++ Excessive Perfection - An Emperor's Children Community ++

Forté

Honestly I don't feel very comfortable suggesting anything considering it's a not too unlikely possibility that GW will release an EC Codex + models later this year/early next year. However if I have to suggest something I'd go with Lascannon Havocs or LasPreds for some Slaaneshi lasershow.

Mmm.. True. The possibility of a codex does make a lot of options problematic. That being said, things that are unlikely to not be left out of a codex, like Predators and Helbrutes are a good idea.

Las/Missile Hellbrute perhaps? A LasPred with all Slaaneshi details would definitely look sweet now that I think of it. Hmm....

Honestly I don't feel very comfortable suggesting anything considering it's a not too unlikely possibility that GW will release an EC Codex + models later this year/early next year. However if I have to suggest something I'd go with Lascannon Havocs or LasPreds for some Slaaneshi lasershow.

What? What's the source on this? 

No source. Hence why he said the word "possibility". With that said, the Death Guard and the Thousand Sons both got their own codices, the World Eaters also got daemon engines and newer models than the Emperor's Children, there is a redacted Inquisition report saying that some gigantic snake-bodied something or other is tearing the Imperium a new one (gee, I wonder who that could be), and there's also a rumor that daemon Fulgrim has already been constructed.

TL;DR: There's ample evidence that the Emperor's Children are coming up next.

No source. Hence why he said the word "possibility". With that said, the Death Guard and the Thousand Sons both got their own codices, the World Eaters also got daemon engines and newer models than the Emperor's Children, there is a redacted Inquisition report saying that some gigantic snake-bodied something or other is tearing the Imperium a new one (gee, I wonder who that could be), and there's also a rumor that daemon Fulgrim has already been constructed.

TL;DR: There's ample evidence that the Emperor's Children are coming up next.

By the Dark Prince, I hope so! What a fortuitous time to be making a return to the hobby. I may have to cut down some of my FW purchase I was planning on making at the end of the month and just horde bits. 

Yeah, I'm really optimistic regarding us getting new Emperor's Children. GW seems to be really pandering to the fans as of late with how they've brought back squats, have announced new sisters of Battle, and made much needed revisions. It also helps that Chaos is the "Big Bad" right now and the EC haven't gotten a legitimate update in decades.

On a slightly unrelated note, why are you buying FW models?

Why not buy Forge World models? :lol:

If I were to get FW models for the Emperor's Children, I'd probably get the Legion-specific Contemptor, Eidolon to kitbash a Raptor Lord, the Kakophoni and possibly some other stuff.

Yeah, I'm really optimistic regarding us getting new Emperor's Children. GW seems to be really pandering to the fans as of late with how they've brought back squats, have announced new sisters of Battle, and made much needed revisions. It also helps that Chaos is the "Big Bad" right now and the EC haven't gotten a legitimate update in decades.

Because I've not abandoned my original idea of what I want to build. A 30k Siege of Terra Traitor Emperor's Children army/40k Emperor's Children army with as much overlap between the two armies as possible to reduce the cost of said army. Done right, it will look ace and be fieldable for both styles of play. With the new addition of primaris marines, I am pondering the difficulties of actually true-scaling my Blades and Kakophoni to be the same height. 

Why not buy Forge World models? :laugh.:

If I were to get FW models for the Emperor's Children, I'd probably get the Legion-specific Contemptor, Eidolon to kitbash a Raptor Lord, the Kakophoni and possibly some other stuff.

He gets it.

FW is pricey. I remember going to their store recently ready to buy a handful of III & XVI legion doors for vehicles and going "NOPE, NOPE, NOPE" as I cleared out my cart of them after seeing the price. It really just comes down to what do you really *need* and self-discipline haha.

Nephilim, I tried making a two-fer out of my EC as well. They were my main 40k army and if I was ever so blessed I could use them as 3rd company elite for 30k. I really wanted them for 30k and they have been built with that aesthetic in mind. So aside from scale my main concern is if I can make whatever GW produces fit in with my more plain Emperor's Children. I wouldn't mind having the wildly extravagant/decadent EC we read about when the Dropsite Massacre occurred, or when they reunited with the IV legion, or when they had waged war on Skallathrax. I just worry my current guys will look super boring next to them.

FW is pricey. I remember going to their store recently ready to buy a handful of III & XVI legion doors for vehicles and going "NOPE, NOPE, NOPE" as I cleared out my cart of them after seeing the price. It really just comes down to what do you really *need* and self-discipline haha.

My reaction everytime I go to FW thinking a little bit of Resin isn't that bad lol

Haha, that's been me recently as well, bud!

'I'll just get a few chain-axes for a berzerker kill-team. Oh yeah, I'll get the World Eater upgrade kit too. Might as well get the power armor and terminator ones since I am here. Speaking of which I will get a unit of Justaerin. Oh, they need weapons so lets just add that. Ahh, that's what I cam here, those Phoenix Guard spears, let me get those...."

5 minutes later I am wondering where it all went wrong.

Haha, that's been me recently as well, bud!

'I'll just get a few chain-axes for a berzerker kill-team. Oh yeah, I'll get the World Eater upgrade kit too. Might as well get the power armor and terminator ones since I am here. Speaking of which I will get a unit of Justaerin. Oh, they need weapons so lets just add that. Ahh, that's what I cam here, those Phoenix Guard spears, let me get those...."

5 minutes later I am wondering where it all went wrong.

that right there is the reason behind why I stick to third party miniature sites. Unlike a lot of other people, I don't have an incredibly disposable income, so the third party sites that sell stuff for cheaper than GW and FW are important to me. I build up my money, make a list of what I need, make a list of what I want, and then work from there.

Nothing wrong with that at all. I wish I had been more disciplined in the past with my money. I just sold everything I had hobby-wise off except for my CSM (EC, BL, & AL), extra sprues I will use to finish off the CSM, and stuff like paints & tools. Then I put a $100 a month budget in place that I split between my two nerd hobbies. But as I was packing my collection of stuff to get it sold I realized I had spent enough money that I could have bought a chump car for racing.

That makes me shake my head in disbelief. Most of that stuff was unbuilt or just bare plastic which I sold for probably less than a third of the retail value I paid. I consider that such a waste on my part. So I feel like I am starting on a fresh slate and I have to build and paint what I have before going off buying new things.

Also, for some weird reason I've had the mind set of its either "GW, FW, or I make it myself" when it comes to WH. However, I have been tempted by these Master Crafted veteran spiked shoulder pads and Blood and Anvil (I think) spiky bits. Much cheaper than GW/FW and the quality looks just as good if not better.

Quick question chaps, what is the weapon options for Chosen? Can they take combi plasma or are they limited to normal plasma and a combi for the Champ? Oh and can the Champ take a combi and a sword/fist/other pointy thing?

Chosen can take 4x combi/special weapons in lieu of a bolter. Champ can take a combi-plasma and a pointy thing in exchange for a bolter and bolt pistol if I remember correctly.

I was just looking at Chosen to make sure I was converting up a legal unit using dark vengeance models (though mine will be close combat rather than shooty).

In addition to the models noted by hushrong, one chosen can also take 1 special weapon (so, melta, plasma or flamer) adding to the 5 combi-plasma on 4 chosen and the champion. 

I knew I was missing something.

I had just glanced at chosen rules because I had been curious about putting some with meltas in the termite. Wondering if they would be a decent suicide squad to send after a big, nasty tank. My buddy used to make great strides with a drop-pod sternguard squad with combi meltas back in the day and I was always jealous of that unit.

So I can have a champion with combi, 4 chosen with combi and another chosen with plasma?

Yeah no problem, but why not give the last one a combi-plasma as well? It's the same thing just with an added Bolter (and the option to shoot both...just don't overcharge when doing so lol).

But honestly ... why not just take Havocs? The only thing the Chosen give you is an additional S4 AP0 attack in melee and combi-plasma instead of regular plasma. And you pay about 20p more for it.

The last chosen can only take a special weapon, not a combi-weapon - he's in addition to the 4 "equipment list" chosen. 

So, for example, in my close combat chosen squad I have a champion with a power fist, 4 chosen with power weapons of various types, and 1 chosen with a flamer - there is no option to give the flamer chosen a power weapon instead (though  he could have a meltagun or plasma gun instead).

So no going all combi-weapon - which I guess does save you a couple of points.

I have no real opinion on chosen vs havocs, though chosen does allow you to have 1 more plasma/melta/flamer per squad than do havocs.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Nephilim, I tried making a two-fer out of my EC as well. They were my main 40k army and if I was ever so blessed I could use them as 3rd company elite for 30k. I really wanted them for 30k and they have been built with that aesthetic in mind. So aside from scale my main concern is if I can make whatever GW produces fit in with my more plain Emperor's Children. I wouldn't mind having the wildly extravagant/decadent EC we read about when the Dropsite Massacre occurred, or when they reunited with the IV legion, or when they had waged war on Skallathrax. I just worry my current guys will look super boring next to them.

I'm hoping to do a lot of greenstuff. I've got both a FLGS and a GW where I'm living now, so I'm hoping that between the two, I can find someone to teach me how to do some light sculpting so I can do scroll-work, embellishments and cloaks.

Dr_Ruminahui, before weapons the chosen cost more for an extra attack each and slightly better leadership. Personally I’d rather save points on cheaper havocs and spend more on noise marines or tanks. Every little bit helps.

Curious what folks do with chosen or special weapon equipped havocs. I’ve been thinking of them as a suicide squad meant to be kept relatively cheap to go and hunt big game. Interested in other ideas though.

Nephilim, best of luck! I can barely roll a ball out of green stuff let alone sculpt. I need someone to teach me on hands to learn but have yet to meet a teacher. I’d love to do stuff like the one hobbyist whose work was just shared on this thread on the previous page. I also miss having a FLGS too, it’s like having a home away from home.