[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

So 3x 10 tac's in rhinos, seem pretty viable now?

If they are in a bezerker list with Gahlan.

Str 5 can threaten rear armour of light vehicles, Str 7 is great.

36 Str 5 attacks on the charge = 6 unsaved wounds on the charge

4 Str 7 attacks for Sargent with metior hammer = .6 chance to take our opposit character if armour 2, 1+ if armour 3. Before he hits you.

Move 12" pop smoke

Move 6, disembark, shoot

Weather the storm, attack.

Obviously you have other bigger threats on the board, but this unit seems to be reasonably threatening and cheap!

Thoughts?

Bezerker assault and rhinos are not viable no...

Sure have 1, 2 at the very most, but you need assault vehicles for those tacs. We get our legion bonuses from charging, not from waiting to be charged or hoping we don't get shot to :cuss first

Move 12" pop smoke

Move 6, disembark, shoot

Weather the storm, attack.

Thoughts?

The big problem is what will happen in reality is this:

Get blown up before it even moves

Move 12" pop smoke. - Get blown up and take casualties.

Move 6", disembark, shoot - 10 bolter shots won't do much of anything really

Weather the storm - You won't weather the storm. The enemy will shred the occupants or whittle it to meaningless numbers. Cause a break test and make it run.

Attack - By this point the survivors will be down to 2 or 3 and will lose 1 probably to overwatch. Or be out of charge range anyway. Because the enemy won't stay in range.

A squad of 15-20 on foot can move and run almost, if not as far as, 12" anyway. And then be ready to move and charge the next turn. Also the 15-20 man tactical squads have more bodies so can weather more damage (plus you can put an apothecary in with them).

30k assault armies cannot use non-assault vehicles and be only 10 men strong. It just won't work. If you have an anvillus that you can hide in and assault from next turn then yes, small squads work. But for the meat and potato units they need to be big and on foot.

What you want in those rhinos is support squads with plasma or melta or a heavy support squad with heavy flamers in. Have them rushing up alongside the big units.

Oh and it reads: "..any legion tactical squad...may be designated Augmented Inductii..."

Edited by Ethrion

Obviously, you can play any legion the way you like. Combat heavy iron warriors, gun line emperors children etc.. But if you want to play world eaters in a combat focused manor, you need to make sure you A) make it to combat and B) get the charge off.

Our tac marines I feel are the best in the game. Sure others maybe more resilient however the sheer volume of output we have in combat is matched by none. Especially for the points cost.

The downside is however that we do have to pay the price on transports. Spartans/kahrybdis/land raiders or the cheapest of assault vehicles, the anvilus are the way we should deploy and these bumb the cost up considerably compared to legion X who will generally just have 2 tac squads in rhinos as tax and done. Although this limits us in what else we can take (less points for toys, heavy slots taken up etc..) I think it gives our legion real flavour and the edge in the infantry attrition game.

I have no problem paying the extra points as once I get into combat if I choose my targets well, I ain't gunna lose. The 500 point investment into a tac squad and transport is worth it for the way I play and want to play my eaters and if you want a combat oriantated force I would highly recommend it

Fair points. So it is just the one inductii squad. Cool. I'll re jig my thinking.

So running across the board is an option now?

My thought process was that they would be mostly ignored in favour of more potent threats.

[

Oh and it reads: "..any legion tactical squad...may be designated Augmented Inductii..."

You forgot the all important s at the end of squad. I've just had a look at the rule and it does read all your tac "squads" plural.

As to your other points yes all that will happen, but if they do that then they aren't shooting at my more threatening vehicles and units...

They can take those small non scoring units if they want, if it draws fire away from my dangerous units. Have a look at the list I put up, for a better idea of the tactics behind it.

^Yep.

If you do that you'll hit hard as hell, but you have to rely on tabling your opponent and/or units with Implacable Advance.

Yes it's all or nothing, but I that seems fitting for the WE.

Well, I picked up BaC and I'm finally diving in to WH30K/HH!!! I've been reading through this thread (not finished yet) lots of great information! Some tactica/build questions for the Bac box....

After reading this thread I'm planning on building 15 tacticals, 10 veterans, and a 5 man Support Squad. Since WE are so CC oriented, my thinking was to make the support squad more of a long range anti tank. I want to either put 4 lascannons or 4 plasma cannons on them. For the Cataphractii, what's the best load out going to be for these guy's equipment?

If you're going anti-tank, lascannons would defs be the superior option.

For the Cataphractii, it depends entirely on what you want to do with them. Are they to guard a Primarch? Are they to pile out of a spartan into something unfortunate? Are they to be really unfair to your friend's big tactical blobs?

Well, I was actually thinking of throwing them in their own Phobos to deliver them so they can wreck whatever they want to wreck. I only have 5 right now and I don't know when I'll buy another BaC to get a unit of 10. I'm pretty sure I'd rather have 20 tacticals in a Spartan than 10 Cataphractii anyway.

[

You forgot the all important s at the end of squad. I've just had a look at the rule and it does read all your tac "squads" plural.

As to your other points yes all that will happen, but if they do that then they aren't shooting at my more threatening vehicles and units...

They can take those small non scoring units if they want, if it draws fire away from my dangerous units. Have a look at the list I put up, for a better idea of the tactics behind it.

^Yep.

If you do that you'll hit hard as hell, but you have to rely on tabling your opponent and/or units with Implacable Advance.

Yes it's all or nothing, but I that seems fitting for the WE.

Sorry, yes typo...missed the 's' my bad.

The problem is the enemy will shoot at the more valuable units with the more dangerous weapons etc. The rhinos with 10 guys inside will be targetted by small arms fire, they won't draw any seriously threatening fire away at all. The killer is the disembark and wait. In that moment they all die. The enemy doesn't even to really need to blow the rhinos up at all...they can just wait until you get out and then be prepped to gun you down.

Okay my fellow eaters of worlds, having read through the last few pages of this tactica I have become obsessed with running the Crimson Path with 1-2 Kharybdis assault claws and 2-3 Dreadclaw pods. I have the funds to make it happen. But its a massive investment for me and well I have to ask is it viable? I am not a power gamer but I dont want to loose every game I play. Thoughts would be appreciated.

I think I'll run all Inductii, because screw VPs.

I play to chop people up. It's only a victory if the enemy force is utterly wiped from the board, any "victory" for anything less is hollow and undeserving of my attention.

#Chainaxeparty2016

Edited by The God-Potato of Mankind

You are always at a disadvantage if going only dp however make sure to execute via a hammer and anvil style to maximise its effectiveness

so you are saying have a Spartan of a Storm Eagle follow up?

I've been playing around with working in drop pods to my normal Spartan list and I think to really benefit then yeah, a Spartan or 2 charging up while kharybdis and pods drop in is the way to go however does get very costly with points. But also having things like venators and other anti vehicle will help too. You don't really want to be podding in only to find you are left out in the open, all alone with a Spartan to crack/ typhon to plate you/ scorpius to delete your men etc...

I wouldn't go storm eagle as this would relly on reserve rolls

So here is what I am thinking, throw the large dispoiler squad w/ galan in the kharybdis, vets and one of the other despoiler squads in the deadclaws, Terminators in spartan W/ contemptors, despoilers in Land Raider and jetbikes rush up the field:

+++ World Eaters Smash Face (3500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (3500pts) ++

+ HQ (740pts) +

Gahlan Surlak (110pts)

Legion Praetor (630pts) [Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Legion Scimitar Jetbike with Heavy Bolter, Melta Bombs, Paragon Blade]
····Legion Command Squad [4x Combat Shield, Legion Scimitar Jetbikes with Heavy Bolters, 4x Legion Space Marine Chosen, Melta Bombs, Power Fist, 4x Power Weapon]

+ Troops (635pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (180pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

Legion Tactical Squad (270pts) [Exchange their Bolters for a Chainsword or Combat Blade, 17x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

Legion Tactical Squad (185pts) [Exchange their Bolters for a Chainsword or Combat Blade, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

+ Elites (1415pts) +

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon (300pts)
····Cortus Dreadnought [Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon]
····Cortus Dreadnought [Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon]

Legion Terminator Squad (740pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 3x Chainfist, 9x Legion Terminators, 2x Pair of Lightning Claws, 4x Power Fist]
····Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Dozer Blade, Flare Shield]
····Legion Terminator Sergeant [Chainfist]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (375pts) [Fearless, Heavy Chainsword, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs, Pair of Lightning Claws, 7x Power Weapon, 2x Volkite Serpenta]
····Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Thunder Hammer, Volkite Serpenta]

+ Fast Attack (200pts) +

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod (100pts)

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod (100pts)

+ Heavy Support (510pts) +

Legion Kharybdis Assault Claw (260pts)

Legion Land Raider Battle Squadron (250pts) [Land Raider Phobos]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Traitor, XII: World Eaters]

Created with BattleScribe

Could that work?

Seems solid enough.

I'd get Armoured Ceramite on the Spartan for sure though.

I'd rework the Veterans - no need for a heavy chainsword and no need for 7 power weapons. 3-5 is good.

It seems light on heavy punches for 3.5k. What in that list will take down a Primarch? Drowning them in despoilers maybe. You lack any S8+ punches. Does your local meta utilise LoWs much? I'd be tempted to drop the Scimitars and a few upgrades here and there to fit in Angron.

Or a Fellblade. Whatever floats your boat.