++ Excessive Perfection - An Emperor's Children Community ++

Forté

@ LoP: I would love a CC oriented squad. Noise marines with chainswords is good fun but I want something that shows off the legion’s legendary swordsmanship, just like their Palatine Blades. I have one squad I’m building up to be a “bodyguard” for my lord but I realized I could use the guys as exalted champs too.

@Cynaes, the predator is looking good! Loving the freehand and the filigree. I definitely want to copy that filigree! It adds a refined touch. Do you go at it with a pen first?

@WarriorFish, I just load up on sonic blasters and fit in at least one blastmaster. I want some with chainswords and load them into a storm eagle but the point cost of it all...

Sonic Blaster and as many Blastmaster as possible for sure.

I also usually add a Doom Siren and a Power Axe on the champ so the opponent doesn't think he can deal with them easily once he reaches melee, however I doubt it's the most efficient use of points.

Then again I also take Icons whenever I can so yeah. :P

Edited by sfPanzer

What else do you recommend for 1000pts?

Same as the other guys, I run as many as I can while still having enough for support. I want to run predators in the future, as well as obliterators.(they obviously fit well with our stratagems, but I think they're extra good in an army that provides the physical pressure that a noise marine army provides)

Until now it has been the helbrutes, just to squeeze in some more blastmaster shots. ;)

As for the squads, I'm pretty much the same as sfPanzer, the whole shebang! Except for the melee weapons on the champ, I'm not opposed to it, since he's the last one to die and a A3 model, I just like the champ with a chainsword ro bump it up to four. ;) Banners if you have the spare points!

I like 10 man squads, but am trying out smaller five-man units because of morale and command points.

Great, thanks for the tips. I’m mega happy that noise marines are a good option.

I think the last time I properly used tanks was 5th (maybe it was 6th) with vanilla marines so im quite excited about that. Might try and convert some sonic looking weaponry on it.

The other thing I would love to do (if money was no object) is to convert hellblades into marine fighter craft. Because they are beautiful.

Edited by Lords of Preyspire

I recently sat down with my copy of the LIber Chaotica again and read some of the 40k related Slaanesh blurbs in it.
I've transcribed two hard to read pages containing an image of Lucius the Eternal because I hoped to get some more info on him. But it ended up being a short story of the birth of Slaanesh. (not that I mind!)

If you have not read the Liber Chaotica, or parts of it, it's an account and study of Chaos by Richter Kless, a scholar from the World That Was(WHFB), detailing and compiling info on the gods in four separate books, slowly going mad while working with the subject. The texts include written accounts, compiled documents, and in universe notes handwritten by Richter. Even though it's a work set in the fiction of warhammer fantasy, he frequently includes accounts and vision on the Black Crusades, defilers, Noise Marines and other stuff pertaining to WH40K.
The red text in (parenthesis) is basically upside down recounts of some of the sentences, I read them as well hoping that it contained some secrets. :wink: Nothing as far as I could see though, so you wont miss anything skipping those.
I wanted to include it here in our EC part of the forum, I apologise for the long wall of text!

gallery_81490_10033_309575.jpg

Of PLeasure And Rage
(Rage And Pleasure Of)

Behold! For I speak to you from the Shadows - the Great Darkness, that gives meaning to all Light At the heart of the Realm, shrouded and unclean, stand the Powers of Chaos, locked in each other's embrace, hated lovers and eternal companions.
(companions. eternal and lovers hated)

These Four are like points upon a compass - none are close and some are opposite. War and Pleasure are two such opposites, facing each other across eternity, hating and warring; two ideals separated by an impassable gulf of Belief and Purpose. For Khorne is discipline, hardness, suffering and rage, while Slaanesh is indulgence, beauty, ecstasy and lust. Their opposition is carved upon the knucklebones of fate, and conflict can be their only recourse.
(recourse only their be can conflict and)

Yet how mightier is Khorne than His delight-filled sibling! Oldest of gods and greatest of warriors, Khorne's armies stretch from infinity to infinity and the Pleasure God may not rival Him. But this was not always so. For in the days when the Slaanesh, Last Born and Most Beautiful, strove for existence, His power wared stronger than all other gods, be they separate or together, and it seemed as though His spiteful triumph would destroy the Balance in the Warp.
(Warp. the in Balance the destroy would triumph)

But as is ever the case, Khorne was there to stem the flow of Delight. He saw the growth of His youngest sibling, and hated Him even before His birth. With His mighty arms, Khorne sought to crush the life from Slaanesh before He had even left His womb, but the war god not counted on the passion of Slaanesh's creators, and the harder He squeezed the greater the pressure became to drive His arms apart.
(apart. arms His drive to became pressure the greater the squeezed He harder the and creators)

The war god fought on. He sought to give all mortals time to bring an end to their corrupting decadence - the decadence that fed the nascent Power that was Slaanesh. But mortals are weak as gods are not, and though some used the time bought for them by Khorne to turn from their wicked ways, many others did not and sank even deeper into indolence and debauchery.
(debauchery. and indolence into deeper even sank and)

Slaanesh's temperamental screams and self-tormenting nightmares echoed through the Aethyr, and insanity blossomed on every world. Terrible storms raged throughout Heaven and Hell, and rains of fire lashed across Khorne's back, but His grip ever stayed firm around His embryonic sibling. Freezing winds tore at His face and floods of poison crept up His legs, yet still the War God would not let go.
(go. let not would God War the still yet, legs His up crept poison of floods and face His)

Then His brother came upon the scene; Decay stood there beside War.
(War. beside there stood Decay. scene the upon came brother His then)

"Give up." sighed Father Nurgle, "Give in to what must be. It is the nature of things that morals decay and cultures must rot. Mortals cannot leave their destined path."
("path. destined their leave cannot Mortals rot must cultures and)

Khorne turned away from His brother and grasped His wrists all the tighter. Then a gust of coloured light brought there to the brothers the Changer of Ways, and Tzeentch gazed upom the War God with amusement and disdain.
(didaidn and)

"End this," he hissed. "For it must come to pass. Change is the constant that cannot be changed. We Thrice must be Four, so the Game has demanded. Be it now, be it later, our sibling must come!"
(come! must sibling our later, it be, now it Be demanded. hag Game the so, Four be must)

But Khorne would have none of it. He roared his fury until the universe shook, and the foundations of All That Is, All That Was, And All That Shall Be, threatened to crumble. His brothers left Him then, one with a sigh and one with a chuckle, for both knew that the ending was close.
(close. was ending the that knew both for chuckle, a with one and sigh a with one then)

Upon the Mortal Plane the wars had all ceased. All morals and laws had rotted awat, and the change to conceit was almost done. The Three wavered as decadence took hold, and Slaanesh expanded beyond size and beyond measure. But Khorne, unable to see defeat, hung on to His charge though His arms were bent back and His body near-crushed. Then with a scream of release that ripped through the Warp, Slaanesh threw off His eldest brother and burst into being.
(being. into burst and brother eldest his off)

Such was the Event of Slaanesh's birth, the metal body that had contained Khorne's essence since He had slain Khaelis Ra, shattered into a thousand pieces that scattered across the dimensions. But though His spirit had been freed from its silver prison, Khorne had not the strength to strike a counter blow against exultant Slaanesh, and so the Pleasure God was left to reap the souls of His mortal creators and set His Throne alongside those of His brothers! So it was that the Three became Four and the Eternal Pantheon was made complete.
(complete.)

From whenever 'then' was, until whenever 'now' is, the gods have continued their unending dance, twirling each other through the minds and souls of mortals. First one leads and then another, each keeping step in their pavane of evil, a stately measure played out to the beating of human hearts.
(hearts. human of beating the to out played measure stately a evil, of pavane their)

None of these Powers can ever truly win against its brothers, for, as the Great Conspirator did say, it is the nature of things that change is the only constant - and nowhere is this more true that within this shadow place that is Chaos.
(Chaos. is that place shadow)

Yet still the gods dance and their bellows of delight shake the universe.
(universe. the shake delight of bellows their and dance gods the still Yet)

From the 'Liber Maleficarum'. Restricted distribution 2405 I.C.
by order of K. M. Eisel, Witch Hunter Captain.
(Captain. Hunter Witch Eisel, M. K. of order by)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
1 S L A A N E S H K
2 L A A N E S H K R
3 A A N E S H K R E
4 A N E S H K R E T
5 N E S H K R E T H
6 E S H K R E T H C
7 S H K R E T H C I
8 H K R E T H C I R

When pitching my name, in the time honoured theory of nemerology - pintology from the mages of Araby, against that of the Pleasure God, I cannot ignore the fact that they compliment each other perfectly! The symbiosis is almost too beautiful to believe!

His armour writhes with the faces of his victims. I swear I glimpsed my own swirling amidst the mass of tortured souls.

The letters of a name carry enormous weight on a spiritual level. It is possible to divine from the position of the letter wether the name and the position it appears in the numeral table, what relevance they have on a universal level; and to accurately predict the outcome, in relation to all this, of the end of history, and the beginning
of a new one of pain and despair, as the Dark Gods will. It seems strange to think so much can be determined by just numbers and letters, but after all, our whole basis of understanding the world is based on these tools of knowledge and communication. The books I have been studying relate these things to me, and I understand them implicitely.

(I hope It's alright to share this stuff on the forum. I did it as I found it interesting to read. I whole heartedly recommend any chaos fan to get themselves a copy of either Libers or the whole collections, they're awesome reads and full of inspiration.)

Cheers Cynaes, glad you liked it. Was partly procrastination since I didn't have the discipline to search for litterature on my current project. ;) (but apparently did have the discipline to transcribe the two pages of weird text..)

The land raider is looking really god man! I really need to take the plunge and do some myself. Your step by step photos are helpful. :)

I usually like the sketchy style, but I would try glazing over the yellow parts of the feathers to smoothen it a bit. And maybe try adding another talon or two on the foot!

Fantastic! Thanks for posting this up!

Few questions for the crew. What do you guys use for your chaos lords? I don’t love the idea of mine in terminator armour.

On the question of primaris. I think at this point it is inevitable, not that I’m that fussed on them overall.

Personally, I would just keep chosen as our hyper super men. If Fabius is bringing anything to the table I think I would liked to have seen the gland hounds. Lesser marines, out of power armour with a preferred enemy mechanic.

Edited by Lords of Preyspire

Hey, I’m looking for some advice as a fledgling EC player here.

My wife’s given me the go ahead to buy some “dolls” for Xmas for myself. I know I’ll be picking up a box of DE warriors for my traitor guard/ cultists, and I’ll be getting a box of mk4 marines to convert into NM. I should have enough left over to pick up another box of something around the price of a hellbrute. I think I have enough bits to convert up a sorcerer and a champion, so my HQ is covered. Just wondering what a solid choice would be to get a 500-1000pt army going. Another unit of mk4 for another NM squad? Raptors? Predator? Dread? I know it’s kind of hard without knowing if a new codex is coming out next year or not. Any advice is more than appreciated though

Raptor/Warp talon aren't a solid chooce atm. 

Predator is good.

Noise marine are good, getting 3 troop for the bataillon detachment is great. 

Another MkIV box is good for some Slaanesh Havok

Helbrute is solid too. 

Rhino are great also. 

About the codex or not : Don't go insane on standard CSM troops (noise marine are better in every point anyway) or Obliterators or daemon machinae (Dakkafiend, Choppyfiend) : Coz if we get the Death Guard/Thousand Son treatment (wich i hope, but I doubt we will go before World Eaters..) that's the kind of unit who could totally be dismissed from Emperor's Children. 

Noise Marine, Havoks, Dreadnought, Rhino, Predator : They will still be there, too many link with E.C. fluff. 

Raptors are decent imo. Not an auto-include but also not something you need to desperately avoid. A mobile special weapon platform with FLY keyword is never wrong. If you like them take a unit with Plasma or Melta and let them drop in when your opponent exposes the right target.

I'd say 2x10 Noise Marines is a must-have in 2000p lists (big units for the Stratagems VotLW and the double shooting one; and for the 5+++ and +1 to-hit psychic powers).

For a 1000p lists 1x10 or 2x5 should be enough.

Cultists are always good as well since you really need chaff to bubble wrap your units or else some nasty first turn charges will ruin your day. Also their Stratagem is pretty good and together with above mentioned Stratagems they are capable to pour out some serious dakka against enemy infantry as well which WILL surprise opponents who don't play as often against CSM.

They also help filling detachments to get more CP which you REALLY need. I'd honestly take a Battalion detachment just for Cultists alone even for 2000 point lists.

In a 1000p list I'd say go with 2x15 or something along those lines.

Helbrutes are okay. Use the FW rules which lets us replace the Multimelta with a double Blastmaster and allows us to add a Doom Siren as well (not replacing anything).

Havocs for some mean stratagem supported Lascannon alpha strike but if you take plenty Noise Marines with Blastmaster and a Noise Helbrute they aren't that needed in a 1000p list.

You will probably want a Rhino for your Noise Marines. Not because you want to drive them around all that much, but because it helps them surviving the first turn if your opponent goes first.

Is there anything I can use my Palatine Blades and Phoenix Guard termies for 40k? I'm assuming I can use the Phoenix for regular CSM terminators just without the rules for the awesome halberds. I don't know what the Blades would cross over to. Chosen? Exalted Champion?

Seems kinda silly to me that there's no 40k version of Palatine Blades to show the Legion's record as the best swordsmen of all the Legions. Death Guard got to keep Deathshroud terminators, would like to see the same for EC"s special units from 30k.

Chosen or maybe even Possessed I'd say.

I fully expect some chaos-ified version of those units once GW releases a EC Codex.

You can't compare EC and WE with DG and TSons yet. Two of them are Codex CSM subfactions and the other two are standalone subfactions. ;)

I have two 30k armies, DG and EC. I'd love to have some kind of way to use those awesome specialized units in 40k. You are probably correct in that an EC stand alone codex will make them their own army and finally give us some Chaos'd versions of the classic 30k units. EC not being beasts in melee is just so weird for me.

I have two 30k armies, DG and EC. I'd love to have some kind of way to use those awesome specialized units in 40k. You are probably correct in that an EC stand alone codex will make them their own army and finally give us some Chaos'd versions of the classic 30k units. EC not being beasts in melee is just so weird for me.

I had the same problem with Palatine Blade. The best fluffy way is to go for Chosen. 

But Palatine blade are individual dispatch in many squad that can, if needed, be grouped in one squad. So as Chosen are not worth it i keep the blade in their respective squad, as leader :

• 2 weeks later...

Alright folks, let's wake up this topic with some great news : The New Loci for Slaanesh Daemon.

If you didn't read the warhammer community post this day I'll sum it up quickly : If you got a pure Slaanesh Daemon detachment all your Daemon HQ got a 6" aura to charge after advance for Slaanesh Daemon.

The official wording make it totally legit on CSM Daemon Prince and Possessed.

• 2 weeks later...

So with the new daemon codex that’s out, I’m thinking about buying a bunch of deamonettes and slaanesh stuff. I made a mixed list slaanesh daemons/marines. I really like all the leadership diminishment that daemons can have, so to make the most of it with my marines I plan to field them as night lords, but they’re always going to be emperor’s children in my heart, here’s my list.

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [30 PL, 588pts] ++

+ Fast Attack +

Warp Talons [7 PL, 135pts]: Mark of Slaanesh

. 4x Warp Talon: 4x Lightning Claw (pair)

. Warp Talon Champion: Lightning Claw (pair)

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince with Wings [9 PL, 183pts]: Malefic talon, Slaanesh, Warp bolter

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: Night Lords

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Daemons) [45 PL, 908pts] ++

+ Fast Attack +

Furies [3 PL, 60pts]: 5x Fury, Mark of Slaanesh

+ HQ +

Herald of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot [7 PL, 140pts]: Hysterical Frenzy, Lashes of Torment

Herald of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot [7 PL, 140pts]: Hysterical Frenzy, Lashes of Torment

Keeper of Secrets [12 PL, 223pts]: Bewitching Aura, Delightful Agonies, Symphony of Pain, The Mark of Excess, Warlord, Witstealer sword

+ Troops +

Daemonettes [8 PL, 155pts]: Alluress, 19x Daemonette, Daemonic Icon, Instrument of chaos

Daemonettes [4 PL, 95pts]: Alluress, 9x Daemonette, Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos

Daemonettes [4 PL, 95pts]: Alluress, 9x Daemonette, Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos

+ No Force Org Slot +

Chaos Allegiance: Slaanesh

++ Total: [75 PL, 1496pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

All the army is daemons, even the marines part, so they all benefit from the loci and the heralds +1 strenght, wich means S5 lightning claws for the warp talons. The idea is to put the keeper of secret in deep strike with the warp talons for 2 CP, and have the heralds run up the board to give the talons +1 strenght and eventually cast hystrical frenzy on them. The night lord légion trait gives -1 ld for a total of -3. In the list it says that the keeper of secret has delightfull agonies and both heralds have hysterical frenzy, but I’m probably gonna take one of the psychic powers that use morale, like cacophonic choir to deal some extra mortal wounds. Also, the furies make it so that when a morale test is failed within a certain range of the furies, an extra model flees. The daemon prince and the daemonettes run around the board with an herald for extra mobility and grab objectives. Everything can move/advance/charge as long as they are in range of a daemon character.

It’s 1500 points, in a 2000 points game I’d add some shooting for sure but I wanted to focus on the melee.

What do you guys think? Did I miss anything or got any rules wrong?