[HH1.0] Imperial Fists Tactics

Slips

Thanks for the anwsers!

Surprisingly enough I hadn't read about the hammerfall RoW, but I don't think he can do it, basically because he wouldn't have units in the table in turn 1 and would loose, but I think thos could work well if combined with some rapiers and some of the units that aren't forced into reserve.

No units but vehicles are forced into reserves for Hammerfall, actually.

It just gives you the option of deepstriking everything if you're so inclined. I've just found it to be odd in that its a RoW that wants you to deepstrike but does little to help you do it outside of having an Allied or using it as Allied so that you can have Vehicles on the board T1 that would help with Reserves like a Command Rhino or Land Raider Proteus.

If, however, you have some pretty decently tough infantry/rapiers to weather the storm, your Deepstriking infantry will have an easy-ish time getting where they need to be.

...but, you're at the mercy of scatter as well as being unable to assault on the drop.

Quad Mortars are definitely the way forward, and with a Siege breaker for Phosphex I agree.

Yeah Slips the reason he hit them was we were playing that triangle pointy depolyment in a really terrain compact space. So my vindicator was close to the Spartan as was the land raider to the other. Just unfortunate and lucky scattering.

Yes, I've just realized this combines perfectly with stone gauntlet!

You cant self-ally with the same Legion Though.

So if you were thinking of A Primary of Stone Gauntlet with a Hammerfall Allied, its straight up illegal.

So if you were thinking of A Primary of Stone Gauntlet with a Hammerfall Allied, its straight up illegal.

Really? I thought you could take a RoW for each 1000 points, mening that you could take 2 rites in a 2000 points game.

No, you can only have one Master of the Legion for each 1,000 points.

Hammerfall Strike Force also prohibits Allied Detachments completely, so maybe it could work in reverse, AS the Allied Detachment?

No, you can only have one Master of the Legion for each 1,000 points.

Hammerfall Strike Force also prohibits Allied Detachments completely, so maybe it could work in reverse, AS the Allied Detachment?

It wouldn't be as good, as the praetor in the SG would have artificer armour while the one in the HSF would have cataphractii armour, but if its legal that way it should work (maybe in a squad of phalax warders?).

Edited by The Traitor

So if you give the Siege Breaker a jump pack, who would he roll with? Some destroyers?

Probably solo as a spotter. If you have a unit to shove him in, go for it. But if not, its not like hes a combat beast either way. So just keep him hopping around for LoS.

You could give him destroyers like I have but jump packs make them stupid expensive.

Really? I thought you could take a RoW for each 1000 points, mening that you could take 2 rites in a 2000 points game.

Nope.

You can have 1 master of the legion per 1k points but they can only ever take 1 row in a single detachment.

That means youd need a second minimum 1k point allied detachment with a Praetor to unlock a 2nd RoW. This detachment, however, cannot have the same Legiones Astartes Rule as the Primary.

So no Stone Gauntlet IF with Allied Hammerfall IF since that would be an illegal army.

So if you give the Siege Breaker a jump pack, who would he roll with? Some destroyers?

Probably solo as a spotter. If you have a unit to shove him in, go for it. But if not, its not like hes a combat beast either way. So just keep him hopping around for LoS.

You could give him destroyers like I have but jump packs make them stupid expensive.

You could always put him on a jetbike and throw him with some Skyhunters? I think it still ends up running around 300 points in total but way less expensive than SB + Destroyers, still maneuverable for spotting and you get some HB/Culverin fire to throw around at decent range.

Nope.

You can have 1 master of the legion per 1k points but they can only ever take 1 row in a single detachment.

That means youd need a second minimum 1k point allied detachment with a Praetor to unlock a 2nd RoW. This detachment, however, cannot have the same Legiones Astartes Rule as the Primary.

So no Stone Gauntlet IF with Allied Hammerfall IF since that would be an illegal army.

This would certainly be true using the rules of 6th ed in where a force couldn't ally with itself. But what about 7th? In 40k you can do it. Does it specify in the 30k book that you can't?

Sorry for all the rules questions, but I'm relatively new to 30k myself and I haven't still accustomed (I still struggle to fit 1 unit of 20 instead of 2 units of 10)

^I've tried them a couple of times.

Sadly, I just don't think they stack up to the Lightning-Primaris or the Thunderbolt with their current points cost and array of weapons (since they're virtually identical otherwise). 

The idea behind the rotary missile launcher is a good one but with only Str8, you're almost never going to be penetrating the heavy armor targets that would see the most use out of it. Lighter targets like other aircraft it will just rip through, but if you wanted to do that, why not just take a autocannon-toting, tank-hunting Primaris and do it waybetter? 

So with my gaming group ruling that Pollux warlord trait works in my favor. I am determined to use him and the breachers I have built in the second half of my little mini campaign.

A mini stone gauntlet list with the Storm cannon leviathan some hammer shield terminators and possibly another unit of just regular Cataphractii should come to just about the point value. Somewhere around 1250.

Might go with power fists instead of hammers for the terminator unit I don't find that it matters so much against nids

I am quite open to suggestions though.