Regiments of the B&C: Treads & Thrusters

Kierdale

Good to see work starting in earnest and great work Kilo, you sneaked that in quick! :D Congratulations on the first completion :tu:

I've started work on my Chimera, but I'll be waiting until it is ready for priming before posting the WIP :)

I've got bad news with regards to my chimera...I lost the turret, think I just earned myself service in a Penal Battalion!

I'd be happy to still carry on turret-less but totally understand it this disqualifies me.:unsure:

That's most unfortunate!

What are your plans for the model? Buying a. FW heavy flamer turret?

If you can scratchbuild something -even temporary- to go where the turret should be, you could still complete the event.

Using a spare turret cupola attached (not glued ;) ) and having a guardsman standing there with a heavy flamer in hand, for example ;)

I'm actually thinking of buying a Forgeworld Autocannon turret, the model has the turret assembly set back. Kind of like a Warrior IFV.
It's a long running conversion project of mine to provide armour support for my elysians/stormtroopers.

Hopefully the picture I eventually get round to uploading will make all clear smile.png
May make it a bit of squeeze to fit in with deadline but life in the guard ain't supposed to be easy!

(I'm currently writing my thesis for university. 10,000/15,000 words at the moment.
Deadline is 8th of September, plenty of time!)

FLGS was having an awesome sale so I picked myself up a Prime. Since I want to make sure the inside is painted as well, I'm painting and assembling it at the same time. So here's my official vow! (Partially together)

15039080795_4025886ebf_c.jpg

There's plenty of time to finish the challenge Forlorne so don't sacrifice anything for it ;) I got the HF FW turret out I've had for years but ironically I'm not going to use it now. I might just paint it up anyway so it can be put on any Chimera :)

Kilo, that is an awesome piece of work!  Where did the wheels come from? Great stuff! Stunning army and 2 Knights to boot!

Credit goes to Moustache whom I imitated. Wheels are from ebay Blood & Skulls.

It's worth doing, there aren't too many details to paint inside and having the doors open is cool smile.png

I've done some work and my Chimera is about ready for the WIP shot biggrin.png Need to check a few things though, had to do a bit of bodging and I won't be able to see if it worked until the glue has set. If not I should be able to pin it, either way I'll have it posted before the day is out thumbsup.gif

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/temporary-87.jpg

One Vendetta Gunship hot 'n' primed! I hereby vow to complete this Vendetta before the specified time. Failure to do so will bring dishonour to my regiment of filthy xeno-lovers, and deliver a pox unto my cattle.

Yes you do, but you've plenty of other work to be doing first :P

Yeeees.

On the one hand I've been doing models for events a lot this year and want to have a break from that.

On the other hand it wouldn't be that hard to make a board for my IG. The models themselves are done (if just add the riders once they're painted) I just need to make the board. Would be a good chance to show off the full army...

Then again I'd need to find a new way to do the 'mud' base. I usually paint the bases a beige and then give them one or two coats of Agrax Earthshade. I actually did that for the 20x20 diorama and went through 90% of a new pot of Agrax :( Not somehow I could repeat on a larger diorama base.

Perhaps choose a brown closer to the colour of Agrax, then drybrush the beige for a similar finish...

Anyway, enough thinking aloud! :D

The bad weather's gone so I should be able to undercoat the riders tonight.

Archived