Then we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. :tu:

As for 2.0, once I've done the Conclusion, I'll look into doing the Monster Summary tm. :)

Okay, I've been rummaging around in the back pages and I've come across an interesting thought. Now, bear with me. 

As far as I have been able to work out, the Sons of Caldaron were wiped out in the First Wave of the EWC on Erin Prime. Fair enough. However, both the Doomsayers and the Angels Exultant were struck from the ranks of the Cluster* but it would appear unless we retcon who takes part in the Third Wave that events involving them disappearing/falling to Chaos would have to occur during/after the Third Wave, possibly before the fall of the Den. 

What I want to know is, do I have the right of it? Do any others fall during the EWC? Trying to trawl through data, figure out what's been changed or forgotten and then making sense of it all is proving a wee bit taxing. ^_^

* And, as we know, the Doomsayers will return later.

To be honest, I don't actually recall if their falls/disapppearances were even linked to the EWC at all. They might have been, but do we want all three of those events to happen at once?

We can delay the Doomsayers and the Angels Exultant. There's nothing I've found so far that specifically says they DID fall in the EWC but their demise (apparent or otherwise) has been decided a long time ago. We definitely know the Sons fell, though, so that detail is hardly going to change. ^_^

Aye, the Sons' demise was determined at the very beginning, when the Lords got the higher vote.

I think I'd prefer the delay, mostly because it gives more time to play with Loyalist Exultants.

Perhaps, just to set it down for future use, the Doomsayers disappear late into M36, while the Angels fall mid-M37?

That gives a few centuries to a millennium of time.

Perhaps, just to set it down for future use, the Doomsayers disappear late into M36, while the Angels fall mid-M37?

I think, judging by the original IA entry for the Angels, they would have to disappear before the Doomsayers (because the Doomsayers are mentioned). That being said, the Doomsayers reappear early into M37, so we're not going to have terribly long to use loyalist Angels either way...

Angels Exultant

-snip-

Greatly weakened by this enemy’s attacks, in addition to the normal losses accrued as they tried to continue in their reclamation of the Liber Cluster, the renegades finally decided to strike in force. A great space hulk tore out of the warp and opened fire on the Angels Exultant fleet. Finally though fortune smiled on the Angels. The Doomsayers came and with their aid the enemy was routed. Expressing their thanks to their timely saviors, the Angels Exultant decided to follow the enemy to their base of operations, which had been revealed via a joint boarding action of both Doomsayers and Angels Exultant battle brothers.

-snip-

I always figured this was the moment of the Doomsayer's return, rather than being before they left. I don't see them going full renegade until a good deal after the Vandire Schism. And honestly, even at that point, not all of them really worship chaos, it's just that they are being enslaved by their chants and faith/psychic network being hijacked. Any new recruits made from their geneseed probably are actually chaos worshippers, but many of the originals would happily turn on their chaos masters if someone could break them free of the control. (Although quite a few of those would likely fall on each other or their own swords in horror of what they had become.)

Aha. Well, in that case, the return of the Doomsayers is slated for early in M37. Which allows us... just over nine-hundred years of loyalist Angels Exultant, give or take. A millennium maybe. And then from there we have until the start of M38 before The Untaken go on their treasure hunt at Moribus.

Hey Olis, I've done a bit of combing through the thread and I believe I'm found all the story segments for the Barluate Raid, here's the list of links to each post:

Barluate Raid

Emperor above, we really did go overboard with that didn't we? What was it, 25 pages I think someone said it amounted to?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and here's the 2nd Battle of Zavatista too: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/292767-the-liber-cluster/?p=4348584

My thanks. It's almost a shame that, besides providing the links themselves, the battle will be summarised down to one or two paragraphs. ^_^ 

My thanks. It's almost a shame that, besides providing the links themselves, the battle will be summarised down to one or two paragraphs. :happy.:

To be fair, it's probably for the best. I pity the poor sod who has to read through all of that madness.

My thanks. It's almost a shame that, besides providing the links themselves, the battle will be summarised down to one or two paragraphs. :happy.:

To be fair, it's probably for the best. I pity the poor sod who has to read through all of that madness.

That'll be me, then. And I have waaay more to go through in the next few weeks (yes, weeks). Over one hundred pages of wheat and chaff to sort through (probably multiple times) for the EWC's Conclusion and for a new set of summary posts for the Cluster 2.0 thread. Thank the Emperor that there is a search function on these forums. :sweat:

I'll be assisting as well. My intention has been to wait until you bring closure to the EWC and begin work during the peace and quiet of a closed thread.

Since your recent boost in free time, might as well share the load.

Much appreciated, brother. ^_^

My first order of business is finding links to the posts containing the write ups for the EWC. I have some already but, well, this is a long thread. If you could do me a favour and grab the ones for the third wave, that'll be a step closer to the finished Conclusion.

Once the summaries are done and other relevant interesting points are noted, there's the Lion's Den to tackle (maybe we could rope in Ace for that?). That's going to be fun. A summary for that, too, to go in the Conclusion should hopefully round things off for this thread barring other additional miscellaneous content. Then, post ETL V, we can think about getting 2.0 up and active (perhaps discussing how to bring in new Chapters without upsetting the balance we have can be done around this time). :)

Seems reasonable, having Ace tackle the unwritten conflict so you can focus on simply collecting and collating into a more reader-friendly format. If he's willing. Guy deserves a medal, all the Liber projects he assists in bringing closure to.

You and I will probably be talking a lot about the Cluster between closing this thread and opening another, as well as with many others who have participated. I want to have 2.0 up and running right away with a goal in mind, as well as have any outstanding 1.0 events either sewn up and done with or set up in a way that is easy for newcomers to find, understand and contribute. Basically, while this remains an entirely community-led project, the transition between threads will have some things occur behind closed doors to make sure it's as fluid and newcomer-friendly as possible.

That'll be me, then. And I have waaay more to go through in the next few weeks (yes, weeks). Over one hundred pages of wheat and chaff to sort through (probably multiple times) for the EWC's Conclusion and for a new set of summary posts for the Cluster 2.0 thread. Thank the Emperor that there is a search function on these forums. :sweat:

I'll be assisting as well. My intention has been to wait until you bring closure to the EWC and begin work during the peace and quiet of a closed thread.

Since your recent boost in free time, might as well share the load.

Saints, Emperor-sent Saints the pair of you. :laugh.:

Helfen - Aetheric Swords + All Seers Olis (DONE... mostly)

Caecus 1 + Caecus 2 - Blackjaw Kindred + Doomsayers Teetengee + Captain Nameless (ARTICLE DONE)

Naxa Secundus + Ogris - Black Judges + Conflagrators Ace Debonair (DONE)

Unnamed planet Korvalian - Eagles of Glory + Lords Inviolate Olis (DONE)

Unnamed planet Glavor - Iron Ravagers + Angels Exultant Ace Debonair (DONE)

Thravis Prime Round 2 - Scarlet Sentinels + Heralds of Letum Conn Eremon (DONE)

Zavatista Round 2 (Optional) - Blades of the Lion + Black Falcons SanguiniusReborn (DONE)

See above. :tu:

Seems reasonable, having Ace tackle the unwritten conflict so you can focus on simply collecting and collating into a more reader-friendly format. If he's willing. Guy deserves a medal, all the Liber projects he assists in bringing closure to.

Aye, if we can persuade him to do it. We have asked a lot of Ace recently - he would be well within his right to decline. If that proves to be the case then taking up the task will be treated as a duty, just like the Conclusion and the Monster Summarytm. It'll be done, either way.

You and I will probably be talking a lot about the Cluster between closing this thread and opening another, as well as with many others who have participated. I want to have 2.0 up and running right away with a goal in mind, as well as have any outstanding 1.0 events either sewn up and done with or set up in a way that is easy for newcomers to find, understand and contribute. Basically, while this remains an entirely community-led project, the transition between threads will have some things occur behind closed doors to make sure it's as fluid and newcomer-friendly as possible.

A clear "game-plan" will be needed, no doubt. As for newcomers finding things easy - that'll be a goal of the Summary for 2.0. I anticipate heavy usage of the Hidden Content tags. 

Saints, Emperor-sent Saints the pair of you. :laugh.:

Aw, shucks. ^_^

Aye, the Summarius Monstrum will almost entirely be made up of hidden content and links, as I see it. I think, for necessity's sake, we might stick to a five sentence maximum for all entries, and rely upon a vigorous use of links to provide the full story.

For entries spread across multiple posts that are not easily linked to (say a certain Battle of Barluate), either Olis or I can collect them all into a single post (if able) that can be added to this, still-closed thread for ease of being linked to in the later 2.0 thread. Keeping 1.0 clutter in the 1.0 thread, while leaving 2.0 relatively clutter-free. At least, in the beginning. :D

Helfen - Aetheric Swords + All Seers Olis (DONE... mostly)

Caecus 1 + Caecus 2 - Blackjaw Kindred + Doomsayers Teetengee + Captain Nameless (ARTICLE DONE)

Naxa Secundus + Ogris - Black Judges + Conflagrators Ace Debonair (DONE)

Unnamed planet Korvalian - Eagles of Glory + Lords Inviolate Olis (DONE)

Unnamed planet Glavor - Iron Ravagers + Angels Exultant Ace Debonair (DONE)

Thravis Prime Round 2 - Scarlet Sentinels + Heralds of Letum Conn Eremon (DONE)

Zavatista Round 2 (Optional) - Blades of the Lion + Black Falcons SanguiniusReborn (DONE)

See above. :thumbsup:

I hadn't noticed that Caecus was missed from my previous list. Cheers for the update. :tu:

Keeping 1.0 clutter in the 1.0 thread, while leaving 2.0 relatively clutter-free. At least, in the beginning. :biggrin.:

That's another objective to have. A good goal that compliments the other one.

Aye, if we can persuade him to do it. We have asked a lot of Ace recently - he would be well within his right to decline. If that proves to be the case then taking up the task will be treated as a duty, just like the Conclusion and the Monster Summarytm. It'll be done, either way.

A medal?

Nah.

I'll just add 'Harbinger of Conclusions' to my list of titles. :tongue.:

So... what exactly do you need me to do? :happy.:

So... what exactly do you need me to do? :happy.:

We need the last bastion (Lion's Den) of the Sereiki Lions taken in such a way that the Imperium will believe Khroda is dead. We've bounced around some ideas already. Here's SanguiniusReborn's take on it: 

I imagine it wouldn't be as dramatic a showdown as you'd think, at least not in the way you'd think. What I'm picturing is this, the Lions had been completely driven out of the Eighteen Worlds by the Crusade (albeit at a high cost) so they retreat to their faithful old haunt, the Den, but the Imps have learned well the lessons of their predecessors. The varied arms of the Crusade rejoin together into a vast fleet and blockade the Den, and in a huge gesture of contempt refuse the Lion's bait by instead launching untold nuclear torpedos and other cataclysmic weapons of mass destruction into the field. The plan works and the sheer volumn of devastation flushes the Lions out, forcing them to risk a breakout or be annihilated. However the Imps fail to consider just how far the Lions will go to escape them, and instead of fighting to the last the Lions rush the Imperial blockade and dive into the Deeps, they lose most of their fleet in the process, but a handful of ships escape, and with them the total victory the Imperium desired.

Personally, I don't see them trying to get away with their Ark Mechanicus (although, personally, I'd rather it was not destroyed outright). That and Khroda may very end up being, as Conn put it, the sacrificial goat. This post may serve as a decent reference. :)

Seeing as it's the final, final battle of the EWC make it as dramatic as you'd like, using whoever you like. ^_^

Archived