Faith and Firepower: BFeeder's Heresy Log

BFeeder

Hello and welcome! I've made this log to cover any Heresy related miniatures I happen to have been working on. The current theme I've settled on at the moment involves one of the more infamous of "rivalries" between loyalist and traitors of the Legiones Astartes: the Ultramarines of the XIII Legion and the Word Bearers of the XVII Legion.

So without further preamble, let's get down to the pics smile.png

Word Bearers Veteran Sergeant WiP (un-named for the time being):

gallery_74605_9520_5926.jpeg

I'll likely switch out his Ashen Circle iconography for a Chapter symbol.

gallery_74605_9520_61620.jpeg

And here's a XIII Legion Champion I'm currently working on:

gallery_74605_9520_34965.jpeg

Better shot of the Ultima icon.

gallery_74605_9520_63008.jpeg

Comments and criticisms welcome smile.png

Thanks for the kind words guys smile.png

Are the Word Bearers upgrade packs already out? You got them at the Weekend, I suppose?

The Word Bearers parts were indeed acquired at the HH Weekender, which means they should be on general release within a few weeks.

Seeing those WB upgrades up close makes me appreciate them more now.

Its nice to see the WB upgrade bits up close smile.png

The details are excellent and I want to emulate the Colchisian cuneiform and oath papers on his leg plates.

I'll post close-ups of the individual upgrade sets when I get home tonight. I also acquired the upgrades for the Imperial Fists, which are also rather awesome cool.png

Okay, so here are some better pictures of the upgrade sets:

XVII Legion torsos:

gallery_74605_9520_18075.jpeg

XVII Legion helms:

gallery_74605_9520_243634.jpeg

Obviously you get five torsos and 10 heads but I didn't photograph any duplicate pieces smile.png

Are you also gonna ad some gal vorbak?

I don't think I will be getting any Gal Vorbak for this particular project, as I've got quite a specific theme in mind; the miniatures look incredible though!

!!

That's what the WB upgrades look like? Those are amazing, thanks for the pics. I'm ordering those as soon as they hit the site.

Both your characters are looking great, the GS work on the champion is impressively professional looking. Also, what is your specific theme, might I ask? Is it a particular battle?

The parts for that veteran sergeant had me thinking you were chopping up Ashen Circle models for bitz - I gotta say those upgrade parts are mighty purty. ;)

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but that Ultramarine is based on Loken, right? I only ask because he's looking quite a lot like a Moritat I'm working on. ^_^

Would it be too much to ask if you could display the IF upgrades? biggrin.png

Oh go on then msn-wink.gif

VII Torsos:

gallery_74605_9520_241690.jpeg

VII Heads:

gallery_74605_9520_42557.jpeg

Also, what is your specific theme, might I ask? Is it a particular battle?

It's basically set during the aftermath of the Shadow Crusade. I've got plans for other forces too, including traitor Imperial Army forces and local defense auxilia.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but that Ultramarine is based on Loken, right? I only ask because he's looking quite a lot like a Moritat I'm working on. happy.png

You're totally right smile.png it's a gorgeous sculpt and I just had to use him.

You're making me jealous, brother! Those Imperial Fist bitz are gorgeous! The second torso from the left is slated for my commander just as soon as I can get my grubby mitts on a set. biggrin.png

Damn, those are nice. I can see those heads being popular outside the legion, too. The torsos are nice enough that I'm contemplating an IF kill team as a future project, and I did NOT expect to want IF minis when I clicked this thread. Thanks for posting them!

Nice work on the Word Bearer and the Ultramarine! And you've definitely got some pretty decent sculpting skills, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us further down the line :tu:

Oh, and thanks for the upgrade pack pictures!

Word Bearer bits look awesome. But I wonder if it will actually make it harder to paint the script as it has already been engraved in the model.

Archived