Krom Dragongaze Rules

CatSmasher

I'm thinking i will head swap mine and switch out a shoulderpad to make him more mark 6 looking. Then he'll be a good redmaw model. I say mark 6 because that's how i do my redmaw's GC... Not because there's a canon reason to do so. But i am really happy there's a nice mostly mark 6 SW wolf lord model out there. He's pretty ideal for my needs.

i forget though... Is bran's axe 2 handed?

i just ordered all 3 variants of the scibor Celtic shields and their dwarf stam guard heads. Totally thinking one of those heads might end up on krom. Perhaps not enraged looking enough though ;)

do wolf lords have standardized shoulder pad content? Ie some kind of wolfy honours (let's call them termjnator honours ;)) on the left shoulder and something else on the right? Or is it extremely idiosyncratic. Yes, i kbiw wolves don't have ubiforns but the question stands ;)

The left pad will almost certainly have their Great Company's badge. The right shoulder could have anything really.

Thinking of using my Krom to kitbash a nice Harald Deathwolf, or a Wolf Lord on foot with Shield and hammer. :)

I'm thinking i will head swap mine and switch out a shoulderpad to make him more mark 6 looking. Then he'll be a good redmaw model. I say mark 6 because that's how i do my redmaw's GC... Not because there's a canon reason to do so. But i am really happy there's a nice mostly mark 6 SW wolf lord model out there. He's pretty ideal for my needs.

i forget though... Is bran's axe 2 handed?

i just ordered all 3 variants of the scibor Celtic shields and their dwarf stam guard heads. Totally thinking one of those heads might end up on krom. Perhaps not enraged looking enough though msn-wink.gif

do wolf lords have standardized shoulder pad content? Ie some kind of wolfy honours (let's call them termjnator honours msn-wink.gif) on the left shoulder and something else on the right? Or is it extremely idiosyncratic. Yes, i kbiw wolves don't have ubiforns but the question stands msn-wink.gif

The only images of the cancelled Bran Redmaw miniature had him holding his axe 2 handed, yeah. No idea on his rules specifically in regards to it though.

I ran Krom in a 1000 pt game I played with my cousin on Saturday against his Orks.  As predicted Krom died to the first Nob he had to challenge, but he was cheap enough that it wasn't that much of a loss.  The stars of that game where the Terminators, actually, I never run Wolf Guard in TDA but maybe I need to start, especially if they're cheaper in the new 'dex.  FYI I ran the Wolf Guard squad listed in the Stormclaw box, equipped and pointed as it states.

The rules make Krom himself not a great choice, but he's by far the best model for a Wolf Lord in PA that we've got.

so I created a socket/pin setup for Krom's right arm so i can swap weapons right at the rist, and i magnetized his other arm, worked perfectly, just need to drill out some other hands to swap in and out and magnetize a shield arm!

His Saga, however, forces him to Challenge and accept Challenges, so I don't think you'd be allowed to have another IC, or Arjak, or any other Character take it for him.

well... The store i preordered with took more preorders than they received stock (apparently they weren't informed in time by Gw) so i don't get a storm claw after all :(:(

what's better? Dark vengeance plus flash gitz, or a refund?

well... The store i preordered with took more preorders than they received stock (apparently they weren't informed in time by Gw) so i don't get a storm claw after all sad.png:(

what's better? Dark vengeance plus flash gitz, or a refund?

Yeoch that sucks man. That kind of thing is why I got mine from the local GW, my local store had 24 of them available on release day and I was able to pick one up no problem.

As for what to do well Dark Vengeance is a great deal for the models and Flash Gitz are nice, if your actually going to use the models from those kits. If not then a refund is probably the better option. If you need the rules though you could always get Dark Vengeance and then resell the individual models that you don't want/need.

But arjac also must take challenges... what then...

Krom and Arjac must enter a duel to a death, the winner may then challenge..oh who am I kidding, Arjac kills Krom in 1 hit, since Arjac was smart enough to bring good armor and weapons.

Seriously though, that is an interesting situation. Has no other codex run into this yet? My gut tells me owning player decides who challenges.

anyone notice that grukk's gitripper is pointless..... by pointless i mean why give it rending?? if it was the old rend where 6's to hit auto wound then i get it, but if he rolls a 6 to wound/pen anything he has already wounded/pened whatever he wanted to smash anyway.

GW's rework of rend was one of the worst mistakes they ever made.

anyone notice that grukk's gitripper is pointless..... by pointless i mean why give it rending?? if it was the old rend where 6's to hit auto wound then i get it, but if he rolls a 6 to wound/pen anything he has already wounded/pened whatever he wanted to smash anyway.

It's actually Shred, not rending.

It's actually Shred, not rending.

ah my mistake.... still not all that useful on a str 10 dude, but guess he's better then i thought he was

Archived