesthetic tastes vary widely, and I'm often disappointed in things that make others drool.  For example, the new stormtroopers with "South African mercenary" heads on top of baroque breastplates...hideous, I'm so glad I stocked up on kasrkin before that abomination was released and both versions of metal stormies (the other being the astronauts) were pulled.  Same with sisters.  I can see them doing a massive improvement to repentia, especially the mistress, but I can also see them caving to the politically correct wing and taking away the "miserable unworthy filth" flavor in pursuit of de-sexualizing them.  And I can't imagine any improvement to battle sisters. They're PERFECT as-is, and I don't see how their robes can be compatible with multi-pose options.  So...I think there's more potential for harm than good in new models.  

TBH, I think one reason they haven't redone the army is because they don't see a way to do so without "cleaning it up," and they don't want to do that because it would ruin the army.  They'd almost have to tone down the boobs on the power armor and completely change (or get rid of) repentia that you'd end up with not "female space marines," but rather androgynous space marines with female heads.  

There's a lot of aesthetic inertia to overcome. I can easily see the Sisters as 6-part kits (front and back torso, head, left arm, right arm, left leg, right leg), with the robes attached to the front and back torso pieces, perhaps only matching up with specific legs, but still - it works for the Astartes Scouts, it would work for the Sisters.

So I was browsing GW's site looking at models that I would get and whether or not ebay was worth a shot, whne I noticed that many of the models/sets are no longer available on their site. Does any one know if this means they are just going to run out and not refill their stocks or are they making some kind of modeling medium switch for the sister?

Games Workshop has hanged, drawn and quartered the very concept of warning their customers about future products years ago, so no, no one knows if sisters of battle will get plastics or resins. Seeing as the designers worship the ground space marines walk on and the shareholders only care about money that's certain to fund their third yacht, it's safer to assume the model range will fade into obscurity while the sisters themselves are kept alive in the lore for the sole purpose of making other factions look better by dying or falling to chaos.

There's a lot of aesthetic inertia to overcome. I can easily see the Sisters as 6-part kits (front and back torso, head, left arm, right arm, left leg, right leg), with the robes attached to the front and back torso pieces, perhaps only matching up with specific legs, but still - it works for the Astartes Scouts, it would work for the Sisters.

The deathwing knights also had one front torso fit with a certain set of legs, if i remember correctly.

They should be able to do a sisters kit with out any troubles,

If they want to, that is a whole different discussion,

I see Penitent Engines are back in stock

Well that at least lets me know that sisters must be on a limited rotation. Good signs they are done dead, like some other armies I play.

Lets hope they are a work in progress.

Well I have seen one Rumour pop up from a WD.

Its a long shot and I assume more than anything it will be the reprint of allot of old chapter rules as a marine expansion book or all the Apocalypse formations under 1 cover but WD 26 mention a new codex.

Codex Apocrypha.

The Apocrypha of the Nightbringer is a forbidden text maintained by the Order of the Lost Rosetta, an order of the Adepta Sororitas. The text gives details on the mysterious Necron race. The existence of the Apocrypha was disclosed to Father Librarian Jonas Ureile by Sister Dialogus Ptolemea while stationed on the planet Rahe's Paradise. Within its pages are descriptions of the Scarabs and the Tomb Spyders of the C'tan's servants.

Seems like a book of "stats for old stuff we don't normally let you use any more" to me. Which could be awesome, but I think the most we'll get out of this on the Sisters side is a mention of Dialogous keeping the records.

Edit: Debunked. It's just an article in white dwarf.

Is Games Workshop begging for a repeat of the fiasco with Chapter House Studios and its mycetic spore model- I mean "Alien Spore Pod or Comms Relay"?

In my opinion, the company has two options available.

1) Wholeheartedly support the Adepta Sororitas. PRINT a new codex (a digital edition does not count, in my opinion), manufacture new models (yes, even "Citadel Finecast" versions of existing models), and spend some serious money on advertising- including hiring Black Library novelists to write new Adepta Sororitas novels.

2) Squat them. Publicly state the "Adepta Sororitas" and "Sisters of Battle" are no longer supported in the current edition of the game/will no longer be supported in a future edition of the game. Gamers who currently have "Adepta Sororitas" models, may have them proxy as Tempestus Scions. Kindly look the other way when Chapter House Studios produces models for "Female Space Marines".

Games Workshop should not try to cling to a franchise they no longer support, like a unloving and negligent parent who refuses to acknowledge his child is now an adult, and demands his child continue serving his every need. This kind of half-assed behavior will only cause more trouble than it's worth.

Well, personally, I'd rather be neglected than killed off.

Right, If I could only find a good deal on some models, or something I could use that fits the theme to me. I have a feeling that I will slowly gather my sisters.

Depends on the quality of life you are having...

With life, there is always the possibility of things improving. Always. Whether real life or toy soldiers, existence is potential. Being killed off destroys that potential.

Depends on the quality of life you are having...

With life, there is always the possibility of things improving. Always. Whether real life or toy soldiers, existence is potential. Being killed off destroys that potential.

Nah, they could always decide to bring you back. Death isn't the handicap it was in my Grandfather's day.

Well I have been around for a few armies "death's" and some people still clinging to them. Kind of made me sad, just when you thinking about playing an army they go the way of the Dodo. Then what? Yeah there are others I liked, but not enough for me to start playing at the time, and I was much younger then.....

I was at the Open Day yesterday, and the subject of Sisters of Battle came up in one of the seminars I was attending, and in discussions with the design team. Phil Kelly was discussing how the new release schedule and the concept of supplements frees up a lot of design studio time to work on projects they are really enthused about. Sisters were used as an example of a potential Supplement-style book candidate, but that was in the context of they type of book they can release relative to volume of models (for example, the new Tempestus models and their supplement - I speculate that if the Sisters got a basic Squad and Seraphim, we would see pretty much the same army list we have now, but listed as a "supplement" instead of a "Codex"). Most models/releases are driven by what the sculptors are most enthusiastic about making, so if there is a massive buzz about the Sisters in the Studio and tons of ideas for cool units that get signed off then it would be a full Codex rather than a supplement.

More pertinent to the discussion in this thread about models, the Sisters are definitely not going to be dropped - they could not comment on when anything specific (for any faction) might be released, but Sisters are not going anywhere...Jes Goodwin said that as long as he works for GW, the Sisters will be around.

Whilst discussing the new release schedule, it was mentioned that the full-on Dark Eldar reboot, whilst a favourite project of Phil and Jes, took them around 5 years to do and they really wanted to work on other projects during this time as they were getting burnt out working on the same project. As such, I am not surprised that the "plastic sisters rumour" has been one for ages, as it is quite possible that they have indeed been being worked on on-and-off for many years.

Therefore, whilst the studio are being very tight-lipped about the future in general, I think there is hope for the Sisters - they certainly aren't going to be killed off and there will be a release at some point.

I'm glad that Jes hasn't given up on them. Sisters models by Jes? Yes, please! happy.png I can wait for that day, even if that day is years from now smile.png

Archived