[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

Ah scweeet! I need that book.

I lost the Sargent to his preator in a challenge as I only failed 1 fnp against him meaning the terminators all died before attacking as unwieldy. I lost 2 to the nails...

If I had re-roll 1's the preator last wound would have been taken to

Rolling that many dice is just baller, it is now an auto include for me!

Just my newest take on our new emphasis on Tactical-Blobs-

+++ World Eaters 3k (2995pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2995pts) ++

+ HQ (300pts) +

Khârn the Bloody (190pts) [Legacy of Blood]
····Master of the Legion [beserker Assault]

Legion Praetor (110pts) [Artificer Armour, Charnabal Sabre] (PLACEHOLDER)

+ Troops (745pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (235pts) [14x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Legion Tactical Squad (275pts) [19x Legion Tactical Space Marines]

Legion Tactical Squad (235pts) [14x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]

+ Elites (380pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (90pts) [Legion Apothecary, Legion Apothecary]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (290pts) [Furious Charge, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, 4x Power Weapon]
····Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

+ Fast Attack (550pts) +

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod (100pts)

Legion Land Speeder Squadron (225pts)
····Legion Land Speeder [Graviton Gun, Multi-melta]

Legion Land Speeder Squadron (225pts)

+ Heavy Support (1020pts) +

Legion Spartan Assault Tank (340pts) [Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [XII: World Eaters]

Well, i guess the list is pretty self explainatory. One could argue to forego the Multi-Meltas on the Speeder and get something else other than the Veterans. Red Butchers e.g. 

What do you guys think?

Edited by 2gud2bbad

The primary issue is having no scoring if you make all troops inductii, which you're almost forced to do if they are to be your hammer units. Then again, that only matters if there are enemy units left on the table after the wave of angry death sweeps over them.

By the way, am I the only one who really looks forward to seeing Daemon Angron both as a model and with rules?

20 Augmented Inductii Despoilers with a PF sergeant and Surlak kill an average of 10.22 Cataphractii on the charge.  Then 3.17 of them drop dead.  So worth it.

I managed 8 wounds, so not too far off...!

Hmm, so i don't have any of the books yet.  I am thinking maybe i pick up book 6 and the regular CAL red book while i wait for the new istvaan legions book to be released...or are they also updating the regular CAL book too?

They are updating that too, we don't really know a great deal about it but we are expecting a good few months. You never know though, they might surprise drop it with the new legions one. I'm pretty sure PDF updates will be released anyway for people like myself with the older books

Slipsteams helped me with the initial build of the list when i was using the orbital assault RoW and then after reading everyone's take on the book 6 stuff i turned it into this...

HQ

Khârn - Gore Child, Berzerker Assault

Gahalan

Troops

1x 20 Despoilers, Vexilla, Sargent has Artificer/Power Fist

2x 10 Tactical Marines, Vexilla, Sargent has Artificer 

Elites

Contemptor with Kheres, DCCW, Dreadpod

Fast Attack

2x Javelins with Multi Meltas, Cyclone Missles, and Hunter Killers

Heavy Support

Spartan - Flare Shield, Armored Ceramite, Aux Drive

Leviathan - Armored Ceramite, Grav, Claw, Phosphex, Volkite, Dreadpod

Leviathan - Armored Ceramite, Melta, Drill, Dreadpod

The Contemptor i look at as a pod tax so that i can bring in both Levis on turn 1 and the small tac squads can get objectives.

Just remember once Gahalan makes a unit nuts, it cannot be joined but other ic's so Khârn will have to be on foot...

Slipsteams helped me with the initial build of the list when i was using the orbital assault RoW and then after reading everyone's take on the book 6 stuff i turned it into this...

HQ

Gahalan

Troops

Elites

Fast Attack

Heavy Support

The Contemptor i look at as a pod tax so that i can bring in both Levis on turn 1 and the small tac squads can get objectives.

Just remember once Gahalan makes a unit nuts, it cannot be joined but other ic's so Khârn will have to be on foot...

​Hmm, well that puts a bit of a damper on things...I need t page back and look at Gahlan's rules again.  I think I am ok with not giving that blog the +1S and just using Gahlan for his 4+ FnP and extra attack buff.  I guess the question becomes, is the 4+ FnP worth the extra points over the 5+ FnP from a regular apothecary.  I am thinking...yes?

Edited by Guiltysparc

Ah scweeet! I need that book.

I lost the Sargent to his preator in a challenge as I only failed 1 fnp against him meaning the terminators all died before attacking as unwieldy. I lost 2 to the nails...

If I had re-roll 1's the preator last wound would have been taken to

Rolling that many dice is just baller, it is now an auto include for me!

Book 6 has re-roll 1s to wound. It's the latest rule, so totes legit. 

How many of your despoilers went down after tenderising the Terminators? I love the thought of pulping TEQs with tactical squads :biggrin.:

Ah yeah, that's what I meant. In retribution, along with the badass rules for Surlak :sweat:

HQ

Gahalan

Troops

Elites

Fast Attack

Heavy Support

​Hmm, well that puts a bit of a damper on things...I need t page back and look at Gahlan's rules again.  I think I am ok with not giving that blog the +1S and just using Gahlan for his 4+ FnP and extra attack buff.  I guess the question becomes, is the 4+ FnP worth the extra points over the 5+ FnP from a regular apothecary.  I am thinking...yes?

Yeah, it is good and makes a difference and for an extra 60 odd points on top of a normal one. You can augment other squads if you wish, not just the one he is in

^He's worth the extra 60pts just basically, but especially if you're looking at Crimson Path.

Ghalan is no slouch in HtH, even if his armor save is a little light. Plus a bare minimum of a 5++/4+FnP makes him a lot more resilient than you'd imagine. 

Doing math with berserker assualt, i think that unit of 20 despoilers is putting out upwards of 100 attacks on the charge (2 for CCWs +1 for charge +1 for rage +1 for apothecary buff), with hatred, and rerolling 1s to wound.  And then you have Gahlan and Khârn's attacks...seems pretty brutal to me.

Edited by Guiltysparc

To be honest, Path is only superior to Assault in two cases: one, you're certain you'll be playing a scenario where the enemy defends and you attack, or two, when you're using Kharybdis assault claws instead of Spartans.

Yeah, this.

If you've got a list loaded down with Dreadclaws and Kharybdii already, its amazing. 

What is Ghalan Surlak armed with? I dont have the new book yet but i wanna build that guy already. Help me.out!

It's specified in the last 3 pages somewhere, but:

Power Armour

Refractor Field

Grenades

Power Axe

MC needle pistol

Also I don't think Path/Assault RoWs are necessarily so Pods or Tanks. Having 3 troops is a hefty amount, Path is good for those of us who don't want to die of Carpal Tunnel before getting to play wit their army.

Edited by The God-Potato of Mankind

New campaign weekend coming up in August (same one I built my eaters for last year) and have had word it's 3000 points no leviathan foc. With that in mind I have designed the following "scorched bastards return"

+++ Scorched bastards: redux +++

+ Lord of War +

The Primarch Angron

··Master of the Legion [beserker Assault]

+ HQ +

Gahlan Surlak

Legion Praetor [Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Melta Bombs, Paragon Blade]

+ Troops +

19 x Legion Tactical Squad [Augmented Inductii, Exchange their Bolters for a Chainaxe, Vexilla]

··Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

16 x Legion Tactical Squad [Exchange their Bolters for a Chainaxe, Vexilla]

9 x Legion Tactical Squad [Legion Rhino, Take an additional Chainaxe]

··Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment

··Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour]

The Red Butchers [4x Butcher Terminator]

··Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield]

··The Devoured [2x Chainfist,]

+ Heavy Support +

Legion Kharybdis Assault Claw

Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield]

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer [Armoured Ceramit]

2 Spartans (one with tac squad, one with butchers) and kharybdis with Angron and probably surlak although he might go with the inducti to give them a bit more punch, not sure if it's better boosting angrons fnp...

Tactics pretty straight forward, hammer and anvil goodness.What are your thoughts on the list? Want it to be fun yet not a walk over and I have most of it done already so would just need the kharybdis

Edited by Fangbanger

New campaign weekend coming up in August (same one I built my eaters for last year) and have had word it's 3000 points no leviathan foc. With that in mind I have designed the following "scorched bastards return"

+++ Scorched bastards: redux +++

+ Lord of War +

The Primarch Angron

··Master of the Legion [beserker Assault]

+ HQ +

Gahlan Surlak

Legion Praetor [Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Melta Bombs, Paragon Blade]

+ Troops +

19 x Legion Tactical Squad [Augmented Inductii, Exchange their Bolters for a Chainaxe, Vexilla]

16 x Legion Tactical Squad [Exchange their Bolters for a Chainaxe, Vexilla]

9 x Legion Tactical Squad [Legion Rhino, Take an additional Chainaxe]

··Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment

··Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour]

The Red Butchers [4x Butcher Terminator]

··Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield]

··The Devoured [2x Chainfist,]

+ Heavy Support +

Legion Kharybdis Assault Claw

Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield]

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer [Armoured Ceramit]

2 Spartans (one with tac squad, one with butchers) and kharybdis with Angron and probably surlak although he might go with the inducti to give them a bit more punch, not sure if it's better boosting angrons fnp...

Tactics pretty straight forward, hammer and anvil goodness.What are your thoughts on the list? Want it to be fun yet not a walk over and I have most of it done already so would just need the kharybdis

Can Angron not go in a Dreadclaw?

It's solid. My list is the other way around, with a Dreadclaw of Butchers and Angron in a Spartan with Inductii.

I'm sorry, I probably just being really blind but where in book 6 is the updated berzerker assault rite of war that allows for re-rolls of 1's to wound as well? Apologies in advance for it being painfully obvious and I'm just not seeing it lol