Thanks slip. I see it with the helmet but not so much in the scales I think I should maybe thin down the wash more. I think the wash I used lightened it up and made it look more grey?

@recon: it's primed black drybrushed silver then my normal alpha recipe

Edited by betrayer41

Because of his open pose, its more apparent towards the Power Dagger and his Shoulder joint on the torso but I  otherwise agree. The Left Shoulder, around the Emblem might also be another location to look at.

Otherwise, apart from those few points, I think it looks pretty good.

How about layering in Thinned Black Washes that start from the base/recesses and, as you layer your Alpha Scheme up, you bring it up slowly? Does that make sense? How bout a mix of a Dark Blue wash and Black as you layer them in?

I tried something similar a while back:

But the effect you're going for might be different than what I achieved. I think you want it to be a black with the Metallic blue poking out at points?

Edited by Slipstreams

How about sponge-applying your alpha legion scheme? Kinda like Chipping it in over a Standard Black Scheme?

Might be hard to do though!

Edited by Slipstreams

That's essentially what I did buy dry brushed the silver then added the alpha colors on top of it. Trial and error. I think I'm on the right track. Like you said I really like the colors, just a few foggy areas like

The shoulder pad and beak. I think if I do a cleaner and thinned down wash it will help a lot.

How about the Reverse? How about Drybrushing Black over a Pristine Alpha Legion Model? It could be an avenue to explore!

But you're definitely on the right track!

Ok So........ as it stands now for my FW order i haveeeee

1x LR Achilles Alpha

1x Dynat

1x AL decal sheet

2x New Volkites

1x AL rhino Doors for the Achilles

This all comes out to about 185....i need to reach 250 for free shipping so i am asking my fellow B&C brethren to help me spend my monies. I Could give two S*&%s about being competitive. What should i add that would be fun to build and paint as well as fluffy?!?!? 

Readyyy..... GO

Got any consuls you don't have? Buy some parts to make cool consuls?

I actually only have a saboteur and standard bearer guy.....But i typically use ebay for stuff like that

Leviathan Melta Lance?

A Spartan/Caestus/Kharybdis??

I quite like the idea of a knight.......

Should i get  spartan along with the achilles alpha?

Got any consuls you don't have? Buy some parts to make cool consuls?

I actually only have a saboteur and standard bearer guy.....But i typically use ebay for stuff like that

Leviathan Melta Lance?

A Spartan/Caestus/Kharybdis??

I quite like the idea of a knight.......

Should i get  spartan along with the achilles alpha?

Atrapos? Styrix? Sure, why not, they make for cool centerpieces!

If you want a Spartan, Might as well get one now especially since the tracks are now molded on to save you the headache!