++ Excessive Perfection - An Emperor's Children Community ++

Forté

Sounds like you need a Sorcerer Leonite :biggrin.: The Slaanesh power is quite nice (though I find I rarely get to roll for it, so in effect it is more of a discouragement to my opponent..? :huh.: ), but the others are useful too. Perhaps as important is the ability to deny opponent's powers.

Otherwise I can recommend a dual claw Lord. While it suits my war band I think it's quite Slaaneshy too and along with a Warlord Trait and the Intoxicating Elixir he can he very killy. That is assuming you're not putting them on your dual claw Daemon Prince for even more slicing up :wink:

Random question, but looking at these models, can anyone take a guess as to what the purple's made from?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Bbxso7sjDKo/VmhOrYXYLjI/AAAAAAAAADk/nfIsEKju8Qk/s1600/IMG_8919.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r9uTipqY6oE/VmhOhVDQuKI/AAAAAAAAADE/iQT_ETGEsnI/s1600/IMG_8910.jpg

kalista-band.jpg

kalista-band.jpg

noise-marine-couleur.jpg

I'm thinking Daemonette Hide > Druichii Violet > Genestealer Purple with possibly Lucius Lilac or Slaanesh Grey used as well?

Edited by Gederas

Without checking I'd guess the Slaanesh purple or however it's called.

That's what I'm thinking it is. Unfortunately to my knowledge, Daioude never posted any tutorials on the paint scheme, as I couldn't find anything about it. I'll prolly get that 3-pack of Chaos Marines to do some testing :lol:

Ahhh, more reminders that I need to learn to sculpt to make some bad-:censored: stuff. I love that sonic weapon and that champ is just perfection. For me, I'm really hoping that when we get a GW release we get something very similar.

My army looks more HH and I am fine with that but I need some Emperor's Children that hold nothing back.

Ahhh, more reminders that I need to learn to sculpt to make some bad-:censored: stuff. I love that sonic weapon and that champ is just perfection. For me, I'm really hoping that when we get a GW release we get something very similar.

My army looks more HH and I am fine with that but I need some Emperor's Children that hold nothing back.

Well, Daioude is friends with Maxime Pastourel (Morback), who's the genius behind the current Death Guard range. So.... Hopefully they get Daioude's help for the new Emperor's Children? :lol:

There is hope!

I remember when I saw the new DG stuff I had wondered why it looked so familiar, especially some of the icons on shoulder pads and the axe the Lord of Contagion used. Pleasently surprised they had that guy on the team as I remember coming across a blog with their work on there.

Off to day dream...

There is hope!

I remember when I saw the new DG stuff I had wondered why it looked so familiar, especially some of the icons on shoulder pads and the axe the Lord of Contagion used. Pleasently surprised they had that guy on the team as I remember coming across a blog with their work on there.

Off to day dream...

Yeah. I'm hoping they get an upgrade by someone who loves the army like they did with Maxime. Because a labour of love produces AMAZING models.

That would be ideal. What I really want besides new Noise Marines is a unit of CQC marines a'la Palatine Blades and seeing the Phoenix Guard terminators alongside the Phoenician. If I can just get that, and a great codex, everything else will be just extra gravy.

I could see the Palatine Blades and Phoenix Guard being remade as Chaos Marines. Likely also a dedicated Terminator unit (in Tartaros Terminator armour please) like the Blightlords.

So, I also just picked up Lucius The Faultless Blade today. Hoping I'll get some inspiration from it. And my Noise Marine stuff will be in on Wednesday. So that'll be at least one squad of Noise Marines ready to be assembled.... I get the feeling I'm going to make a second WIP log for them specifically :laugh.:

Also, speaking of Tartaros terminator armour: Anyone use the Plastic and or Resin Tartaros terminators for Emperor's Children Chaos Terminators?

Edited by Gederas

Apologies for the double post, but something I noticed from the cover of Lucius' novel.

Did anyone else notice how massive Lucius is compared to these Dark Eldar?

Lucius-The-Faultless-Blade.jpg

'cause that seems much bigger than the Eldar, who are supposed to be somewhere around 6 and a half to 7 feet tall....

Jeez Lucius' head looks silly, shame as the artworks pretty good otherwise. As for his size I think he is larger as he is the focal point of the image, cant have the main character getting bitchslapped about by some dodgy tenfoot panzeez.

Regarding updated Terminators, I did want Sonic Terminators but now I am not sure, I dont want the Emperors Children to become the 'Sonic' army. A nice fancy looking squad with the OPTION of taking Sonic weapons would be good, I hate being locked into one playstyle, thats why I can never do a Khorne army because its so boring to play.

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Jeez Lucius' head looks silly, shame as the artworks pretty good otherwise. As for his size I think he is larger as he is the focal point of the image, cant have the main character getting bitchslapped about by some dodgy tenfoot panzeez.

Regarding updated Terminators, I did want Sonic Terminators but now I am not sure, I dont want the Emperors Children to become the 'Sonic' army. A nice fancy looking squad with the OPTION of taking Sonic weapons would be good, I hate being locked into one playstyle, thats why I can never do a Khorne army because its so boring to play.

I mean, the model's head also looks silly :lol: So his artwork mirroring that is par for the course. It's the tongue, isn't it?

And Emperor's Children Terminators being able to take Sonic weapons (Blasmasters and Doom Sirens?) would be pretty cool, not gonna lie. And nah, I don't think Emperor's Children would get locked as the "Sonic" army when their frigging Legion Trait has nothing to do with sonic weapons, or even shooting :lol:

For a chaos Palatine Blades and Phoenix Guard I want them to be melee focused with some shooting. Then maybe have an upgrade option like doom sirens for leaders or sonic shriekers. Just random musings but I think of these guys as the best of the best and they show that off by cutting you down with blades in hand.

Maybe plain-Jane terminators could have an option for sonic weapons?

Apologies for the double post, but something I noticed from the cover of Lucius' novel.

Did anyone else notice how massive Lucius is compared to these Dark Eldar?

Lucius-The-Faultless-Blade.jpg

'cause that seems much bigger than the Eldar, who are supposed to be somewhere around 6 and a half to 7 feet tall....

his size in that picture is pretty much the only thing that I don't like about it.

Also, I read The Faultless Blade a while back. Lucius gets some much needed and even more appreciated love in the form of some really rediculous feats.

For a chaos Palatine Blades and Phoenix Guard I want them to be melee focused with some shooting. Then maybe have an upgrade option like doom sirens for leaders or sonic shriekers. Just random musings but I think of these guys as the best of the best and they show that off by cutting you down with blades in hand.

they are the best of the best. If you're looking for a good read involving a Palatine Blade member, I definitely suggest checking out Khârn: Eater of Worlds. It's just as awesome for fans of the World Eaters as it is for fans of the Emperor's Children and this Palatine Blades member (Galerius is his name IIRC) does something that affects the Imperium at large even today.

I have it and read it yet I do not remember much. I remember Khârn is obviously a focal point and I do remember their EC guest had some surgery around his throat and jaw, which was cool. I was thinking about giving it another read through before finding some HH World Eater novels to read. I've had the itch for blood foR THE BLOOD....oh man, there it goes again...

But yeah, I want the PB and PG to just cut down opponents in CC to the point a berzerker's jaw would drop. Plus, I feel like that would work well in concert with our Legion trait. Again, day dreaming.

his size in that picture is pretty much the only thing that I don't like about it.

Also, I read The Faultless Blade a while back. Lucius gets some much needed and even more appreciated love in the form of some really rediculous feats.

they are the best of the best. If you're looking for a good read involving a Palatine Blade member, I definitely suggest checking out Khârn: Eater of Worlds. It's just as awesome for fans of the World Eaters as it is for fans of the Emperor's Children and this Palatine Blades member (Galerius is his name IIRC) does something that affects the Imperium at large even today.

Honestly, the fact that there's only technically three books specifically about the post Heresy Emperor's Children (Lucius and Fabius' novels) is kind of irksome.

I've also been trying to get Khârn: Eater of Worlds. but its always out of stock on the places I normally check. Which is annoying :lol:

But yeah, I want the PB and PG to just cut down opponents in CC to the point a berzerker's jaw would drop. Plus, I feel like that would work well in concert with our Legion trait. Again, day dreaming.

Mmm.... that sounds like it's be amazing. Squads of melee-oriented dudes with a 2+ melee, always hitting first? Yes please.

I remember Khârn: Eater of Worlds being alright. I think I was on a reading high after going through the Ahriman books.

In terms on novels what I *REALLY* want is Legion Wars novel series. Banished into the eye and fighting tooth and nail again cousin legions and amongst their own ranks, let alone survive in hell incarnate. And in this hell the EC seemed to be fairing really well. Just imagine the possibilities!

I have it and read it yet I do not remember much. I remember Khârn is obviously a focal point and I do remember their EC guest had some surgery around his throat and jaw, which was cool. I was thinking about giving it another read through before finding some HH World Eater novels to read. I've had the itch for blood foR THE BLOOD....oh man, there it goes again...

But yeah, I want the PB and PG to just cut down opponents in CC to the point a berzerker's jaw would drop. Plus, I feel like that would work well in concert with our Legion trait. Again, day dreaming.

I read it a few months ago and I remember being very impressed with Galerius. He struck me as a humble swordsman that knows how good he is but doesn't go out of his way to rub it in people's faces. I remember in the beginning when
a world eater was losing his mind to the butcher's nails, rips of the apothecary's arm, and without thinking about it, he jumps in to save her life (the old apothecary is dead and Skoral is the acting apothecary).

I also remember when he's talking to Dreaghar about how he wishes he could've had the chance to fight Khârn and he

mildly brings up that he's fought evenly with Lucius, and Sevetar, and even survived a fight with Sigismund during the siege of Terra.

Finally, the best part about his actions is that he accidentally

brought Khârn back to life when he killed a world eater assassin and a little of his enemy's blood spilled on to Khârn.

He also came off as someone that wanted to see the traitor legions united and was even trying to broker piece. It's not often that I love a member of the traitor legions, but I genuinely hope to see him again in a later story.

Edited by Slan Drakkos

So, a question all. Me and my friend are planning on doing a surprise 1500 2v2 game, with our secret projects (my Emperor's Children, his Thousand Sons) against our friends.

For a small starter force, what do you all think of this?

Battalion - Emperor's Children:
HQ 1: Lucius - 115

HQ 2: Sorcerer (Force Sword, Bolt Pistol) - 113

Troop 1: Noise Marines x6 (Sonic Blaster x5, Doom Siren, Blastmaster) - 140

Troop 2: Noise Marines x6 (Sonic Blaster x5, Doom Siren, Blastmaster) - 140

Troop 3: Noise Marines x6 (Sonic Blaster x5, Doom Siren, Blastmaster) - 140

Troop 4: Cultists x11 (9x autopistol, shotgun, flamer, 11x ccw) - 51

Troop 5: Cultists x11 (9x autopistol, shotgun, flamer, 11x ccw) - 51

Total: 750 points

I think this will be my ETL vow for my Emperor's Children.... Well, that is if I don't get the Knight in time :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

Looks good enough for some friendly games. Next you should definitely add some anti-tank and maybe transports tho. You're rather vulnerable to alpha strikes and can't do much against multiple vehicles. ^^

Oh trust me, I am planning on getting some party vans for my EC. Just need to see if the owner of my FLGS can get me the Kromlech Emperor's Children doors. Ain't no way my Emperor's Children aren't riding in style.

For Anti-tank, what do you suggest? I was thinking of a Sonic Dreadnought with a Missile Launcher?