[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

Why would it get bumped to 12? The Land Raider Phobos, even in 40k, is 10 Slots.

The Redeemer is 12 and the Crusader is 16. Both of which dont exist in 30k.

Depends on the Rite of War you're going with.

He's largely superfluous in a Berzerker Assault since we've get Hatred outside our deployment zone anyway, so he'd only be granting fearless.

I could see much more use for him in a combat squad in a Crimson Path army though. He'd make whatever squad he's with fighty as hell on top of the FnP.  

So I just finished reading Path of Heaven and my latest fad-desire is to incorporate some Emperor's Children into my World Eaters. 

I mean it's hugely overkill and overlapping function but I really want to have Eidolon & 10 Jump pack Palatines zipping up the board next to my Spartans. 

I've got a rough list which is Khârn, Gahlan, 30 Inductii in Spartans, Volkite Culverin HS squad allied with Eidolon, 10 Jump Pack Palatines and 10 Assault Marines for 2.5k roughly. It screams redundant to me but... I am so very tempted.

Jump packing it is going to make them a *huge* fire magnet.

With everything else you have either stowed in Spartans or out of easy range, Eidolon and his posse are going to catch every anti-infantry weapon that can't hurt anything until outside of your spartans.

I'm not saying don't do it, but I'd be very conscious of their positioning. Maybe try them as a counter assault unit? 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a pretty fun game yesterday against some salamanders...took the despoiler/Khârn/surlak blob and killed some marines and a praetor before getting turned into white, blue, and red paste by a bunch of thunder hamer wielding firedrakes.  That kind of target (S8 AP3 or better) i think is the only thing that blob will struggle against since the ID negates the FnP.

Drakes are Nasty, but if you win combat you get a good chance of sweeping them.

In the next turn i charged and swept them with my leviathan.  They knocked him down to 1hp but man, sweeping a 600 point unit was pretty awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

I've clocked in several games with the levi now and he is such a beast that i am thinking my original plan for running two of them at 2500pts might be a bit on the side of cheddar.  So last night i came up with this...

HQ

Khârn - Gorechild, Berserker Assault RoW

Gahlan Surlak

Praevian - Artificer, Refractor Field, Thunder Hammer, Melta Bombs

4x Vorax - Irad-Cleanser, Frag Grenades

Troops

15x Despoilers - Artificer/Power Fist Sarge, Vexilla

10x Tactical Marines - Artificer Sarge, Rhino

10x Tactical Marines - Artificer Sarge, Rhino

Fast Attack

2x Javelin Speeders - MultiMelta / Cyclone Missiles / 2x Hunter Killer

Heavy Support

Spartan - AC, Flare shield

Leviathan - Melta/Claw, Phosphex, AC, Dreadpod

Sicaran Battle Tank - Lascannons, AC

I'm replacing the 2nd levi and 3rd pod contemptor from my original list with a sicaran and a praevian/vorax unit.  I think the vorax unit will serve as another threat in the overall hammer/anvil theme.  The Levi drops in behind the enemy line, the spartan is charging up at them, and the vorax with their fleshbane, rad-phage template weapons apply immediate pressure between the two. Thoughts on this list and/or the cheese factor of running 2 Leviathans?

Um... I feel Like a jerk now, (cause he feels bad for two Levi's at 2500...) but since my list questions kinda relate to Guilty's... :D

Here's my 2500pt Orbital Assault:

HQ

Khârn w/ Bodyguard, 5x Chosen w/3 charnabal sabers, 2 power mauls, 5 combat shields, drop pod

Gahlan Surlak

Troops

10x Augmented Inductii, Sarge w/ artificer armor, power fist, drop pod

Fast Attack

Javelin Speeder - Lascannons, multimelta, 1 hunter killer

Heavy support

Leviathan Seige dreadnought w/ murder drill, melta lance, volkites, Phosphex, armored ceramite, drop pod

Leviathan Seige dreadnought w/ murder drill, melta lance, volkites, Phosphex, armored ceramite, drop pod

Leviathan Seige dreadnought w/ snippy claw, grav bombard, volkites, Phosphex, armored ceramite, drop pod

I've only used this once so far against a Mechanicum list where we essentially ground each other down to nothing. It was hilarious and terrific.

A couple of points I was thinking on as I tweak this list. I'd welcome some thoughts here.

- I realized early that whatever infantry comes down on that first turn drop is just going to get shredded, so I went for all three Levi's and an Inductii squad round 1. Didn't lose a single dread, but one did get kicked out of his pod when it exploded.

- I geared the dreads for anti-armor work which they were almost unfairly good at. Still want to kill a Knight in HtH though.

- I think the Inductii are all the anti-Infantry I need. Thallaxi are so much easier to put down with chainaxes, str5 and rage.

- I really miss Hatred across the board from Berzerker assault, but there isn't a practical way to fit in enough Dreadclaws for me to do anything close to this if I stuck with it.

Edited by Flint13

A couple thoughts...

I think you can save about 70pts by using CMLs on the Jav and dropping volkites from the Levis.  

The CMLs on the jav offer up 2 S8 shots (and the frag option if you find yourself fighting a horde army), so you can still beat up side/rear armor nearly as well as the lascannons and you have some built in mitigation of snap firing after jinking by having more shots.  

I've found that the volkites on a levi are a bit of overkill, especially when paired with the melta lances.  Any vehicles i shoot with the melta lance have died a firery death before the volkites  had a chance to toss a couple glances at them.  Since you are podding in, double flamer templates are going to mince infantry better than the volkites and also offer up some overwatch goodness.

Overall though, i like the lance/lance/grav loadout for three levis.  I just love the melta lance.  It murders everything and you get to say the phrase "Cyclonic Melta Lance" a lot, which is probably the coolest phrase in all of 40k.  Against mechanicum i might rock 2 snippy claws and 1 drill or maybe all claws, thats another 10pts you could put in the point pool.  If you have pre-knowledge of your enemy and know you will be fighting a bunch of AV14 or SHs, then i'd make the murder drill switch.

So you could have 80pts to spend, which could buy a 2nd javelin.  If you can find another 5pts you could give that 2nd jav a multi melta.

Re: RoWs...

You could swap the pods for Rhinos and run BA, though rhinos aren't super great for inductii, but it might be worth trying out to see how well it works (or doesn't work).

The only thing i would be worried about is fighting an army with reserve shennanigans like alpha legion (or if the air superiority rule makes its way into 30k).

Edited by Guiltysparc

Hi all, so I'm new to HH and looking at a WE Loyalist army based around Endryd Haar using the Bezerker RoW, Right now i'm looking at a 1750 list (because of my gaming groups tendency to play at that value-ish). Currently I'm looking at a core of around 1160 points in the form of 3 15 man despoiler squads with vexillas, AA sarges with Power weapons and power weapon AA apothecaries for each, along with Haar in one of the blobs. The idea is that Haar will use his trait to scout the three despoiler squads who can then proceed to murder most of what they come into contact with. I'm thinking of axes on the apothecaries and sergeants though to deal with annoying terminators. Maybe meltabombs too in case of contemptors

So I've got a few questions,

1)Is this a reliable setup for Despoilers

2)What could you guys recommend for support for this? I'm thinking a Laser vindicator or two for anti tank and maybe a few Contemptors, devs maybe?

Just had a thought, would a legion Herald be worthwhile?

Edited by Exark

Apothecaries can only take swords as a power weapon option unless something changed I don't know about... the squads on foot can be resilient to small arms but if your meta consists of lots of str8 pie plates with ap3 or better those squads will die quickly, so ymmv there.