Faith and Firepower: BFeeder's Heresy Log

BFeeder

Those Imperial Fist bitz are gorgeous! The second torso from the left is slated for my commander just as soon as I can get my grubby mitts on a set. biggrin.png

I'm waiting for Forgeworld to bring out VII Legion shoulder pad sets. I really don't want to spend 2 hours at a time, sculpting Legion symbols onto individual shoulder pads tongue.png

Damn, those are nice. I can see those heads being popular outside the legion, too. The torsos are nice enough that I'm contemplating an IF kill team as a future project, and I did NOT expect to want IF minis when I clicked this thread. Thanks for posting them!

I was planning on using the heads for any XIII/XVII legionaries who had older patterns of armour. I just wish all Forgeworld MKIII armour sets looked as awesome as the MKIII Praetor and now this upgrade kit!

I wonder if it will actually make it harder to paint the script as it has already been engraved in the model.

I wondered this when Erebus was released. I'm inclined to say it's probably easier to paint, provided you have a reasonable level of brush control.

Are those WB and IF bits unreleased stuff or something, havent seen them before but they are gorgeus tongue.png!

Correct smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I've got a minor update:

gallery_74605_9520_2776.jpeg

gallery_74605_9520_23825.jpeg

Legion Champion WiP

gallery_74605_9520_10216.jpeg

Legion Chosen for Command Squad WiP

So as you can see, progress has been pretty slow. I haven't decided what to do about the Champion's left pauldron, but between that and a few other tweaks he's done. The Chosen is probably what is taking up the most of my time. I've never attempted anything like it before, so it's been a bit of a learning curve. Unfortunately I've had no time to do anything with the Word Bearers. I will get round to them, but given that they are pretty well represented already by Forgeworld (I received another torso upgrade set in the mail yesterday, amongst other things) they don't require quite as much time to "get right".

Anyway, thanks for looking! Comments and criticisms are welcome as always smile.png.

Archived