[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

Phobos pistols are the coolest of all pistols. Hrrrrrrrrrrnn.... dang it! Need more money and time.

I mean, if one of your kidneys suddenly go missing followed by a lump sum of cash being deposited into your account, you'll definitely have both time and money as you recover at the hospital ;)

(dont actually sell a kidney)

Curently I have all my marines done up the same (despoilers) but use a unit regularly as inductii.

Do you think it's worth maybe painting the ring if the base brown to distinguish them or just telling people is cool? The only time I can see it being an issue is in a joint combat with another of my squads (but can always do the whole turn them to face the other thing)

I've playtested them... I don't mess with anything but axes and chain fist world eaters destroy 3+ with dice alone I've always found the best targets for butchers to be anything that either you need AP2 to reliably kill, multi wound terminators who don't tote fists etc, and monstrous creatures.

They do their best work against tac squads... If you pit them up against other Death Stars, they tend to do the work but die horribly too. In the end khorne wins as he cares not form where the blood flows

But I never leave home without them. 26 attacks on the charge re-rolling to hit, re-rolling 1's to wound and I'm going to be using a forgeworld with them so they will be wounding on 2's with a re-roll

Much satisfying

Edited by Fangbanger

So.... talking about tactics.

We put lots and lots of Tactical Marines in transports like Land Raiders and toss them at the front hoping the best, do we not?

*clears his throat and grabs his electric guitar*

Well the thing to remember is that we're just as good at all the normal legion stuff as everyone else. 

We're just leaps and bounds better when it comes to melee :lol:

In the last couple games i've played there has been some reason for the opponent to move across the board (ie, objectives in the middle) and so i've been slow rolling my tanks on the first turn so i can fire all the lascannons (regular 6" move then PotMS) and then setting up the turn 2 assault based on enemy movement towards me.  I got some pretty good synergy with my land raider helping my DDP Leviathan pop a transport and then murderizing the insides with the Levi on the charge in the last game i played.  The Levi wouldn't have been able to kill the transport on its own so it worked out pretty well.

As for the Butchers, I have no experience with them so don't pay me much mind, however... That "hit me on 3+" thing absolutely blows. It's fluffy as all get-out, sure, but against the horde of chainfists that I'd be throwing them at, I feel like I'd be better off hurling ~20 Inductii at 'em to undoubtedly kill a few at I4.

And another thing: What are Despoilers? I've scoured nearly every HH book including LACAL and don't see a unit called Despoilers. Are they just vets with CC weapons or something?

Edited by Venomlust

The only way to roll... Don't need no bolter where we're going...

Going back to butchers, this is why I think they are really good wit a paragon preator. He can strike at i5 with 7 ap2 attacks (charging, digi lasers) to drop a couple of terminators then the butchers follow. Just avoid things like fire drakes etc... But yeah, if your up against another unit of terminators with fists then it's going to be an eye for an eye and really, they want to be ripping into high number tac squads/elite units with 3+ to do real damage

Be interesting to see the maths on 5 butchers, 15 chain axe marines and 15 inductii vs MEQ and TEQ

That being said my devoured also has a couple of super heavy kills to his name with that sweet sweet

Armourbane

There's also the phsycological game with the butchers, people :cuss themselves. Plop a Spartan with butchers and a Spartan with Angron/despoilers then that's some tough decisions your openent has to make

Edited by Fangbanger

Ah Angron, Red Butchers and a Spartan.

No kill like overkill :lol: but seriously, I feel like that's a terrible waste of points allocation.