My older brother was in the Army for 14 years, and that's how it should work, since we sent him a lot of packages in that time. Some companies with experience shipping to A/FPO won't even bat an eye, but with others, it damn near takes an act of Congress to get them to do it.

Similar things for Brits on tour - certain companies we'd send stuff straight out to Fobs in Afghan/Iraq when my brother was over there, they'd take a bit longer but as far as Royal Mail and UPS were concerned they just dropped them off at either Brize Norton or Farnham and it went with the RAF lot... Other companies we had excessive International shipping' charges :/

Either way good luck brother - tbh I would've thought they wouldn't have a problem (what with Okinawa being part of Japan and all)...

If for whatever reason they stick to their guns, is it unreasonable for me to ask for a reimbursement of some kind for the US-Okinawa postage? I've honestly never run into a situation like this, so I don't know if that is an outlandish request.

Even in Iraq I could get stuff. I don't remember how heavy it was, but I got stuff...

Anyways, back on topic... The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards doing a force of down and dirty Blood Angels. I can run them with the WE rules if I like them (once the books get here) or run them as generic list, most likely with the free Furious Charge buffer Heathens mentioned earlier. That could hold me over for the few years I'd be waiting for actual rules and beautiful, beautiful BA resin.

As for fluff that would reflect this ... maybe their a company already starting to feel the initial urges of the Red Thirst. Maybe they've spent an extended period of time with their brothers from the World Eaters and have picked up a few of their more... unseemly habits and characteristics. Maybe they were just recruited from a death world, and they've just kept some of that feral mindstate in the transition from unwashed, leather-clad hunter gatherer to power-armored galactic warrior. <-- Or did they recruit from Baal and Baal only once Sanguinius was found? Either way, the fluff world is my oyster, and I can justify it any number of ways. Plus it'd be a nice transition from my (very) fledgling DIY.

Damn, even as I write this the World Eaters are speaking to me... wallbash.gif

I say go with the Angels

Just because they don't have legion specific stuff now doesn't mean they won't, and there's more than enough to play with just with the basic legion rules for the time being. When the BA stuff comes out you can just add to your existing collection, no problem.

Straight from the UPS website...

"UPS will only accept shipments to a valid street address. We do not deliver to P.O. Boxes. If a shipper should use a P.O. Box address, the recipient´s telephone number must be included on the label. Your package that is addressed to a P.O. Box may be delayed, will not be covered by any UPS Service Guarantee, and will require an address correction charge. Additionally, Army Post Office (APO) and Fleet Post Office (FPO) addresses are not accepted."

Noted, UPS. We'll play games. devil.gif Talk about a dookie business decision on their part.

Looks like I may be waiting a few extra weeks to get rules.

Late Edit to avoid useless double post and moving this topic to the top of the forum: Changed my mind. After Googling images of both legions for the last two days, I couldn't NOT choose the World Eaters. Even though there are some amazing IV Legion models out there, I just couldn't turn away from the boys in white and blue.

Archived