The Legion for you... Community Assistance Thread

Hyaenidae

Iron Hands are sick rules to be fair. I just reread the bit in Fulgrim while waiting for potatoes to boil where Fulgrim tells Ferrus about his plan to turn traitor and i was like "Oh man, Ferrus is cool".

This is literally impossible, i have set a deadline for myself for tonight to decide, because i get paid this time next week and ordering needs to be done. So i need to decide on a Legion, THEN decide what to buy for the bastads.

Fire Golem, what have you gone with? Legion wise?

Well currently I'm sitting on Sons Of Horus, Word Bearers and Night Lords but like you I have to wait to order them, and decide what I'm gonna order, and there's a risk I'll change my mind between now and then.

Haha this doesn't get any easier does it...

Was gonna say congrats to Fire Golem for deciding on a legion...till the bit where mentions changing minds lol

And frostmourne, tonight for a desicion. ..lol you know your brain will be sweating at that...do you think you can do it though?

I keep pestering the family for what they think...the missus just looks at me with that "really..this again" look, and bless the kids they say "do the "worm" eaters dad" lol..

And thank you Brother captain lucian for your appreciation of my minis..one day I might have a whole army to show

TONIGHT! IT SHALL BE!

I have decided to do it Logicaly. Step by Step, and see how that works out.

Each Legion, i mean literally all 18, start at 0 points

Each Legion gets 1 points, if i like their fluff

Each Legion gets 1 point, if i like their Primarch

Each Legion gets 1 point, if they have FW models

Each Legion gets 1 point, if i LIKE those models

Each Legion gets 1 point, if i want their playstyle

Each Legion gets 1 point, if they have FW rules

Each Legion gets 1 point, if that Legion is unrepresented locally.

Each Legion gets 1 point, if i think i could reasonably paint them.

Something like that.

Lets see.

3 pretty sweet Legions. May i ask what you bought for each of them as starting purchases? And what was it briefly that appealed to you?

I haven't bought anything yet, except for extermination and massacre. When I get paid next Friday, I'm gonna get Betrayal, and some models. But I can't decide on what yet. Maybe Ashen Circle, maybe Gal Vorbak, maybe Reavers, maybe some Tac Marines and SoH upgrade stuff. Dunno yet.

Haha, just finished, and i have 2 Legions on Max Points, Iron Hands and Salamanders.

Then i have two on 7, Luna Wolves (Missing out because now the SoH are being locally represented), and Emperors Children (Missing out because i dont believe i could plaint them properly, AAND i do have some doubts about Fulgrim being awesome but certainly enough scope in Customisation within the Legion to look amazing)

Interestingly I have dismissed Salamanders completely, not because i do not love them, i do, But i had already decided to do a small force of them later on and im happy with that. So logically we are back to Iron Hands. But still..

3 pretty sweet Legions. May i ask what you bought for each of them as starting purchases? And what was it briefly that appealed to you?

I haven't bought anything yet, except for extermination and massacre. When I get paid next Friday, I'm gonna get Betrayal, and some models. But I can't decide on what yet. Maybe Ashen Circle, maybe Gal Vorbak, maybe Reavers, maybe some Tac Marines and SoH upgrade stuff. Dunno yet.

Maybe once we have decided, we should have a thread where we have a little hobby challenge to inspire and enthuse eachother

Haha, just finished, and i have 2 Legions on Max Points, Iron Hands and Salamanders.

Then i have two on 7, Luna Wolves (Missing out because now the SoH are being locally represented), and Emperors Children (Missing out because i dont believe i could plaint them properly, AAND i do have some doubts about Fulgrim being awesome but certainly enough scope in Customisation within the Legion to look amazing)

Interestingly I have dismissed Salamanders completely, not because i do not love them, i do, But i had already decided to do a small force of them later on and im happy with that. So logically we are back to Iron Hands. But still..

Maybe once we have decided, we should have a thread where we have a little hobby challenge to inspire and enthuse eachother

That's a good idea, I think we should do that. Will definitely motivate me more :)

I cant actually put my finger on it, or what it is, but here is the thing.

If i see the pic of Ferrus from FW on the website, OR, i see the pic of the 5 man Mk3 squad all painted, Im like yes, thats cool, thats very Iron Hands.

But when you see EC, or Ultramarine heroes or commanders, they look SOO awesome. Plumed helms, epic stances, beautiful artisan armour, etc. And with Iron Hands, they hate all that crap, the most designer they go is like Cog Motif on their shoulder pads. Yes that makes its own style, i just find it very..uniform and quite..just not as aesthetically appealing as a heroic looking hero from a heroic chapter.

I dont know where this came from, its never been a problem before haha.

And Fire Golem i am totally up for that! Maybe we could get some more and make it a 4 player sort of jobby. See what we can muster. If you had to pin down to one Legion now, what does yoru heart and head say first?

Sons of Horus:

Awesome models, with a unique style to their armour and such

Awesome colour scheme

I really really like Horus as a character, in the novels where he's a main character. He always seems really well written and human, and clever.

Word Bearers:

Models again, the Gal Vorbak are some of my favourite models ever.

Colours, get to try 2 different schemes (grey and crimson)

I love how they've been represented in the BL books. Argal Tal is my favourite character. I hate Erebus though. But I never had any interest til I read First Heretic, which I think is my favourite book.

Night Lords:

Awesome colour scheme

I love their fluff, and I love Curze

Lots of room for modelling/personalisation

It's not even that I prefer the first two, it's that I prefer them at the moment...

Of the three I think the Night Lords actually sound most fun in game. Any of them would be fun to paint...

I doubt I'll stick to one even when I decide haha.

I've been planning next months purchases all evening haha, constantly adding and removing stuff from my basket. I was thinking about doing Sons of Horus and Night Lords allies, and a separate Word Bearers force. But that still doesn't help with where to start...

Well, thats a start. how about putting in your mind a points cost to start with, so say 1500 SoH and 500 NL, for a start, or something?

So starting in a very generic way, couple of 10 man squads, rhinos, a hero or Loken or a representation of one of the names character, something like that? If SoH is going to be the main bulk, then start with them?

I'm probably gonna start with the Sons of Horus yeah, or at least that's the plan atm. I was gonna get some SoH and some WB, but I guess if I'm doing SoH/NL allies, it would make sense to either just get SoH or SoH and some NL. I really want some Ashen Circle but it'll just distract from the others I guess... I also need to get Betrayal. I would just get the LACAL book but Betrayal has the SoH in it...

Yeah I have Massacre and Extermination, and they're gorgeous. Really get what you pay for. So I want betrayal to complete the set, so I may as well get it now. So in my basket atm I have Betrayal, 5 MkII, 5 MkIV and 10 umbra bolters.

Yeah was going to, when I properly decide... I'm definitely leaning towards SoH atm though. I'd like to get the head set too but it's slowly edging towards being too much money haha

With the heads and the pads it's like £164, I'll see how much I get paid, cos I've done a bit of overtime, might be able to swing it.

Archived