[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

I am putting together a Crimson Path list with Ghalan(sp?), Angron, and some despoilers in a dreadclaw as well as some inductii in other places and a lot of it dropping down in a kharybdis or dreadclaws. (Does Angron get 3+ or 4+ fnp in enemy deployment?)

What I am having trouble with and need help on is anti-tank. I don't want to buy a Leviathan or kharybdis to put it so that is out. I like graviton stuff. Are speeders with graviton the way to go? I haven't ever played them really, can they move 12 inches and fire both a multi-melta and a gravgun?

What about the lightning strike fighter with penetrators?

I don't care for dreads much either but will consider them. A dual gravgun would be good but pricey pointswise and I would rather use the dreadclaws I have for inductii.

Medusa's and buy some boxes? Shatter shell batteries?

Thoughts?

Edited by Bodacious2182

You could put a levi in a regular dread pod also.

Lightning with the kraken missiles will certainlly get rid of anything you shoot it with.

Another option is Javelins with multi meltas, cyclone missles, and hunter killer missiles.  They can deep strike or outflank so you should be able to set up lots of side/rear armor shooting and with 5 S8 shots per javelin, a unit of 2 or 3 should kill most tanks the turn they come in.  If any survive the follow up shooting you have a nice, quick, gun platform with S8 and AP1/3 shots.

A bunch of regular speeds with grav is good to stripping HPs, but i went with javelins in my build because anything in the AV12/13 range they take care of better and aything in the AV14/big boy range i'm leaving to my leviathans.

If you want T1 IN YOUR FACE Anti-Tank, Leviathans in Regular Dreadpods, Contemptors with Grav in Dreadpods are pretty much your only option hah! 

Fast Attack has some pretty solid anti-tank options but most of them are reliant on reserves and come in the shape of a Flyer. For its cost, a Kraken Lightning will be good to severely nuke one target. After that, not much unless you get lucky with his BS5 Twin-Linked Tank Hunting Lascannon and/or he doesnt die.

Graviton Land Speeders are ok as is the 5 S8 Shots of the Javelins.

Rapiers are always good enough, medusae are strong but that reliant on you not having used your HS Slots.

Otherwise, you cans stuff 5 Terminators with Combi-Meltas and Chainfists into a Dreadclaw Dedicated and bank on that.

I didn't think dread pods were allowed with crimson path since it is immobile.  My group isn't going to allow that level of rules lawyering about how it is immobile only once it lands.

Let's not start that debate up again please.

If your group has ruled that pods fired from orbit are immobile, then it sounds like they've reasoned it out agreeably.

I feel like what has to be said on the Topic has been said and we should do as Flint Asks.

If my whole goal is to run crimson path then why abandon it?  I only own pods and I don't want to buy point sink spartans just to get immobilized on the first piece of terrain (even with a re-roll) or get wrecked the first turn.  At least with pods I can get somewhere.  I ran land raiders a ton in 5th edition with berzerkers and that playstyle is boring.  Even if crimson path turns out to suck I will go to berserker assault and still have the same problem of needing anti-tank.  In that case I would use a leviithan.

Fair mate.

I like the Lightning, problem is it won't come to the party early enough.

Are you set on a full drop pod deployment, or are you open to a hammer and anvil style list with Tanks, Rapiers etc holding the line with say three pods?

I'm contemplating going this way vs the pure mech infantry approach I have been developing.

I am open to any option, even if it is mechanicum or cults allies.  I like as others have suggested the horde with rending attacks.  Not really for anti-vehicle per-se but for a thorn in the enemy's side.

I am open to any option, even if it is mechanicum or cults allies.  I like as others have suggested the horde with rending attacks.  Not really for anti-vehicle per-se but for a thorn in the enemy's side.

Consider it a tool to deal with stuff that you don't want getting into your actual Astartes.

Its really hilarious how long a mob of fearless cultists will hold up a Castellax posse or deathstar primarch. 

Hopefully I don't sound like a broken record, but a Sicaran Venator would probs be a good investment for you. It is such a crazy useful tool to have in the toolbox.

Edited by Flint13

^Pod levi and a Venator? I like you how think!

I want to see someone stun-lock a Titan, then punch its ankles out with a Leviathan :D

That sounds very scary no matter which legion is running it, two leviathans in your face plus a typhoon is a lot to deal with, not to mention that packs a ton of ignores cover blasts.

What's gwan gwan fams, I have finally gotten around to starting my BaC termies and I'm contemplating what to do with them. 

Seeing as the anti-infantry firepower seems very well catered for in my despoilers, I was thinking of dreadclaws with 5 man combi-melta/plas terminator teams?

Though I thought a sickening wave of terminators would be great in this list:

HQ

Chappy or Khârn

Gahlan Surlak

Troops

2x 15 Despoilers. Sarges with , artificer power axes & melta bombs

Elites

5 Cataphractii with combi-plas, 2x Chainfists, 3x Power fist, 1x Plasma blaster

5 Cataphractii with combi-plas, 2x Chainfists, 3x Power Fist, 1x Plasma blaster

5 Red Butchers, Devoured with chainfist & thunderhammer

Contempty-Cortus - Kheres

Fast

3x Dreadclaws

Heavy

Deredeo - ACs & Aiolos

2x FS/AC Spartans

With about 60 points to spare to further pimp here and there

4 dreadclaws means the combi-plas alpha strike goes down, followed by a Red Butchers & Contemptor, while 2 Spartans roll forward. Seems a scary list to me.

Additionally, I just got 10 culverins for a HS squad. My plan is to throw them backfield with an augury scanner to dissuade deep striking enemies by vomiting 40 S6 Deflagrate shots at them. Basically what I use the Deredeo for...but with more volume. I found the 7 shots on the Aiolos...disappointing.

Edited by The God-Potato of Mankind

That's a cool list, 2500? I think your ground pounders will get the snot shot out of them though as they close. Might be worth using a chappie and use the points for another primus medicae for the other despoilers. I forget if our force org chart has 4 elites or just three off hand.

That's a cool list, 2500? I think your ground pounders will get the snot shot out of them though as they close. Might be worth using a chappie and use the points for another primus medicae for the other despoilers. I forget if our force org chart has 4 elites or just three off hand.

Nooo, no. 3k. 

It's very hard to shoot the snot out of 2 Spartans on their own, let alone with 3 dreadclaws crashing down immediately. 

One squad is inductii, the other squad is a Khârn Delivery System, so I'm not overly fussed with their survivability beyond getting one charge off.

I can also drop the Deredeo and Contemptor pod. This would give me ~450 points to play with to make any amendments. This is where I'd consider a 10 man culverin squad because the idea of vomiting 40 S6 Deflagrate shots excites me. I've had a lot of success with chargers, so culverins make me all tingly in anticipation of their indiscriminate use upon my Raven Guard foe. 

Edited by The God-Potato of Mankind

Ooops my vision is sucking this morning, I read the Spartans and was thinking Sicarians. You are right, hard to take both down, also why I was thinking 2500 hehe.

What's gwan gwan fams, I have finally gotten around to starting my BaC termies and I'm contemplating what to do with them. 

Seeing as the anti-infantry firepower seems very well catered for in my despoilers, I was thinking of dreadclaws with 5 man combi-melta/plas terminator teams?

Though I thought a sickening wave of terminators would be great in this list:

HQ

Chappy or Khârn

Gahlan Surlak

Troops

2x 15 Despoilers. Sarges with , artificer power axes & melta bombs

Elites

5 Cataphractii with combi-plas, 2x Chainfists, 3x Power fist, 1x Plasma blaster

5 Cataphractii with combi-plas, 2x Chainfists, 3x Power Fist, 1x Plasma blaster

5 Red Butchers, Devoured with chainfist & thunderhammer

Contempty-Cortus - Kheres

Fast

3x Dreadclaws

Heavy

Deredeo - ACs & Aiolos

2x FS/AC Spartans

With about 60 points to spare to further pimp here and there

4 dreadclaws means the combi-plas alpha strike goes down, followed by a Red Butchers & Contemptor, while 2 Spartans roll forward. Seems a scary list to me.

Additionally, I just got 10 culverins for a HS squad. My plan is to throw them backfield with an augury scanner to dissuade deep striking enemies by vomiting 40 S6 Deflagrate shots at them. Basically what I use the Deredeo for...but with more volume. I found the 7 shots on the Aiolos...disappointing.

Personally, I would not drop the red butchers because well, they're awesome. But I might consider losing the cortus contemptor - for me they just lose too much for the 40pts price drop (try and fit in a full contemptor?). I would keep the deredeo for its S8 shots and skyfire/interceptor potential. It might be worth removing the aiolos launcher but then again it looks so badass with it on.

In my great crusade/early heresy lists I put in a few heavy support squads as remnants of the classic legion structure. In my late heresy/full on descent into madness lists I put in a deredeo to fill the ranged support role. The fluff reason is the heavy weapon squads are long disbanded and this deredeo legionnary is like the last of them and/or being punished, so is interred in a dreadnought chassis to keep serving the XIIth.

The Deredeo is great, but I need volume of fire over high strength shots. I often fight deep striking Raven Guard, Terror Squads and Gal Vorbak. Drowning them in 40 S6 Delfagrate shots will aid me immeasurably more than 4 S8 shots. 

The Cortus was just to round the drop pod numbers, but with 3 I can get both combi-plasmas down turn 1 so I can swap it. 

My HS slot is so crowded it's brutally unfair :( 

The Deredeo is great, but I need volume of fire over high strength shots. I often fight deep striking Raven Guard, Terror Squads and Gal Vorbak. Drowning them in 40 S6 Delfagrate shots will aid me immeasurably more than 4 S8 shots. 

The Cortus was just to round the drop pod numbers, but with 3 I can get both combi-plasmas down turn 1 so I can swap it. 

My HS slot is so crowded it's brutally unfair :sad.:

Ah, that would make sense then. I suppose the cortus would be ok if they ran with weapons that didn't rely on BS as much...maybe dual grav or heavy flamers. But if you just need an extra pod then perhaps a deathwind?