Hey all,

I was curious about something, do we have any plans for a Liber Deathwatch? The Liber Cluster is fairly large and I'm sure a myriad of Xenos species exist that need to be eradicated and have their tech plundered for the Slaneslau to reverse engineer for Imperial needs.

I've got a sort-of Deathwatch equivalent in my story above.

I sort of shied away from using the term Deathwatch, to be honest, but that's basically what they are. :laugh.:

Maybe we should call them... Liberwatch?:ermm:

Hmm.

EDIT:

Left some words out.

From the first post, it looks like the watch fortress is in sub-sector Centralis an unnamed planet designated, CB2-2.

On a slightly different note, what do you think of having each of us contribute a member of the Liber Deathwatch? 

I've thought of medlling a Deathwatch team for my army and using them as a tactical squad with a bunch of IC's in it. I've been running ideas of what roles each Liber chapter would best suit according to their fluff, like a Conflagrator could be equipped with (heavy) flamers or (multi-) meltas, an Eagle with a Lascannon or missle launcher; also he'd be the squads tank driver, an Iron Ravager as the techmarine, All-Seer as the librarian, Scarlet Sentinel as the captain, Aetheric sword as an Assault marine armed with lightning claws, Black Falcons as tactical marine, the Kindred would probably be an apothecary since they themselves are already composed of descendent of multiple chapters and are experienced with handling various geneseed, a blackshield (former Angel Exultant) tactical, Doomsayers as THSS TDA, and a Sons of Calderon dreadnought to bring up the rear.

I'd have to house rule the crap out of the squad to acurrately portray them on the tabletop but I really like the idea.

I've thought of medlling a Deathwatch team for my army and using them as a tactical squad with a bunch of IC's in it. I've been running ideas of what roles each Liber chapter would best suit according to their fluff, like a Conflagrator could be equipped with (heavy) flamers or (multi-) meltas, an Eagle with a Lascannon or missle launcher; also he'd be the squads tank driver, an Iron Ravager as the techmarine, All-Seer as the librarian, Scarlet Sentinel as the captain, Aetheric sword as an Assault marine armed with lightning claws, Black Falcons as tactical marine, the Kindred would probably be an apothecary since they themselves are already composed of descendent of multiple chapters and are experienced with handling various geneseed, a blackshield (former Angel Exultant) tactical, Doomsayers as THSS TDA, and a Sons of Calderon dreadnought to bring up the rear.

I'd have to house rule the crap out of the squad to acurrately portray them on the tabletop but I really like the idea.

Veteran Brother Domr at your service

As Captain Fryg transported back on board the Voidfarer's Doom, he was greeted by his friend and Apothecary in chief Eir.

"We lost brothers in that stunt, 25 in total, mainly from Black jaw kindred ships. They won't be easily appeased."

"It was a sacrifice we had to make my friend" sighed the Captain "we must not appear weak in front of anyone. We must reclaim, rebuild, and renew bonds of brotherhood. It is apparent the Doomsayers have had no presence in the cluster for sometime."

"These things shall be so, my captain, but before I leave, what of our guest?" Said Eir.

"Open a line to the Kindred, he speaks like them, but does not wear their colours. That should smooth a few creases."

Codicer ADAR-MALIK at your service, he likes to burn things.

Witchfyre will consume the filthy xenos my brother, this I swear. I'll begin writing up some stuff for the Ordo Xenos' presence in the Cluster, if no one is opposed to it ofcourse.

Brother-Devotee Clasticus is not happy about working with a psyker (even if he does immolate things in an impressive manner), but he is willing to operate on the same team provided he stays as far away as reasonably possible. Clasticus will be watching very closely for signs of taint, when he isn't on point (which'll be often mark you me). :happy.:

Something new to add to the mix, enjoy :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Employer

Tarvic paced around the entrance of the drop ship, nervous on what was going to happen. Everything had been running –so- smooth. He’d stuck with the Lions and brought the pain to those who stood before him. Everyone had been afraid and that made him untouchable. Untouchable. Then those bloody Space Marines came running in, saving the day and taking the Lions apart piece by damn piece. Of course he had to run, that is the game now; survival is the key.

It was lucky they had managed to get back on the ships and get off. Yeah of course they lost some men, its war. We can only run for so long though Tarvic, and this may be our lucky chance. Just when he thought they were strewed, trapped with planetary lasers ready to fire and the Imperial Navy bearing on their necks, they were given a chance for an offer. Tarvic had readily agreed and was on his way down to the surface to talk. Five of his best men were with him, just in case. You can never be too careful.

A gentle clump and the soft sound of hissing showed they had come to the hanger; Tarvic nodded at his men and they exited the drop ship, scanning around to see their surroundings. It seemed like a regular hanger and a woman stood in front, arms folded behind her back in a very commanding posture. Two others stood behind her, each wearing power armour and clutching bolters in their hands. Sisters of Battle? Who in the warp are these guys?

“Ah so you chose the sensible option, you aren’t just muscle with guns attached,” began the leading woman, walking slightly up towards Tarvic, “Well…cowards do have brains too so tell me, are you a coward?”

Tarvic gritted his teeth, keeping his hands off his pistols, “I didn’t come here for insults, if you’re just gonna blow my men out of orbit just do it.”

The woman tutted, waving a gloved finger in front like a disappointed teacher, “Now now, you wouldn’t want to rush a servant of the Emperor, especially an Inquisitor now would you?” Tarvic and his men clenched their fists in anger, “You are right however, if I wanted to insult you as you died I could of just hailed you. Dead people aren’t useful though.”

She paused for a moment, letting it sink in for a moment, “You are currently hunted men, men with skills that could be put to better use than running. I have an offer for your men.”

Tarvic folded his arms, looking at the two Sisters of Battle, “Are they the no option?”

The inquisitor snickered, giving a click of her fingers. When at first there was only two Sisters of Battle, eight joined them to surround the group, two armed with flamers. “What gave you the impression? I’ll let you live, your names will be cleared. In return however…” Another pause, “You’ll work for me. You’ll do what I ask of you else I’ll hand you over to my friends over here.”

“Are we clear?”

As the teleportation locus that brought the All-Seers back to their ships faded, the Blackjaw representative lumbered to the center of the symposium, removing the helm of his Terminator armor in shaking hands.

Tears-actual tears-stained the face of the Astartes as he regarded the assembled worthies.

"I beg de Grandfather for us to sen a repsenative to dis Conclave. I remine him you-all our brudders. I say we got to forgive an forget, can't be sulking over what been done. An dis lougarou spawn, dey kill our Cap-tahn, kill my brudders, an you hug dem up to yo bossom an you say "Dat's air boys."

When y'all first come hair, we so happy, pleased as punch to know da 'Perium still standing, Fadder Gillman's sons still protectan it.

And what you do? You hug up on snakes like dat fella dair." He pointed at the Saneslau representative. "Da ones we befren de most, dat's who shoot us in de back. Now dis. Well, fool me once, de shame on you, fool me twice, de shame on me. Maybe dere's a Crusade, maybe dere ain't, but I gay-ron-tee y'all won't see it."

Systems within his armor began to glow and spark, and the Saneslau priest sprang out of his seat, lunging for the Kin while vox-blurting wildly...

The explosion within the Grand Temple of Cardinalis was a tiny thing compared to the size of the enormous structure. It certainly wasn't noticeable from the Fleur de Sangre as the battered Kin Strike Cruiser engaged its Warp drives to flee the system.

Which just went to show that something need not be visible from orbit to alter the destiny of billions of souls.

So for current members I have:
Codicier Adar-Malik of the All-Seers
Veteran-Brother Domr of the Doomsayers
Brother-Devotee Clasticus of the Conflagrators

Brother-Captain Dorian Pentecost of the Scarlet Sentinels
and Siege-Brother Eisenhower of the Eagles.

For my planned kill team I still need marines from:

Iron Ravager
Aetheric Sword
Black Falcons
Blackjaw Kindred
Angels Exultant (Black Shield)
Sons of Calderon (Black Shield Dreadnought)

It will be quite the dynamic between all the members. I think the Aetheric Sword will quickly realise the true origin of the Black Shield, the songs of his chapter soothing the battle rage of the Black Shield. The Eagle will probably get on the nerves of the Scarlet Sentinel captain frequently with his tendency to use less subtle means in all circumstances. Tensions between the Doomsayers and the Kindred have come to light recently, so there may be a conflict between the Kindred brother and the Doomsayer with his Conflagrator ally. The possibilites are simply exciting!

Do you perhaps mean a Lord Inviolate dreadnought instead of a Son of Calderon?

Possibly, which chapter was destroyed by the Lions? I had in mind he would be like the Lamenter dreadnought in the Deathwatch short stories, he would be the last of his brothers. He would boldly take any action. He has nothing more to lose, his brothers and his heritage had been destroyed long ago.

So who was in the room when it went boom?

Some mortal representatives and delegations from each of the Liber Chapters that still remain in the 37th millennium (assuming this little story is set around then). There is definitely Conflagrators and the Saneslau Mechanicus. I'd wager this Conclave (something a little like Gathalamor rather than the usual Liber Conclaves), would require attendance of the Inquisition, the Navigator Houses, the Guard, the Adeptus Terra and various other institutions that I can't be bothered to remember right now. Captain Fryg and his strike team has left, though.

Brother-Devotee Initatus of the Conflagrators

His name has changed to Clasticus, brother.

Scarlet Sentinels

Iron Ravager

Aetheric Sword

Black Falcons

Blackjaw Kindred

Angels Exultant (black shield)

Sons of Calderon

It will be quite the dynamic between all the members. I think the Aetheric Sword will quickly realise the true origin of the Black Shield, the songs of his chapter soothing the battle rage of the Black Shield. The Eagle will probably get on the nerves of the Scarlet Sentinel captain frequently with his tendency to use less subtle means in all circumstances. Tensions between the Doomsayers and the Kindred have come to light recently, so there may be a conflict between the Kindred brother and the Doomsayer with his Conflagrator ally. The possibilites are simply exciting!

*sigh* Oh go on then, Brother-Captain Dorian Pentecost will honour the Apocryphan Oath and heed the call of the Deathwatch.

He does however accept no responsibility if Siege-Brother Eisenhower should somehow suffer an unfortunate mishap whilst, say, scouting a safe route through a minefield or, perhaps checking for genestealers in the trash compactor...

Scarlet Sentinels

Iron Ravager

Aetheric Sword

Black Falcons

Blackjaw Kindred

Angels Exultant (black shield)

Sons of Calderon

*sigh* Oh go on then, Brother-Captain Dorian Pentecost will honour the Apocryphan Oath and heed the call of the Deathwatch.

He does however accept no responsibility if Siege-Brother Eisenhower should somehow suffer an unfortunate mishap whilst, say, scouting a safe route through a minefield or, perhaps checking for genestealers in the trash compactor...

"Eisenhower, go and check for xenos in that room with all the debris on the floor, we don't need to be ambushed again" "It shall be done, Redcoat. Suffer not the xenos to live".

"Why must he insist on calling me Redcoat? Damned fool".

Wait, wait, wait, wait.

What just happened to the Blackjaw Kindred? :blink.:

Also, when exactly is all this crazy stuff with the Doomsayers' return going off - is this before, after or during the Black Legion's arrival in the Liber Cluster?

'Cause if it's during the Black Legion's rampage, then the Liber Conclave is going to be really, really busy shortly.:tongue.:

Arctic Paladin:

I figure I'll let someone else come up with the Aetheric Sword for your kill team, if that's ok.

There's only so many brash-yet-heroic characters I can write before they all blur into one!.:laugh.:

Okay, I saw Initatus at the tail end and thought you changed it to that, I think I'm going to slap a Deathwatch shoulder pad an a Legion of the Damned model to represent him, thoughts?

I do believe there is a particular one that has only flames on it and no bone paraphernalia, so if that one is available that'd be grand. Not that this is essential. ;)

Archived