[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

^Tell me about it, man.

I have assault marines in my To Buy basket right now. ASSAULT MARINES.

That still feels weird to say out loud.

... well type, same diff. 

Oooooook, so here are my initial musing.  A couple overarching things,  Khârn, Surlak, and the 15 Despoilers are going into the spartan in each list.  This is an 1850pt list for a 40k tournament that allows HH armies.  One interesting side note about that is that i think the Inductii will just lose obsec, rather than be completely non-scoring, but i have a question out to the TO about that.

#0 - Original List:

Khârn - Gorechild, Berserker Assault

Gahlan Surlak

15x Despoilers - Vexilla, Artificer Armor, Power Fist

10x Tac Marines - Artificer Armor, Rhino

2x Javelin Speeder - MultiMelta, 2x Hunter Killer Missiles

Spartan - Armored Ceramite, Flare Shield

Leviathan - Melta lance, Snippy Claw, Phospex, Amorored Ceramite, Dreadpod

#1 - Quad Mortar Version - The new points spread put my original list at 1800, so i shaved 10pts by dropping one HK off each javelin and added in the thud gun for some covering fire.

Gahlan Surlak

1x Rapier Quad Mortar

2x Javelin Speeder - MultiMelta, 1x Hunter Killer Missile

#2 - Inductii and Walking Levi - made the two vanilla tac squads into inductii, put one in a phobos and the other in a dreadclaw, then took the Levi's pod and AC away. This one seems like it would be FUN but i'm not sure if replacing a droppod levi with droppod inductii will provide the same level of hammer/anvil that i had before...but the unit of inductii in the phobos adds an additional hammer (though slightly smaller).

Another cool thing with this list is that between the tanks, levi, and speeder is can put put 9 S9 shots backed up by 5 S8 shots on the first turn to soften up light armor heavy armies (like gladius lists).  

Gahlan Surlak

10x Inductii  

10x Inductii  

1x Dreadclaw Drop Pod

1x Javelin Speeder - MultiMelta, 2x Hunter Killer Missiles

Leviathan - Melta lance, Murder Drill, Phospex, 2x Volkite Calivers

Land Raider Phobos

#3 - Assault Marine Options - First whack at trying to fit in some jump marines.  I think i would only go this route if we got some plastics assault marines.  This is the original list with one of the tac squads swapped for a 15 man assault squad and having dropped AC off the spartan.  I feel like the assault marines in this list would just be hanging out between the spartan and rhino and probably killed pretty quickly, so i'm not super sure about this one.

Gahlan Surlak

15x Assault Marines - Artificer Armor, Melta Bomb (Sargent)

10x Tac Marines - Rhino

Spartan - Flare Shield

Last but not least, if the TO confirms that inductii will simply lose ObSec i would be inclined to make all of the tac squads (other than Khârn's squad) inductii in each list because it seems like a no-brainer trade off with obsec.

Edited by Guiltysparc

Honestly, i'd go for the first or 2nd to last list.

But, tbh, If you take any Inductii's, give the sarge a Power Fist for S10 Ap2 hits.

Since youll be playing 40k where Av12-13 is more prevalent than Av14 and where MCs are much more common (nids and tau), they might end up being invaluable additions to helping punch (heh) those threats out.

I went back and numbered them for ease of reference...so you like #1 or 2 the best?  I was leaning towards those two also.  

The alure of the S10 death puncher is strong, but i feel like taking that also necessitates giving him artificer armor also, so thats a 25pt squeeze i need to work around.  I was actually thinking that the change to chainaxes made the powerfist inductii a a little less valueable but then again, S10 is high heat.

Well, in your first list, since youre at 1800 of 1850, 2 pops of 25 for each squad and bam, youre squared off.

#0 and #2 being the ones that interest me the most.

Edited by Slipstreams

Ah, i gotcha...ya, that wouldn't be a bad idea.  That puts the inductii in non-assault vehicals but i don't that would stop them from murdering punching things too much.  And actually, that list already have the artificer armor on those sargents, so i would still have 20pts to spread around...maybe vexillas in those squads?  Or i could drop the rhinos and put apothecaries into those units or make the unit bigger and have them foot slog ?  

Something like this maybe...power fists and vexillas all around, +melta bombs on the non-inductii sargent.

Gahlan Surlak

15x Despoilers - Vexilla, Artificer Armor, Power Fist, Melta Bombs (Sargent)
10x Inductii - Vexilla, Artificer Armor, Power Fist, Rhino
10x Inductii - Vexilla, Artificer Armor, Power Fist, Rhino

Edited by Guiltysparc

So i think i'm sold on the Inductii operating under the non-Obsec assumption.  Thoughts on the modified #0 (inductii in rhinos, drop pod levi) and #2 (walking levi, rushing inducti in LR and dreadclaw)?

#0b -

Gahlan Surlak

15x Despoilers - Vexilla, Artificer Armor, Power Fist, Melta Bombs (Sargent)
10x Inductii - Vexilla, Artificer Armor, Power Fist, Rhino
10x Inductii - Vexilla, Artificer Armor, Power Fist, Rhino

#2 -

Gahlan Surlak

15x Despoilers - Vexilla
10x Inductii  - Artificer Armor, Power Fist (These go in the dreadclaw)
10x Inductii  - Artificer Armor, Power Fist (These go in the Land Raider)

1x Dreadclaw Drop Pod
1x Javelin Speeder - MultiMelta, 1x Hunter Killer Missiles

Spartan - Flare Shield
Leviathan - Storm Cannon, Snippy Claw, Phospex, 2x Volkite Calivers
Land Raider Phobos

I took the armor and power fist from the regular Sargent and gave it to one of the Inductii sargents, i think thats a better use of it.  I am thinking Khârn's unit is killy enough without the S8 punching.  Though i feel like i'm losing a lot of anti-armor by dropping  a javelin and switching my leviathan over from metla lance and drop pod to walking around with the storm cannon...but maybe not since i'm adding the lascannons on the raider...not sure about that.

Edited by Guiltysparc

List #2 hands down. 

I've played despoilers in both rhinos and land raider phobos. There is no substitute for a land raider to fire Inductii out of like little chainaxe wielding missiles. You tell yourself when you're making the list "eh, they'll be ok not having an assault vehicle." 

But honestly it never works nearly as well when the practical hits the table. Having your World Eaters forced to sit around gormlessly for a turn while they're minced by xenos shooting is miserable and I don't wish it on anyone.

And yes, your Inductii will be mincing Xenos with aplomb. It's what I used to have fun doing with Khârn back when WE got Furious Charge after winning an assault. Now Khârn doesn't get furious charge... actually its really weird that we can't get furious charge when we seem like we should be the furious charge legion... but ya know, I'm kinda ok with that. 

I love your zeal for carnage and i think i like the idea of #2 better also, though i am sad about losing the leviathan's drop pod (which is my main hang up when look at the two lists).  Maybe once i play test it a little bit i won't miss it as much...or maybe the fun of drop pod inductii will make up for it, lol.

^If you tossed the Jav, phospex and volkites, it'd be enough for dreadpod. 

Dunno if it would be worth it... it would put your Levi into a much better position to get work done. I'd want to trade out for a Melta lance though. You look a little light on anti-tank even at 1850. 

Ya, the levithan and javelins are my principle anti-armor elements in that list and i'm pulling points out of them to bring the Inductii.   I could also change one of those inductii squads back to a regular tactical squad and give the dreadpod and lance/drill combo back to the levi.  Keeping the inductii in the Land Raider will give me a two hammer attack with the Spartan in front of the drop pod leviathan.  That might be a bit more balanced overall.  Something like this...

Gahlan Surlak

15x Despoilers - Vexilla
10x Inductii  - Artificer Armor, Power Fist 
10x Tac Marines - Rhino

1x Javelin Speeder - MultiMelta, 2x Hunter Killer Missiles

Spartan - Flare Shield
Leviathan - Melta Lance, Snippy Claw, Phospex, Dreadpod
Land Raider Phobos

Edited by Guiltysparc

When reading your first few posts, I was just about to put get some lr/anvilus in there...

Then I see you have

This, all day. Get your inductii charging out of a transport. Your a world eaters god damnit

I'd most likely go 2 extra pods though so you can round up to 2 dropping in turn 1

Or ditch the 3rd tac squad for an assault squad

Guys, I tried something today completely spur of the moment. 

A few hours before heading to a game against my Word Bearer opponent, I figured out I had enough spare marines around to try a flamer support squad. 175pts, 10 guys, 10 flamers, 10 free chainaxes.

I gotta say, it was magical. One squad of 10 bloodletters killed on overwatch and one squad of Gal Vorbak trimmed from 5 to 2, only kill 2 support marines, then beaten down by the remaining tactical support marines with hatred and chain axes.

Give it a try. It is hilarious. Or try out volkite maybe, since they're a free upgrade now. 

Do support squads get ccws for free?? That's kind of awesome.

I think I am leaning towards my half inductii list (inductii in phobos, levi in pod).

Well, they now have the option to buy extra CCW for +2ppm.

After that we enter the "Can of Worms" that is World Eaters getting free Chain Axes if they have access to Chainswords (and I swear to god if we go down this road, I will melta indiscriminately)