4th Tarosian Regiment - Devildog

Thats a shame it's unique. I am waiting for the big guns never tire, for the  possibility that you might present a ,Russ with a hammerhead turret with a railgun as a counts as ,Vanquisher. You're making me want to pull out my ,Tau and start working on them.

Thats a shame it's unique. I am waiting for the big guns never tire, for the possibility that you might present a ,Russ with a hammerhead turret with a railgun as a counts as ,Vanquisher. You're making me want to pull out my ,Tau and start working on them.

Now this sounds a great idea!!

do  have a spare Heavy Rail Rifle from the new Broadside kit. I may look into doing a conversion like that in time, I'm going to be getting a Mortian Battletank with luck, to serve as Pask's ride, so converting the HRR barrel onto it should be fairly easy. (I'm going to magnetise all the options, make Elmo proud!)

Sadly I don't use Vanquishers much, and my Ryza Forge World one has sat on the shelf for a while now. They're lovely models and cool in theory, but I find them wanting whenever I play them. :/

In the meantime, I received my Paulus Von Phyrra mini from Kromlech, which is a lovely mini for someone looking for an alternative Priest model. Model had fairly minimal flash and mould lines, the only major flaw being a bubble in the hilt of the chainsword that needed a little TLC to repair. The alternative parts will look good on other models, there's a nice shotgun for one, plus some cool swords and a Bolt Pistol/Hand Flamer.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/temporary-128.jpg

Debating whether to get more from these guys in the future. Their Guard range seems sadly limited, dey seem ta like da green way betta.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I haven't managed to find the time to do an awful lot more painting on my Guard, (sadly.) I've mainly been painting terrain for the store, which has been a nice change of pace and allowed me to try some different things. Here's a couple of links to save cluttering the page for those interested.

Also got some parts through from Puppets War to build custom Chimera turrets. Still to green stuff and tidy up some lines, as well as add some optics or something to the left-hand side of the turret where it's bare, but I like the look personally. Nice thing is that they design these to be magnetised, and have small indents for putting magnets in, so the Autocannon will be interchangeable with a Multi-Laser and Heavy Bolter I'll be buying later:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150101_15_32_42_Pro.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150101_15_32_54_Pro.jpg

I quite like the look it gives to the Chimera now.

Definitely needs something on the lh turret side even if it is a couple of storage boxes or even the hunter killer missile...

Definitely needs something on the lh turret side even if it is a couple of storage boxes or even the hunter killer missile...

Some Tau sensors will corrupt the tank suitably and make it work.

Both very good ideas, I reckon it would be fairly easy to convert a sort of launch rail/mount for a pair of Seeker Missles on that blank side to use as counts-as HK Missles or maybe convert a Tau Drone/Battlesuit Head and some Tau sensor vane thinga-ma-jigs for a comm/sensor array.

I'll raid the ol' bitz box and see what I find. The turret's designed to have an Autocannon on each side, but I only wanted it on one, so it's bare on the other.

Maybe a rail mount with a seeker missile could work, though I never use H-KMs. 

I ended up going for a rail-mounted Seeker Missile as an HKM, with a Multi-Tracker on the roof for that Tau look. I'll try and get a pic up later to get opinions.

For now, I've been sitting down for most of the day with my bitz box, some plasticard and wire mesh, and a want to build. I've decided to try and make a whole load of "street clutter" terrain to help flesh out the tables at the local store. It's been fun building this stuff, hopefully I'll be able to make use of the practice once the rest of the bitz for my Chem Dogs come through from Victoria! These are all pretty WIP for now until I flesh them out fully, some more than others!

Dozer blade seemed like an easy bit of cover, especially one perhaps discarded by a tank after taking damage and coming loose.

The chain fences are mainly for Kill Team, as they'll require people to climb over them to get past, adding some interesting flanking opportunities on the table. Also adds another use of decent Initiative into the game.

The weapons cache was a nice use of all those spare Lasguns all us Guard players have in our bitz boxes, and should be good for when we look into Campaigns.

The looted Deathstrike was a fun piece to throw together. I only had the carcass of the missile, so a slew of "techy bitz" was thrown in to look like it had been royally worked over by a band of thieving Orks. Worry not, a Corporal has managed to apprehend one of the culprits at the small cost of his own life!

Machine gun nests were nice street clutter that I wanted to add for that war-torn feel in a city. They'd work at street level, or in buildings to boot. Debating using the Gun Emplacement rules to represent them.

This last one is asilly contraption I call the Vanquisher Autocannon. I think it'd be fun to have these be an environmental threat, being placed in dug-in positions, or buyable for defending players to use. I can imagine it being Ordnance 1, S7 AP2 or Heavy 2 S7 AP4 depending on ammo choice. Let it be said there is nothing that doesn't look cooler without a barrel impractically long for the weapon it's attached to!

Archived