Krom Dragongaze Rules

CatSmasher

Gotta agree about Krom not being worth it. But also agree though that the rules in this box set should be taken with a lot of salt. They remind me a lot of an introduction to the game box set. The units & rules in it seem watered down. I could be wrong but I hope not. It would seem to indicate though that our po9ints cost are going to change for various units.

As for the the model Krom itself, I think its a really good model. Lots of conversion & magnetizing potential. Easily be a good basis for a your own Ragnar model. Anyways, my 2 cents. Guess we'll just have to wait for the codex itself.

I think the Krom kit has great conversion potential in general. Great bits and in enough pieces to use on other models or swap out for other weapons. I've got the idea to remove the bolter hand and replace it with the pointy finger from the new sternguard kit, attach a storm shield to his wrist and take him to town. Looks like Runic Armor to me, so it will be. Now you have a sweet looking simply converted 2+3+ axe wielding killing machine!!

End of Line

I think the Krom kit has great conversion potential in general. Great bits and in enough pieces to use on other models or swap out for other weapons. I've got the idea to remove the bolter hand and replace it with the pointy finger from the new sternguard kit, attach a storm shield to his wrist and take him to town. Looks like Runic Armor to me, so it will be. Now you have a sweet looking simply converted 2+3+ axe wielding killing machine!!

End of Line

SS on the back or belt... idea stolen. Then you could play it wysiwyg either way... awesome.

Personally after seeing the rules and points costs from a friend with the box and I am sure some will shout heresy... I like what I am seeing the formation rules are fun and fit the fluff. Really looking forward to playing with him after I get the wolves built and painted

End of Line

SS on the back or belt... idea stolen. Then you could play it wysiwyg either way... awesome.

I did something similar with my bran redmaw conversion. Works well as doubling up as a wolf lord with axe and shield. Incidentally, I wouldn't be surprised if folks start converting Krom into Bran, he already has the axe and belt.

Its basically the same loadout as Bran.

Bolt pistol, Axe called Langnvast.

Big difference is hat he has rune armour, plus the special rules and different saga. But WYSISWG wise, pretty similar. Bran is also 210 points

Maybe just change the head to something a bit more feral and you'd be good to go

Yeah this guy is just a meat popsicle.  I don't leave home with a wolf lord that costs less than 200 points.  I love the model though.  He'll make a good 30k Praetor when I change his chestpiece and head out.

Its basically the same loadout as Bran.

Bolt pistol, Axe called Langnvast.

Big difference is hat he has rune armour, plus the special rules and different saga. But WYSISWG wise, pretty similar. Bran is also 210 points

Maybe just change the head to something a bit more feral and you'd be good to go

Might have just decided my use for the Krom model.

*headdesk* GW... RANDOMNESS IS THE OPPOSITE OF FORGE YOUR NARRATIVE!

While I agree with the sentiment, I think it's a sensible way to keep them in the current edition. 

Also, regarding the earlier Grey Hunter points cost comments, I make them 14pts each assuming upgrade costs to be the same as standard Tacs (not sure how 15 or 16 points was worked out).

I think for his points, Krom is just a really solid HQ. He isn't tooled out to the teeth, nor is he severely lacking (a combi or PP would be nice, but not necessary) in a certain area. His focus fire ability is really nice and I can see it doing decent within this edition.

As IQ commented on the meat shield, I also think he is a nice addition to a tooled up RP or TWL.

Still waiting on my box set... Want to make me some Krom!!

End of Line

I think for his points, Krom is just a really solid HQ. He isn't tooled out to the teeth, nor is he severely lacking (a combi or PP would be nice, but not necessary) in a certain area. His focus fire ability is really nice and I can see it doing decent within this edition.

As IQ commented on the meat shield, I also think he is a nice addition to a tooled up RP or TWL.

End of Line

How will you get him and his 3 squads in range of the same target though? They aren't allowed to take dedicated transports.

That's what i've been struggling with. I can get over how silly his lack of 2+ and a decent weapon are, but I really wanted his formation to work.

End of Line

How will you get him and his 3 squads in range of the same target though? They aren't allowed to take dedicated transports.

That's what i've been struggling with. I can get over how silly his lack of 2+ and a decent weapon are, but I really wanted his formation to work.

By using him outside the Stormclaw campaign...

End of Line

I'm sure everyone will be able to build a nice alternate-Krom when the actual codex hits. He's a great looking model with an axe, so you really can't go wrong there. Just make him a DIY Wolf Lord with Runic Armour, Belt of Russ, Saga (Warlord Trait) of your choosing (or random roll, if that's what it is), and an appropriate Relic of the Fang Frost Axe (I'm sure there will be one). He won't have the special rules, like Furious Charge and the special targetting rule, but who really cares?

V

Exactly, and I love the model so much I'm gong to carefully magnetize him so i can swap him out quick and easy.  Only downside is I don't have more of those awesome shoulderpads of his, but i'll make due :P

By using him outside the Stormclaw campaign...

End of Line

You can't alter a formation like that, unless the rules in the formation allow it.

Granted, I'm going by second hand information because GW shipping speed is slower than they told me it would be..but the formation does not allow modifications.

So, Krom's formation is not allowed DT.

Archived