[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

^Oh, sorry I should have clarified.

My gaming group have been running it as "free chainaxes regardless" since Betrayal.

Mileage with your individual group may vary. At worst though, 20pts.

Edited by Flint13

Rumours of the +1S being a typo :ph34r:

But it could just be some people being salty :P

Pfffft. Gonna play that the way it is stated in the Red Book untill another one arrives no matter what.

That is the only real buff WE got in years and that is a typo?

I don't think so. ;)

Haha, those puns. Let's not get jimmies rustled thou ^_^

But yeah, I wouldn't sweat it much. The only evidence so far is pretty (generously) vague at best.

If it is legit a typo, no worries there either.

I was doing just fine with Betrayal era World Eaters. I've been through the hard times :lol

^Eh, like I said, super vague at best.

Let's not propagate possibly unfounded salty hijinks and enjoy ourselves with what we have now. 

Don't think beyond the precise moment of axe-meet-loyalist-skull. 'Tis the World Eater way :lol

Don't forget to wave as you pass through the collarbone :) in all seriousness however I finally have a use for support squads as the mobile firebase in lists to tenderize units before despoiler units hit

Dude, tac support squads can do both now :D

I'm still on the fence whether I want to go with flamers or volkite chargers now though. UGH!

The only problem I see with volkite vs the more defensive flamers is that its easy to put yourself out of charge range.

Then again, with using flamers defensively, totally giving up the charge bonuses that make WE so delish. 

Yeah I see the support squads charge as more of a way to counter charge or dog pile a combat so I stick with something like volkite for those reasons... but the flamer is seriously tempting

Maybe the good folks at FW recognized that S+1 chainaxes are a balancing factor and a drop in the bucket considering how *bananas* so many of the ranged weapons in 30K and 40K are. Typhons and quad-launchers and Tau are things too.

So I've probably got a 4 man game on Saturday myself and Ninjaman's 4th legion against my guess is 40k wolves and something else I'm not sure what yet... ninja typically runs a pride or chosen duty list depends on points and what he wants to bring his core is 2 veteran tactical squads sniper and ML a tyrant unit, pravein with 2 Castelax quad mortar battery and he bounces around between his fire raptor or tanks... knowing his tendencies what would you guys recommend for a world eaters force to capitalize on that list

Well, if a power axe is +2 a chainaxe should be. The powerfield is represented by the AP2.

Though that would be trying to apply logic to warhammer. I hope it's not a typo :(

Watchu talkin' bout? Might want to check your power axe statline mate :) Edited by IronDrake28