Help me choose next army (traitor)

You know, it isn't a binary choice between "Mutated man-monsters of Chaos" Gal Vorbak and "elite axe wielding Destroyers for the Imperial Truth" Ashen Circle.

"All sons of Lorgar are taught it is our duty to bring the torch of enlightenment to mankind. Some of us just take the 'torch' part a bit more literally."

I actually love the Iron Warriors contemptor, which is almost making me reconsider the decision I made only yesterday...that and heathens iron warriors...

Now stuck between Alpha Legion and Iron Warriors, or AL and Raven Guard. Or maybe AL and Imperial Fists... I dunno :/ so indecisive.

Maybe IW and RG...

Haha, it happens. S'why the resin addiction only grows from here.

S'pose you could try heroine instead, I hear that's a lot cheaper than FW ^_^

I think something like RG and IW would be good to do, as they contrast. Stealth and guerrilla vs siege and brutality. Loyal vs traitor. MkIV and VI vs MkII and III... Etc.

Guess you could say the same for AL and IF...

Haha, heroin may be cheaper, but I think FW will be better for me in the long run...

Haha, it happens. S'why the resin addiction only grows from here.

S'pose you could try heroine instead, I hear that's a lot cheaper than FW ^_^

But the side effects are so much more debilitating.

So I think I'm cool with this thread being a general use for those choosing next army (traitor) as it seems to be helping others out too (not that you really needed my permission, but I didn't want the thread to get nuked for hijacking lol :P )

So I'm trying to come up with a name for my Chapter, they will be taking the Drop Assault rite of war, so lots of drop pods, assault marines, jetbikes, and a squad of terminators and or Gal Vorbak.

Here's my thoughts for names:

-> "Helljumpers" (or is that too halo?)

-> "Helbourne"

-> "Seraphs"

What do you think? Is there a better name that doesn't sound like a biker gang name generator? :D

Something born sounds good for Word Bearers, especially if you have a heavy veteran and/or Gal Vorbak presence.

Hellborn

Cauldronborn

Daemonborn

Furyborn

I'm sure folks can come up with a lot better ones too ^_^

You know, it isn't a binary choice between "Mutated man-monsters of Chaos" Gal Vorbak and "elite axe wielding Destroyers for the Imperial Truth" Ashen Circle.

"All sons of Lorgar are taught it is our duty to bring the torch of enlightenment to mankind. Some of us just take the 'torch' part a bit more literally."

Sez you. The Imperial Heralds were the best XVII Legion.

What the Legion became after they were united with Lorgar was disgraceful.

Yeah, I said it. :P

Try looking at some of the Qlippoth. They're the opposing force of the Seraphi in the Kabbala. Sort of like the demon to the angel in Medieval Judaism.

Although I've put a peg onto the Sathariel. It flows with the background I'm making.

Try looking at some of the Qlippoth. They're the opposing force of the Seraphi in the Kabbala. Sort of like the demon to the angel in Medieval Judaism.

Although I've put a peg onto the Sathariel. It flows with the background I'm making.

Heh that's some heavy reading there.

I could always include some interesting things from the Screwtape letters lol

"The best thing the devil has ever done is trying to convince humans that he doesn't exist"

It was actually pretty funny because I was trying to figure out a name for my Chapter. I thought about "the Gatekeeper" but then I read through Mark of Calth and saw the Exalted Gate and went "eh, too close for comfort." So then I figured "What should I call my possessed?" Started poking around, found the Sathariel and thus, the Chapter of the Veiled Warden was born.

Meanwhile, upon being reunited with their Primarch, the IV Legion became a lot smaller. :p

More seriously....

The Imperial Heralds were fools. Not because of their acceptance of some nonsensical "Truth", no,

the short sightedness of the False Emperor who created them was much more fundamental than that.

Tell me something, son of Olympia. If you raze a world...turn its cities into tombs, its fields into wastelands, and its people into ashes, and you build nothing to replace it...where is your victory?

Will you bid the desolation to bring forth its fruits and feed your men? Can you call up the dead to tend its factories and serve in your armies?

The truest excellence is not to slay and conquer....rather, it is to enlighten, to educate, to open an enemy's eyes to the truth, to convert him to the righteous path.

And that is why we Bear the Word.

Meanwhile, upon being reunited with their Primarch, the IV Legion became a lot smaller. :p

More seriously....

The Imperial Heralds were fools. Not because of their acceptance of some nonsensical "Truth", no,

the short sightedness of the False Emperor who created them was much more fundamental than that.

Tell me something, son of Olympia. If you raze a world...turn its cities into tombs, its fields into wastelands, and its people into ashes, and you build nothing to replace it...where is your victory?

Will you bid the desolation to bring forth its fruits and feed your men? Can you call up the dead to tend its factories and serve in your armies?

The truest excellence is not to slay and conquer....rather, it is to enlighten, to educate, to open an enemy's eyes to the truth, to convert him to the righteous path.

Word to yo momma

:P

Yeah, I said it. tongue.png

Meanwhile, upon being reunited with their Primarch, the IV Legion became a lot smaller. tongue.png

More seriously....

We are what we have always been, and have forever accepted the weight upon our shoulders. We burn and break. We shatter and kill.

And then we rebuild and fortify. We protect. We sell our lives for the Imperium, and damn the cost.

You, though, Son of the Great Liar.... you sell others lives, nay, souls, to further your ends. Those ends that change, depending on your Primarch's fey desires and dreams. First, you worship a man who demands no worship, then you worship monsters that snarl and spit for the souls of those who "love" them. Monsters that you acknowledge will destroy all, and tear the universe asunder. If that is your idea of education, then I am proud to be ignorant.

We stand in shadow, grim yet honest in who we are. You stand in darkness, and tell the blind that it is light.

Keep your esoteric lies, Word Bearer, if they help you sleep. The warriors of the IV Legion will trust in our Iron, for in it is truth.

The Word Bearer panted. Blood dripped from the cracks in his armor and a bloody stump rose from his helm, the remnants of a once proud horn.

Across from him stood a giant clad in blackened iron. Oily flecks of liquid dripped from the grill of his helm, his breathing ragged yet strong. A shattered lense revealed a bloodshot eye that seemed to freeze the air with a hate so cold that it burned.

They had fought since the dawn of time it seemed, neither giving an inch and punishing each other in equal measure.

In the distance stood a Night Lady, her armor colored the midnight blue of the crow and the dusk. One was raised, a talon reaching for the sky.

Round Two! Fight!

Archived