Seeing as it's the final, final battle of the EWC make it as dramatic as you'd like, using whoever you like. :happy.:

Oh, right. :devil:

See, up to now I've avoided writing a proper, all-out battle where the Sereiki Lions play their full hand.

And as much as I like the summary SanguiniusReborn posted, I'm gonna need a ground battle of some kind so I can show both the traitors and the Imperial forces at their absolute best.

...Just how big is an Ark Mechanicus?

Is there feasibly room for tank battles and air support aboard one?

'Cause if there is, then I think the Imperium's gonna want to take their property back. :teehee:

• Is there feasibly room for tank battles and air support aboard one?...Just how big is an Ark Mechanicus?

'Cause if there is, then I think the Imperium's gonna want to take their property back. :teehee:

Judging by the Lords of Mars series, an Ark Mechanicus is big enough to have Titans fight on it (and tanks of any stripe, of course). So they're REALLY bloody big. Knock yourself out, brother. ^_^

Is there feasibly room for tank battles and air support aboard one?...Just how big is an Ark Mechanicus?

'Cause if there is, then I think the Imperium's gonna want to take their property back. :teehee:

Judging by the Lords of Mars series, an Ark Mechanicus is big enough to have Titans fight on it (and tanks of any stripe, of course). So they're REALLY bloody big. Knock yourself out, brother. ^_^

http://38.media.tumblr.com/ecc0cf7479b992aabff0788f96ad6f78/tumblr_inline_o4i75tOLnl1r5ight_500.gif

WHAT.

Well... air support may be limited if that makes any difference. Fast moving flyers would be sorta silly but things that hover or skim might work just fine. 

Well... air support may be limited if that makes any difference. Fast moving flyers would be sorta silly but things that hover or skim might work just fine. 

So land speeders okay, perhaps even storm talons, but probably no dogfights... inside the Ark :tongue.:

Well... air support may be limited if that makes any difference. Fast moving flyers would be sorta silly but things that hover or skim might work just fine.

So land speeders okay, perhaps even storm talons, but probably no dogfights... inside the Ark :P

Anything that can Hover basically.

A little heads up for the group - I've asked Lord Thorn to have a crack at doing the Chapter symbols for the Liber Cluster (and I've PM'd Wade regarding certain 'precursor' Chapters). None of this is final, but I'd like to think it's a step in the right direction. Any corrections or suggestions will be expected, brothers.  

I'll leave it to Lord Thorn to showcase the products so far. :)

What are the symbols remaining? I know each of the ones we recently have artwork for, plus the Blades of the Lion, Doomsayers and Iron Ravagers. The All-Seers have the Eye of Providence. Looks like you are reaching out to Wade on the Kindred.

That leaves, I believe: Black Judges, Aetheric Swords, Eagles of Glory, and Black Falcons.

I can kinda see the Eagles of Glory wearing the American Eagle Outfitters symbol. :lol:

For the ones we have so far, Lord Thorn has updated them. The others, he has used his initiative (as requested) and will show us his fruits soon. Like I've said - they're not final.

Also of note: The Chapters I've PM'd Wade about are the three that amalgamated into the Kindred (namely the Hell Tigers, Knives of Guilliman and the Chevaliers). I took the opportunity to request the Raven Brotherhood and the Untaken, too.

Hi there, as Olis said I've been working on the Liber Cluster symbols with Inkscape. Since these aren't my chapters, they are obviously up for discussion. Here's a link to the GDrive folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B48TzXvF2PU9cVA4S0NhVUtzWE0

I've improvised for a lot of them, and I don't know the correct colours to apply in other cases, so I won't get hurt feelings if you want everything changed.

However, I didn't find the chosen symbol for the Heralds of Letum, and I haven't an inkling of what to do for it otherwise

EDIT: link fixed

They do look nice though. :p Heralds of Letum have an upside down torch, which I selected because it's one of the symbols for Thanatos, whose Roman counterpart sometimes goes by the name of Letum. The image isn't too far back in pages, I'll take a look.

Hidden Content
    http://i.imgur.com/HW90ew1.jpg

Hi there, as Olis said I've been working on the Liber Cluster symbols with Inkscape. Since these aren't my chapters, they are obviously up for discussion. Here's a link to the GDrive folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B48TzXvF2PU9eW93Z3BsSmwtcVk

Psst, wrong link. :ph34r.:

Bah, and here I'd thought I'd double-checked X)

Fixed in the original post, and here again : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B48TzXvF2PU9cVA4S0NhVUtzWE0

They do look nice though. :tongue.: Heralds of Letum have an upside down torch, which I selected because it's one of the symbols for Thanatos, whose Roman counterpart sometimes goes by the name of Letum. The image isn't too far back in pages, I'll take a look.

Hidden Content
    http://i.imgur.com/HW90ew1.jpg

Cheers, I do remember having seen it now, though I admit I thought it  was a chess pawn X)

What colours should I use? the kind of pastel turquoise of the trim, or should I use some other colour options (like purple aetheric fire, etc. ?)

Is there feasibly room for tank battles and air support aboard one?...Just how big is an Ark Mechanicus?

Judging by the Lords of Mars series, an Ark Mechanicus is big enough to have Titans fight on it (and tanks of any stripe, of course). So they're REALLY bloody big. Knock yourself out, brother. :happy.:

http://38.media.tumblr.com/ecc0cf7479b992aabff0788f96ad6f78/tumblr_inline_o4i75tOLnl1r5ight_500.gif

WHAT.

There's room for Titans? :blink.:

That is... significantly bigger than I expected.

I've got no plans to include titans, but I am going to have to make this whole battle a lot bigger than I thought.

This might take some time to write. :laugh.:

Titan boarding parties.

http://static5.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_medium/1188/11888561/2992685-9008918490-7bHel.gif

Equipped with titan sized boarding shields and shotguns...

:ohmy.: Throne, what have we wrought ?

Ark's shields flicker and momentarily fail. Transport ship lances in, unleashing formidable firepower directly forward until impacts directly into the fiery wound. Within an internal cavernous gun-hold echoes deafeningly with shrieking metal and falling debris, drowning out the cries of panic, horror and pain from thousands of mortal souls as the small ship's flattened prow bursts through. Gargantuan iron doors dozens of meters tall grind laboriously open. From its depths, the blare of a war-horn pierces the recycled ship air.

Hi there, as Olis said I've been working on the Liber Cluster symbols with Inkscape. Since these aren't my chapters, they are obviously up for discussion. Here's a link to the GDrive folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B48TzXvF2PU9cVA4S0NhVUtzWE0

Nice work Thorn, I really like most of them, the only exceptions being the Blackjaws' and Eagle symbols. The Eagles' star I think would simply look better without the white rondel behind it, whereas for the Kindred symbol I dislike the crocodile symbol used, the idea I'm cool with, but that paticular one doesn't look right for a Chapter symbol to me.

Also, if you were to go with a different angle for the Kindred symbol I always thought a simple-but-effective idea would be to use a black version of the Flesh Eaters logo:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/6/6c/Flesh_Eaters_Livery.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160228234857

Nice work Thorn, I really like most of them, the only exceptions being the Blackjaws' and Eagle symbols. The Eagles' star I think would simply look better without the white rondel behind it, whereas for the Kindred symbol I dislike the crocodile symbol used, the idea I'm cool with, but that paticular one doesn't look right for a Chapter symbol to me.

Also, if you were to go with a different angle for the Kindred symbol I always thought a simple-but-effective idea would be to use a black version of the Flesh Eaters logo:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/6/6c/Flesh_Eaters_Livery.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160228234857

I agree that the Crocodile isn't great, but finding a crocodile whose body makes a circle is harder then I thought ^^ The flesh eaters' "tactical jaws" could work well too, what do the others think ?

The star without the Rondel? Hummm, do you still think it should be blue? Because Blue on Red isn't great for contrast.

Ark's shields flicker and momentarily fail. Transport ship lances in, unleashing formidable firepower directly forward until impacts directly into the fiery wound. Within an internal cavernous gun-hold echoes deafeningly with shrieking metal and falling debris, drowning out the cries of panic, horror and pain from thousands of mortal souls as the small ship's flattened prow bursts through. Gargantuan iron doors dozens of meters tall grind laboriously open. From its depths, the blare of a war-horn pierces the recycled ship air.

Sorry Ace, but you're going to have to have Titans in the battle now.

Sorry Ace, but you're going to have to have Titans in the battle now.

Nope. :tongue.:

I did specifically say there wasn't going to be titans. :sweat:

They've played no main role in the EWC so far, and I don't feel like having the Deus Ex Machina of the Convenience Legion just walk into the fight and steal the spotlight. :laugh.:

EDIT:

For what it's worth, I currently plan to have 11 Liber Chapters directly involved in the battle; 12 if you count the Last Son of Calderon.

Nope. :tongue.:

I did specifically say there wasn't going to be titans. :sweat:

They've played no main role in the EWC so far, and I don't feel like having the Deus Ex Machina of the Convenience Legion just walk into the fight and steal the spotlight. :laugh.:

EDIT:

For what it's worth, I currently plan to have 11 Liber Chapters directly involved in the battle; 12 if you count the Last Son of Calderon.

Ah well, we'll just have to find somewhere else to put Conn's paragraph...

*Starts thinking of a colour scheme for Legio Convenio for Liber Cluster 2.0*

EDIT: Also, has anybody got any more comments / requirements for the chapter symbols? If we want to integrate them to thread 2.0 since the very start, they might as well look their best :)

Archived