Help me choose next army (traitor)

I know right? I think they occasionally take good natured jabs at each other just to get some good story points for novellas going.

Makes me wanna start writing my fluff but I know it'll be awful compared to these guys...

"So, we are to speak of lies and truths? Very well. The truth, Iron Warrior, is that none of us are who we once were. Not you, not us, not the Eaters of Worlds or the Vanguard of Death. We have all broken oaths of fealty and fellowship, seen gods and demigods die, and been driven into a hell we were told could not exist. The colors we wear and the ranks we march in mean nothing-the old Legions are dead.

The TRUTH is, iron is nothing compared to the hand that holds it, and the hand is nothing compared to the spirit that drives it. THAT is the truth!"

The Word Bearers know nothing of weapons, of iron... of the truth.

They claim to be the Inheritors of the Almighty Word! The bearers of the only truth of enlightenment in this despicable galaxy. The very foundation to which faith can be built.

But the "truth," dearest cousin, is that the foundations of the Word are rotten. They are porous and decrepit. The very roots of the Bearers themselves are stained by the decrees and ideals they fought for and preached of.

Daemons gnaw at your bones, Word Bearer. They grow strong on the failings of your once proud Word, devouring the passions and the bodies of those who seek too much of your enlightenment. 

And there lies the real truth of this galaxy. You hold a candle in the vast expanse, trying to fan it to life against the coming of the dark. But your flame is dying. Ever so slowly, your raging conflagration is burning out, down to guttering embers. Those embers will be the bed from which your pyre springs.

Because we are much alike, cousin. But the very real difference is that while you fight to draw those last seconds of light against the darkness of pacts and promises as yet unfulfilled, we are unencumbered. We are free from the fetters of bondage, servitude and slavery into which your father so eloquently bound you. We are free, we stand alone from any but ourselves...

we are the dark. 

"So, we are to speak of lies and truths? Very well. The truth, Iron Warrior, is that none of us are who we once were. Not you, not us, not the Eaters of Worlds or the Vanguard of Death. We have all broken oaths of fealty and fellowship, seen gods and demigods die, and been driven into a hell we were told could not exist. The colors we wear and the ranks we march in mean nothing-the old Legions are dead.

The TRUTH is, iron is nothing compared to the hand that holds it, and the hand is nothing compared to the spirit that drives it. THAT is the truth!"

Wrong century, Word Bearer. ;)

Horus ain't dead yet. See, madness and poor memory! That's what worshiping false Gods gets you.  :P

Here's what I'm looking at for the theme of both sides:

Word Bearers:

-Very fast assaulty army

- Diabolist for sure, maybe Erebus?

-Gal Vorbak (man these are sexy

-Assault squads as troops

-I really like that red wine colored scheme with markings

Have you considered, perhaps, an air-cavalry type army? You could use the Angel's Wrath ROW to give the assault squads hit & run, and can also take flyers for any tac/power armoured infantry.

I've been floating around an idea of a termi-armour air-cav force, The chapter of The Weeping Crow. It would use the Pride ROW, with 3 cataphractii squads as troops, 3 storm eagles in FA, and some tanks in the Heavy & Lords slot. Possibly also fill out a caestus with a Gal Vorbak squad for some added punch.

The idea for the name came from a discussion elsewhere (in this thread, I think) on Kaballa-influenced names for Word Bearers forces, and this tidbit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harab_Serapel

EDIT: You could also poach some of the Justaerin spikey cataphractii bits for some added brutality, if you wished.

Here's what I'm looking at for the theme of both sides:

Word Bearers:

-Very fast assaulty army

- Diabolist for sure, maybe Erebus?

-Gal Vorbak (man these are sexy

-Assault squads as troops

-I really like that red wine colored scheme with markings

Have you considered, perhaps, an air-cavalry type army? You could use the Angel's Wrath ROW to give the assault squads hit & run, and can also take flyers for any tac/power armoured infantry.

I've been floating around an idea of a termi-armour air-cav force, The chapter of The Weeping Crow. It would use the Pride ROW, with 3 cataphractii squads as troops, 3 storm eagles in FA, and some tanks in the Heavy & Lords slot. Possibly also fill out a caestus with a Gal Vorbak squad for some added punch.

The idea for the name came from a discussion elsewhere (in this thread, I think) on Kaballa-influenced names for Word Bearers forces, and this tidbit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harab_Serapel

EDIT: You could also poach some of the Justaerin spikey cataphractii bits for some added brutality, if you wished.

That's a cool idea. Have to read up on the Kaballa. So far I have been looking at Gnosticism as inspiration for my Word Bearers. Currently under the working title of Chapter of the Blind God, but that may change as it doesn't really mesh to well with what I am thinking(The blind god would be a demiurge and I liked the idea that my Word Bearers saw the Emperor as a demiurge, so not sure if it's the best name for the chapter).

It is a very cool idea to build on, seeing as how influenced the Word Bearers are by their creed and conviction.

...well whichever one they happen to be working on at the moment ^_^

Here's my list so far:

2000 points

HQ

Praetor 200

+ Thunder Hammer, Iron Halo, digital weapons, Burning Lore, jump pack

Chaplain 130

+ Artificer armor, jump pack, burning lore, power axe

Moritat 185

+Artificer armor, 2 plasma pistols, jump pack, power sword

Elites

5 Ashen Circle 200

+ Phosphex bomb, melta bomb, artificer armor

5 Gal Vorbak 225

+ Artificer armor, power fist

Troops

15 Assault marines 370

+ 2 power swords, sgt w/AA/PA/MB

15 Assault marines 370

+ 2 power swords, sgt w/AA/PA/MB

Heavy Support

Sicaran 175

+ Lascannon sponsons

Sicaran 175

+ Lascannon sponsons

What do you think? I think the moritat is a huge asset because he is able to scout up the Ashen Circle guys to get into flamer range and lends his John Woo plasma shooting to take care of armored targets. Also his rad grenades make the squad hit most MEQs on 3s and wound on 2s for the first turn.

Gal Vorbak will deep strike in and either double tap their bolters or run to space them out a bit and close the gap between them and the enemy.

Are Ashen Circle Elites? I thought they were FA for some reason. Been a while since I thumbed through Massacre.

It appears you're right friend :D I'll have to amend that.

I'm thinking maybe the Chapter of the Bleeding Sky?

Since most of the WB's chapters were based upon the Colchisian constellations, maybe theirs was actually the Eye of Terror as seen in the night sky?

Are Ashen Circle Elites? I thought they were FA for some reason. Been a while since I thumbed through Massacre.

It appears you're right friend biggrin.png I'll have to amend that.

I'm thinking maybe the Chapter of the Bleeding Sky?

Since most of the WB's chapters were based upon the Colchisian constellations, maybe theirs was actually the Eye of Terror as seen in the night sky?

I like this. It's thematic for the type of army you want to run, and is also apparopriate for the Word Bearers.

The only change I would suggest, and this is just personal taste, is to replace the pair of Sicarans with a Fire Raptor. It can still be loaded for anti-armour, with hellstrike missiles. It may not be as versatile as a pair of tanks, but feels right for a drop/jump infantry army, and would also free some points up for additional bodies in your Gal Vorbak or Ashen Circle squads.

I....just had a wild fantasy in my head...

XVII Legion, Iconoclast; Heavenfall Chapter

gallery_37532_5274_4285.jpg

Angel's Wrath Rite of War

3 x 20 man squads of Assault, lotsa flame weapons and combat shields

4 Destroyer Squads

3 Ashen Circle Squads

3 Caestus carrying 10 man support squads with volkite and flamers

Fall from the sky, burn it all. devil.gif

I....just had a wild fantasy in my head...

XVII Legion, Iconoclast; Heavenfall Chapter

gallery_37532_5274_4285.jpg

Angel's Wrath Rite of War

3 x 20 man squads of Assault, lotsa flame weapons and combat shields

4 Destroyer Squads

3 Ashen Circle Squads

3 Cerberus carrying 10 man support squads with volkite and flamers

Fall from the sky, burn it all. :devil:

I was actually thinking something almost identical....

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I chose not to because of the price and the points level to do that lol

Dude, did you see the Vehicles I just posted in the HH ETL?

All four of those models only cost me $80 bucks, total. Ebay is my best friend ever.  :P

Nice sniping lol. There are other methods of getting them cheaper...but none shall be mentioned here :P

This project will take a while as schools super expensive, and the rent is too damn high!

Archived