Stepping Down ...

I am sad to hear this. This forum has been an invaluable resource to myself and many others, due in large part to your great work on it (as it would obviously not even exist without you).

Here's hoping your medical issues take a turn for the better. I shall donate forthwith!

How about once we reach the donation target we organize a painting challenge, each member could model and paint a "Brother Argos" for there own army to show our appreciation for all his hard work over the years? :smile.:

huge golf clap to Brother Argos and the rest of the admin and mod team, we really do owe all of you a hell of a lot for all your hard work and efforts over the years...

I definitely need to kitbash a Brother Argos for my chapter. :happy.:

Brother Argos,

Though I never met you in person, I wish I had.

To thank you in person.

Your vision for the website and your technical expertise has been enduring and remarkable.

Recently my mothers cancer returned and my fiancee was diagnosed with chronic myleoid leukemia in the accelerated phase, my savings are being depleted paying for meds to keep her going till we find a solution.

The frailty of being human is at times frustrating to watch. I truly can't wait for an age in which the science of the future alleviates the medical conditions of today.

I wish you as much freedom and enjoyment in the hobby related world as is possible, as you in turn have helped enable others all around the world to share in that same enjoyment. It's a great hobby!

All the best to you and your family.

P.S. Below are some images that are probably Brother Argos related :thumbsup:

That made me laugh .. the first especially

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/argos/brargos2.jpg

It is how I used to look (facially I mean, not the armour) after many years I am much thinner.

Charging across the battlefield, Land raider giving covering fire from behind.

I remember that picture...

[drifts into own little world] Those were the days... [random mutterings]

:happy.:

Edited by Dam13n

Just another voice amongst many here. I first started browsing the Bolter and Chainsword as a skinny runt of a fourteen-year-old, and from then until now it's been the primary factor in keeping me interested in tabletop wargaming, the Warhammer 40,000 universe, and of course the power armoured behemoths that are the Adeptus Astartes. I would never have got back into this hobby if it wasn't for the community that exists on this forum and the talent of its members. I hope Argos leaves the B&C with a real, honest sense of pride in what he's created here. It's the best online community of which I've been a part and I hope it continues to thrive for years to come.

Brother Argos,

I am saddened by your leaving our family due to your medical issues.    Your dedication to all of us in maintaining this site over the years  is  remarkable and no words can give enough thanks for all you have done.   We will not forget what you have done through the years.   Your name is in the Hall of Honor of all power armor chapters!    

For the Emperor!

For Brother Argos!

we salute you!

:HQ::HQ::HQ::HQ:

Hail, Brother Argos!

I've been lurking on bolterandchainsword for a very long time now. This site and the community got me into the hobby and I'm visiting regularly ever since, at times on a daily basis. I understand that, to a large part, I owe this to your dedication and generosity. It makes me very sad to hear about your condition and about you having to step down. 

I've registered to express my gratitude and respect. Thank you, Brother Argos! I wish you all the best for your future!

I've also made a donation and I promise to keep donating my share for as long as I come back here.

It warms the cockles of my heart to read this topic :smile.: Don't forget everyone that the best thing you can do is not just donate but also be active members of our community. Don't just lurk, come in and share in the hobby :biggrin.: As much as the B&C is built on Argos's hard work and generosity we are part of the construction too :thumbsup:

Brother Argos, the quality and depth of this forum is a testament to all of your hard work and commitment to the hobby. I can say unequivocally that this is the best community for 40k I have encountered.

I've have a Salamander assault marine I'd very much like to donate to your legion. If you'd be happy to accept it?

http://37.media.tumblr.com/ab209c077c29a3230572a9118b37e808/tumblr_mx3jhfJINC1qd9z3no1_1280.png

Drop me a PM and I'll post it out to you. :biggrin.: 

WotF.

*edit* - Donated. ;)

Edited by WingsOfTheFalcon

I've only been a part of this community for a short time, but instantly was welcomed. It's the best hobby related site in my opinion and it's only been made possible by your hard work and the other admin members.

Thanks for making this site awesome, sorry to hear about the decline in your sight and health, like it's been said please keep us posted on how your doing.

I'm not a big name poster or anyone special, but I have enjoyed this site for many years now.

Brother Argus, you have my respect and admiration for the love and care you have put into this site, not least of all single handedly funding it. I wish you the very best in life.

For the rest of you.... STAND WITH YOUR BROTHERS! I don't know much about this 'dollar' milarky that keeps getting mentioned, but I've got some good old fashioned sterling to send the way of the site. £6 a year or whatever it is is a minute price to pay for such an awesome site. May it continue to endure :)

How about once we reach the donation target we organize a painting challenge, each member could model and paint a "Brother Argos" for there own army to show our appreciation for all his hard work over the years? :smile.:

huge golf clap to Brother Argos and the rest of the admin and mod team, we really do owe all of you a hell of a lot for all your hard work and efforts over the years...

I definitely need to kitbash a Brother Argos for my chapter. :happy.:

He will have badass bionic eyes, and dual wield lascannons!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Brother Argos for all your efforts. I loved your projects and found them insightful and impressive. It was thanks to your inspiration that i gained renewed enthusiasm in the hobby.

I wish you all the best.

I've been here a long time (not as long as some, mind you!) and I didn't even know of the Argos until one or two years ago.  In my content ignorance, the system was working, and that was enough for me.  The thought that this was in fact the work, gift and child of a benevolent individual never even crossed my happy little mind.  

At once, this seems unjust and yet appropriate.  Unjust, in that someone definitely deserves recognition and gratitude for making something like this, a corner of the internet where folks can come and spew nerd love at one another in an environment of decency and good natured banter.  Appropriate, in that while the Argos is indisputably the source of this enormous inter-pub, the community defines and sustains it, just as it has now done in the literal sense by generously supplying another year's digital rent at the drop of an overturned hat.

So, thank you, the Argos, for making all this happen, and take solace in knowing that what you have made is so good that we will do all we can to keep the dream alive.

tl/dr; S'alright baby, just relax.  We got this. :cool.:

Edited by Firepower