I don't know what his name will be as of yet, Ace. But he may be the sole unhelmeted brother, I want to give him a SW head with a mighty beard. He'll even have warpaint and a massive twohanded sword. He'll be codenamed "Bard" by Eisenhower for obvious reasons.

Okay, I saw Initatus at the tail end and thought you changed it to that, I think I'm going to slap a Deathwatch shoulder pad an a Legion of the Damned model to represent him, thoughts?

I do believe there is a particular one that has only flames on it and no bone paraphernalia, so if that one is available that'd be grand. Not that this is essential. ;)

That's what I had in mind, brother. I'll shave off the bones if I have to!

Wait, wait, wait, wait.

What just happened to the Blackjaw Kindred? :blink.:

I don't always abruptly turn my Chapter renegade because another Chapter teleported onto one of their ships and shot the Captain.

But when I do, I suicide bomb represenatives of every important Imperial faction to get the point across.

:)

Wait, wait, wait, wait.

I don't always abruptly turn my Chapter renegade because anothet Chapter teleported onto one of their ships and shot the Captain.

But when I do, I suicide bomb represenatives of every important Imperial faction.

:smile.:

Wait, so you're turning the Kindred renegade? Awww man, say it ain't so! They're one of my favourite Liber Chapters. :cry:

*sigh* If that's the case, us Liber Chapters don't seem to be doing a very good job of the whole "reclaim the Cluster" thing. We're losing Chapters left and right... :sad.:

Wait, wait, wait, wait.

I don't always abruptly turn my Chapter renegade because anothet Chapter teleported onto one of their ships and shot the Captain.

But when I do, I suicide bomb represenatives of every important Imperial faction.

Wait, so you're turning the Kindred renegade? Awww man, say it ain't so! They're one of my favourite Liber Chapters. :cry:

*sigh* If that's the case, us Liber Chapters don't seem to be doing a very good job of the whole "reclaim the Cluster" thing. We're losing Chapters left and right... :sad.:

The Emperor is weeding out the weak of faith and the weak of strength. The chapters that remain shall not be found wanting in either aspect, keep strong Brother! The Emperor protects!

Wait wait wait, I just thought of something, it's the Sons of Calderon who come to put a stop to the Conflagrators' rip-roaring roadtrip of righteous purging, right? But how can that be if the Sons disappeared in the Eighteen Worlds Crusade? And if this came before the EWC then how could the Blackjaw Kindred have rogue and still fought alongside the Conflagrators during the crusade?

Did I miss something or is this an actual issue? :blink.:

Good evening, my lords. I am Watch Captain Dorian Pentecost of the Emperor's Deathwatch, chamber militant of the holy Ordo Xenos, seconded from the honourable Scarlet Sentinels. I bring you news of the establishment of a watch fortress on Acripa on the outskirts of the Mundus Novus system in the Englica sub-sector. We have established a watch fortress on Acripa as a staging ground for our efforts into the xenos tainted system of Garandor. There exist a large Ork presence, aswell as a myriad of other known and unknown xenos species in Garandor.

It has come to my attention that a large force of Orks has been sighted heading towards the world of Libertas, the homeworld of the Eagles of Glory chapter, from Garandor. As our inaugural mission, my inquisitorial master -whom wishes to be referred to as "Foxhound"- has assigned my team and I to infiltrate the Ork capital ship and terminate the Warboss onboard.

We have notified the Eagles of Glory chapter of the Ork incursion so they may have a fighting chance at holding off the Orks if my team experiences mission failure. As such, they have notified all crusading companies to withdraw to Libertas and prepare for the defense of the world.

It has been my utmost pleasure meeting with you, my lords. May you walk with the Emperor as your guide. Viva Imperium et non suffera xenos vivire.

+++++++++++++++

And so it begins! What are you're thoughts on this introduction, my brothers? With this I shall get cracking on the mission that Watch Captain Pentecost's team is to embark on and the minis to represent the team should follow (hopefully!) within the next week or so.

Ave Imperator!

Wait, wait, wait, wait.

What just happened to the Blackjaw Kindred? :blink:

I don't always abruptly turn my Chapter renegade because another Chapter teleported onto one of their ships and shot the Captain.

But when I do, I suicide bomb represenatives of every important Imperial faction to get the point across.

:)

The Doomsayers didn't mean to shoot your captain, there was a breakdown in communication :p I dont know if you missed my snipet but 25 odd marines got mullered, mainly by Blackjaw kindred.

But back to the point, I love how you ran with it. Grimdark a la carte

Wait, wait, wait, wait.

The Emperor is weeding out the weak of faith and the weak of strength. The chapters that remain shall not be found wanting in either aspect, keep strong Brother! The Emperor protects!

Well, darn. :blink.:

Can't say I saw that coming.

It's got to suck to be the Lords Inviolate in some respects, given that they're basically meant to shepherd us all along and make everyone play nice.

Instead, things just go from bad to worse with each event.:laugh.:

As for 'weeding out the weak', as a Blackjaw Kindred fan I'm just going to assume right now that's the Eagles of Glory's official stance on what just happened.

Also, to echo my earlier question to the Liber at large; when exactly is all this going down?

My head's hurting from trying to keep track of too much all at once.:pinch:

Wait, wait, wait, wait.

I suspect that you might be considered 'most wanted' by the Liber Cluster at large, if you managed to kill any of the delegates (let's face it, you probably did). Which means, regardless of the shenanigans in the meantime, one of two things can happen - either you'll remain renegade (or even possibly turn) or you'll be brought to 'justice' (according to the authorities in charge of the manhunt, I presume).

If we go down the route of the latter, I would love to see the Black Judges come to the fore and be prominent for this. Also of note would be a penitent crusade. An interesting addition to the story of the Chapter I think. These are just suggestions, so take 'em or leave 'em as you like. 

*Snip*

*Snip*

You have no idea how much you sound like a Conflagrator right now. :P

Wait wait wait, I just thought of something, it's the Sons of Calderon who come to put a stop to the Conflagrators' rip-roaring roadtrip of righteous purging, right? But how can that be if the Sons disappeared in the Eighteen Worlds Crusade? And if this came before the EWC then how could the Blackjaw Kindred have rogue and still fought alongside the Conflagrators during the crusade?

Did I miss something or is this an actual issue? :blink.:

I think the Sons of Calderon vs the Conflagrators (plus the Eagles when I get around to polishing off part two) is an event that happens during the EWC, or that was my assumption. Again, if this seems wrong or out of place, I'd like thoughts from the rest of you on this. 

As for the Blackjaw Kindred, this hoohah is tentatively set centuries after the EWC, in the 37th millennium. If a solid date is wanted, I can always pluck one from the aether. :)

Speaking of the EWC, we really need to come back to that and finish it off. We've become sidetracked with the Age of Apostasy and meandered further along than we should have. I would prefer it if we closed the book on the EWC before making any more new events.

Agreed on the last bit. I've been kind of letting this thing steer itself for a bit so I could focus on what I was writing. Tomorrow I'll grab the whole thread again and play catch-up, with the intent of seeing what is left.

The EWC needs finishing, but I would also like to see the Chapters, as they have been well expanded on by now, to get their articles fleshed out and finished.

If there is anyone who hasn't finished their task in the EWC, please make it the next priority. If you would like help, please ask and it will be provided.

I think the Sons of Calderon vs the Conflagrators (plus the Eagles when I get around to polishing off part two) is an event that happens during the EWC, or that was my assumption. Again, if this seems wrong or out of place, I'd like thoughts from the rest of you on this. 

As for the Blackjaw Kindred, this hoohah is tentatively set centuries after the EWC, in the 37th millennium. If a solid date is wanted, I can always pluck one from the aether. :smile.:

Can I be a real jerk and ask for a possible narrowing down of when about in M37 this is? :sweat:

The Black Legion's attack on Grennarch is currently taking place at 229.M37.

I'm trying to work out which Chapters should be around for the epilogue, since I plan on a small piece involving a few Chapters meeting at the Liber Conclave. :turned:

EDIT:

If there's any more Lion-held worlds that need dealing with in the EWC, let me know.

I'd quite like to write a battle where the Aetheric Swords don't take horrific losses, even if just the once.:laugh.:

Can I be a real jerk and ask for a possible narrowing down of when about in M37 this is? :sweat:

I'm trying to work out which Chapters should be around for the epilogue, since I plan on a small piece involving a few Chapters meeting at the Liber Conclave. :turned:

Alright, after semi-randomising a decision with several coin flips, I've come up with 204.M37. Any objections?

EDIT:

If there's any more Lion-held worlds that need dealing with in the EWC, let me know.

I'd quite like to write a battle where the Aetheric Swords don't take horrific losses, even if just the once.:laugh.:

I'm pretty sure there are still several worlds as of yet unmolested by the Crusade forces.

As for the Blackjaw Kindred, this hoohah is tentatively set centuries after the EWC, in the 37th millennium. If a solid date is wanted, I can always pluck one from the aether. :smile.:

Can I be a real jerk and ask for a possible narrowing down of when about in M37 this is? :sweat:

I'm trying to work out which Chapters should be around for the epilogue, since I plan on a small piece involving a few Chapters meeting at the Liber Conclave. :turned:

EDIT:

If there's any more Lion-held worlds that need dealing with in the EWC, let me know.

I'd quite like to write a battle where the Aetheric Swords don't take horrific losses, even if just the once.:laugh.:

The Eagles will proudly stand at you side if you require their aid, Brother. Besides, can't pass up an chance at further improving the image of our glory ;)

Can I be a real jerk and ask for a possible narrowing down of when about in M37 this is?

I'm trying to work out which Chapters should be around for the epilogue, since I plan on a small piece involving a few Chapters meeting at the Liber Conclave.

Alright, after semi-randomising a decision with several coin flips, I've come up with 204.M37. Any objections?

Perfect. :devil:

That means there's likely a squad of Aetheric Swords at the Conclave.

Let's just say they're not exactly going to subscribe to the 'The Emperor is pruning the weak' viewpoint.

No sir, not one bit.

I'll present their point of view once I've got a few more details sorted out.

As for the Blackjaw Kindred, this hoohah is tentatively set centuries after the EWC, in the 37th millennium. If a solid date is wanted, I can always pluck one from the aether.

Can I be a real jerk and ask for a possible narrowing down of when about in M37 this is?

I'm trying to work out which Chapters should be around for the epilogue, since I plan on a small piece involving a few Chapters meeting at the Liber Conclave.

EDIT:

If there's any more Lion-held worlds that need dealing with in the EWC, let me know.

I'd quite like to write a battle where the Aetheric Swords don't take horrific losses, even if just the once.

The Eagles will proudly stand at you side if you require their aid, Brother. Besides, can't pass up an chance at further improving the image of our glory :wink:

That could be interesting, given that down the road the two Chapters are going to have one heck of an ideological clash.:laugh.:

Consider your offer accepted!

I'll hash out some details for the battle later, time willing. :happy.:

Forgive the double post, but I've been thinking over some details for the battle featuring the Aetheric Swords and the Eagles of Glory.

I haven't picked a world for this to take place on, and it's really only a possible outline, but, here's what I'm picturing for the flow of the battle.

* Imperial Guard stalled by Sereiki Lions and their mortal allies putting up a superb defence strategy - lots of tricks, traps and artillery barrages.

* Loyalists start losing men fast when a fresh batch of the Lions' forces arrive from off-world and essentially pen the Imperial forces between two horrifyingly effective killing fields.

* With the potential to lose seven good regiments of men and machines to the Lions, the call for help is sent out by the guard, and answered by the Aetheric Swords, who still sore over their previous loss to the Lions.

* The Swords get the drop on the Lions' reinforcements, turning their lovely entrenched killing ground into an ambush site.

* The rest of the Lions, on the other side of the battered and demoralised Guardsmen, start a colossal artillery strike, doing some damage to the Swords, who regroup for another attack.

*The Eagles of Glory drop in, rally the surviving loyalist Guard, and crash into the Lions' forces in a decisive charge while they're frantically trying to bury the Aetheric Swords with firepower.

* The Swords, in turn, arrive in time for the final stage of the battle, where the Imperial forces sweep up.

* After-battle Captain-to-Captain banter, oaths of brotherhood, exchange of arms etc etc.

Sound good, or am I off-target?

Wait, wait, wait, wait.

I suspect that you might be considered 'most wanted' by the Liber Cluster at large, if you managed to kill any of the delegates (let's face it, you probably did). Which means, regardless of the shenanigans in the meantime, one of two things can happen - either you'll remain renegade (or even possibly turn) or you'll be brought to 'justice' (according to the authorities in charge of the manhunt, I presume).

If we go down the route of the latter, I would love to see the Black Judges come to the fore and be prominent for this. Also of note would be a penitent crusade. An interesting addition to the story of the Chapter I think. These are just suggestions, so take 'em or leave 'em as you like. 

Well if the Judges want to have at the Kindred they'll have to reckon with us, the Lord Marshall has seen the injustices inflicted upon the Blackjaw by the Conflagrators and considers the Kin well within their rights to be enraged. If we can reason with them and peacefully return them to the fold then we shall, and those who wronged them so hideously will answer for it.

The Lord Marshall remembers well how enthusiastically the sons of Cardinalis supported Vandire before they realised their error, if they think they can make the rest of the Cluster forget this by savaging their overly-trusting cousins, then they are sorely mistaken. :verymad:

Can I be a real jerk and ask for a possible narrowing down of when about in M37 this is? :sweat:

I'm trying to work out which Chapters should be around for the epilogue, since I plan on a small piece involving a few Chapters meeting at the Liber Conclave. :turned:

EDIT:

I'd quite like to write a battle where the Aetheric Swords don't take horrific losses, even if just the once.:laugh.:

The Eagles will proudly stand at you side if you require their aid, Brother. Besides, can't pass up an chance at further improving the image of our glory :wink:

As loathe as we are to fight alongside the Eagles again, the Scarlet Sentinels shall not abandon their Grennarchian cousins in their hour of need, nor pass up the chance to crush the traitorous whoresons of the Despoiler! Scarlet Sentinels, second to none!

Well if the Judges want to have at the Kindred they'll have to reckon with us, the Lord Marshall has seen the injustices inflicted upon the Blackjaw by the Conflagrators and considers the Kin well within their rights to be enraged. If we can reason with them and peacefully return them to the fold then we shall, and those who wronged them so hideously will answer for it.

The Lord Marshall remembers well how enthusiastically the sons of Cardinalis supported Vandire before they realised their error, if they think they can make the rest of the Cluster forget this by savaging their overly-trusting cousins, then they are sorely mistaken. :verymad:

Begone, Redcoat. A Sentinel would do well to not get involved in a dispute that isn't his. The Conflagrators are ever righteous, and shall fight in His name until the stars themselves grow cold. We bow to no deceiver and shall pluck out the eyes of those who saw fit to mislead us. There they will hang, blinded and burned, from the stakes raised by the orange-clad.

And we savaged no-one - the grudge they bear is with the Doomed. But already they have drawn blood-for-blood. To others the matter could already be settled. Do they seek to reopen old wounds? To pursue dusty grievances? Then so be it. Spit at a Conflagrator and you shall get a bolter round in return. :furious:

I don't see the Lords Inviolate being willing to pursue peaceable solutions with the Kindred after this incident. I honestly saw the Lords as being wary of their strange ways and peculiar origins. The Lords will put pressure on the Cluster to label the Kindred excommunicate traitoris. And they will endeavor to get the other Liberites to gang up on the Kindred.

So, the way I see it as of now, the Kindred are going down (and the real me is going "awww maaaan" at this), and hard. They do have the ability to survive. They can go renegade, and inevitably fall to Chaos, or make a last stand.

If the Scarlet Sentinels decide to back them on this, then they are going to be hit hard too. They don't need to fall alongside the Kindred, but I do see a Penitence Crusade in their future (hey, go clear out the Deep for us. Come back in a century, if there are any of you left).

The same holds true for any other Chapter that so chooses to stand next to the Kindred. And that is good. Chapters put a lot of weight on bonds of brotherhood, and sworn oaths bind them more strongly than anything else. Any war against the Kindred will be affected by this. From Chapters that are willing to ally against the Liberites, to Liberites that allow their actions to be influenced, such as allowing for a retreat to pulling their blows or even refusing to be involved.

Anyway, this is just my take on how this seems to be logically playing out. I don't really see it playing out any differently than essentially what we have seen of Badab.

Does anyone think differently?

Now, all that said, does anyone think that this project would benefit for more structure on what can be expanded upon? What I mean is, should we restrict ourselves to progressing the timeline in order, with the only exceptions to this self-limitation being general, broad strokes of lore such as expansions on planets, sub-sectors, the Chapters and the like?

If so, then we will focus first on finishing off the Reclamation, from the EWC to the Vandire conflicts. Everything after that can be out on hold for now, to be finished when we get to it on the timeline.

Archived