Seeking Volunteers

Inspired by WarriorFish's "Semper's Heroes" veteran squad, I've decided to represent members of our forum in an Inquisitorial warband, and other places in my Inquisition/Militarum Tempestus army.

First of all, I'm seeking two volunteers to be the two Valkyrie piliots. I'll give them unique Top Gun style helmets. So who here sees himself as a Valkyrie pilot and what should I put on his helmet to represent your online persona?

Pssstt.... I'm pretty sure the Imperium consigns and drafts, instead of 'requests', heh. laugh.png

Anyhow, I'm pretty sure I'm a possessed Daemonhost. teehee.gif

14382793657_7dd9b06a92_c.jpg

A daemonhost is a bit radical for a Lord Inquisitor Soulis, but I think you'd make a nice penitent psyker, Kilofix.

In that case, I would embrace being a penitent psyker,....

....who dreams of being a Daemonhost teehee.gif

Well, IRL I am a pilot... Captain Sox was my cat. I loved him so, and I never stopped talking about him. All my aviator friends gave him the nickname (his real name was just Sox).

Well as an aircraft tech, I don't do front line and scowl and pilots who break the planes.......

We don't break the planes... we just test the limits. laugh.png

With more than 2,000 hours as an aircraft 'passenger' - I would say that planes are no problem.

But helos, on the other hand, I'm pretty sure their Machine Spirit is trying to kill everyone from day one.

I think I should be ok and content sitting in the back of a Valkyrie though. Unless I Perils and spontaneously combust. laugh.png

Well the Valk fills up fast since I have no door gunners. So we can consider the foot slogging warband open for volunteers.

Sviar is the sniper in Semper's Heroes no? I could model him the same but with a bolt gun. Otherwise give me some suggestions for your pilot helmet.

Commander moustache I'll definitely make you a foot slogging =][= henchman (how does a bolter acolyte sound?) with one of the Scion moustache/beret heads.

This one suit you?

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/images/militarium_tempestus_scion_beret_head_3_large.jpg

Or the Fu Man Chu?

Sviar is the sniper in Semper's Heroes no? I could model him the same but with a bolt gun. Otherwise give me some suggestions for your pilot helmet.

Is it doable to draw some music notes and a snake on the helmet?

Considering WarriorsFishs story my mini was the one with a red beret holding a bloody sword, at least thats what I thought.

Does your warband includes close combat? I wanna be a crusader for protecting others but if your henchmen doesn't include one, i wouldn't mind being a blood thirsting, insane death cult assassin!

Gentlemen: The acolytes will be based off of Cadian models, with -- for the most part -- a standard/old school Inquisitorial scheme with dark red uniforms and black armour. But there is room for personalization, so please give me a suggestion of something like a head-swap or a piece of kit that you think would make the model "you". For example, Commander Moustache gets a head swap with a sweet moustache (see posts #11 and 12).

@Sviar -- yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. What base colour do you fancy for the helmet?

@march10k -- the only codices I'm using are Inquisition and Militarum Tempestus for this project, so the only "tanks" available would be the Chimerae and Rhino. This henchmen squad will be driving a Rhino, so if that's tank enough for you, I could have you sticking out the top hatch. I can give you a red beret no problem (got tons of beret heads from the 5 boxes of Scions).

For WarriorFish a Comissar-type is my plan. I was thinking that he will be the guy watching the penitent witch (Kilofix) with pistol at the ready. I will likely use the commissar model that comes with the Tempestus Storm Scions box set as a base, or maybe the Cadian officer pulling a pistol from his holster from the FW Cadian Hazardous Environment (I've got two of those kicking round).

@librisrouge -- Well, the Land Raider is finished and all the hatches glued down, so I can't add you to that. So you're options are to run as a bolter acolyte or a plasma acolyte, though I could give the model somewhat of a tanker feel I think using bitz box stuff. Use a tanker head, maybe even one of the armour-less tanker bodies (just for example).

@emperors immortals -- don't really need a gunner I'm afraid as I like to keep my vehicles as cheap as possible so don't add pintle-mounted guns. Although you'd be perfect for a heavy stubber if I was adding one. Could maybe have you as an Acolyte lugging around a heavy stubber as counts-as storm bolter Roadblock-style?

@Elmo -- we've got a need for more bolter acolytes and plasma gunners ... I can do you up as one of those, and what should we do to make that acolyte more Elmo-like? Maybe a choco-chip camo cloak? msn-wink.gif

@Dark Apostle XVII -- great! Any suggestions on what we can do to personalize him a bit?

So let's just do a quick rundown of what we've got ...

Valkyrie Pilot - Captain Sox

Valkyrie Co-Pilot - Sviar

Rhino Driver - march10k

Acolyte/Commissar-in-training - WarriorFish

Penitent Witch - Kilofix

Bolter Acolyte - Commander Moustache

Bolter/Plasma Acolyte - librisrouge

Storm Bolter Acolyte? -- emperors immortals

Bolter Acolyte -- Elmo

Bolter/Plasma Acolyte -- Dark Apostle XVII

... so we've got three spots left to cram them into a rhino. The squad as planned needs a Crusader (to tank wounds) plus a couple more Acolytes.

Kierdale hasn't responded yet, but as one of our fearless leaders I'll slot him him. I'm thinking someone with some Empire bits to represent a guy from Kiersdale's World unless there are other suggestions.

EDIT: @bionicman -- I was writing my post when you wrote yours. We do need a Crusader, so consider yourself hired for the job. Any suggestions on what I could add to the model to make it specific to you?

A plasma/bolter gunner sounds good with the cigar smoking head if you have it. If not then the sunglasses head as that plasma can get damn bright you know. Or how about the sniper as you get this with a cloak ;)

It must have chocochip somewhere but I will leave that to you.

Is it doable to draw some music notes and a snake on the helmet?

Considering WarriorsFishs story my mini was the one with a red beret holding a bloody sword, at least thats what I thought.

Yep, that's you smile.png

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out - surely it will be the greatest squad of acolytes ever assembled? :D

Scatmandoo and lionofjudah have been faithful followers of my PLOG for this project (which has now been moved to its proper home, here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/294433-the-road-to-astronomi-con-2015-plog/), so I'm going to hold the final two slots for them. Just let me know in this thread if either of you have a preference for plasma/bolter/something else, and what ideas you have to make the acolyte clearly you.

Well the Valk fills up fast since I have no door gunners. So we can consider the foot slogging warband open for volunteers.

Commander moustache I'll definitely make you a foot slogging =][= henchman (how does a bolter acolyte sound?) with one of the Scion moustache/beret heads.

This one suit you?

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/images/militarium_tempestus_scion_beret_head_3_large.jpg

Or the Fu Man Chu?

http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s637/Wolf_Bain_Skyhunter/image201309210001_zps6073f10a.jpg

I think that will do fine with a little green stuff on the chin

Archived