Seeking Volunteers

Hmmmm ... Captain Sox you may have to be the front pilot then with a helmet like this one perhaps:

http://i.cbc.ca/1.2521753.1405325806!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_620/image.jpg

I accept! Though I never flew jets. unless you count turboprops... I am honoured to be a part of this!

Gentlemen: The acolytes will be based off of Cadian models, with -- for the most part -- a standard/old school Inquisitorial scheme with dark red uniforms and black armour. But there is room for personalization, so please give me a suggestion of something like a head-swap or a piece of kit that you think would make the model "you". For example, Commander Moustache gets a head swap with a sweet moustache (see posts #11 and 12).

EDIT: @bionicman -- I was writing my post when you wrote yours. We do need a Crusader, so consider yourself hired for the job. Any suggestions on what I could add to the model to make it specific to you?

AWESOM-O! Enemies of the imperium, beware!

Any other head than the standard one would do, but if impossible at least the head _with_ the hood please. God I hate these. Speaking of heads, if you have a spare eldar or necron or tau head, could you place on the ground (base) near the sword? You know like beheaded. Hating these xenos too, ja!

@march10k -- the only codices I'm using are Inquisition and Militarum Tempestus for this project, so the only "tanks" available would be the Chimerae and Rhino. This henchmen squad will be driving a Rhino, so if that's tank enough for you, I could have you sticking out the top hatch. I can give you a red beret no problem (got tons of beret heads from the 5 boxes of Scions).

How about a black beret?  Those were adopted by tankers in WWI.  The lack of a brim made it easy to get one's eye up to a gunsight, and the black color hid the grease stains!

If you have an enginseer or a even a jokaero (converted as who wants a monkey) open I'll take it if not an acolyte sounds good.

A plasma acolyte with the bandaged arm and scar face could be good?

I feel honoured that you would include me though.

Cheers Nico!! :D would love the Plasma Gun, and maybe a balaclava with a gas mask if possible? As I make a point of equipping all my Guard with masks and balaclavas are cool.

I honestly have no idea if there is a GW/3rd party head the right scale with a balaclava, but if sculpting one is too much trouble just a normal helmet is fine.

As for the gas mask, there are some in the command squad box if you have them spare, if not I may do. Just the mask part is fine as if you clip the tube/chest pack off it means the head can be positioned better.

Thanks again!!

I'd be honored to be included in any way. Generally, I favor shooting, more shooting, shooting from far away, and shooting with more dakka. Bolters or Plasma work fine for me, providing suppression fire while the rest of the group advances upon the hated heretics and xenos.

@Sviar -- I was thinking that the snake would be green, although I suppose I could do a green helmet with a brown snake?

@Bionicman -- I won't be using the GW Crusader model at all, the crusader in my henchmen squads look like my other Inquisition Troops (based off Cadians with forgeworld heads and backpacks). See my Road to Astronomi-con thread, post #15 here to see what my first crusader looks like: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/294433-the-road-to-astronomi-con-2015-plog/?p=3768094; so using that as a basis, what is your request to make it more "Bionicman"?

@scatmandoo -- unfortunately I find Jokaero too expensive for what they do, although I could make one just for you, with the caveat that it might not see the table too much. What did you have in mind for a conversion? Failing that, I think the plasmaguns are taken by lionofjudah and Dark Apostle at this point.

@Captain Helion, librisrouge and Idlem -- sorry chaps, I'm full up at the moment, but given the response I think I'll have to do another henchman squad after the first one's finished.

EDIT: It's like you read my mindbiggrin.png I was suggesting that colour you've painted, so that I could have a green snake on it. I visited this thread before your PLOG, hence this edited post.

Wait a minute, do you have a hired psyker reading the members minds?laugh.png

@Sviar -- I was thinking that the snake would be green, although I suppose I could do a green helmet with a brown snake?

@Bionicman -- I won't be using the GW Crusader model at all, the crusader in my henchmen squads look like my other Inquisition Troops (based off Cadians with forgeworld heads and backpacks). See my Road to Astronomi-con thread, post #15 here to see what my first crusader looks like: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/294433-the-road-to-astronomi-con-2015-plog/?p=3768094; so using that as a basis, what is your request to make it more "Bionicman"?

@scatmandoo -- unfortunately I find Jokaero too expensive for what they do, although I could make one just for you, with the caveat that it might not see the table too much. What did you have in mind for a conversion? Failing that, I think the plasmaguns are taken by lionofjudah and Dark Apostle at this point.

@Captain Helion, librisrouge and Idlem -- sorry chaps, I'm full up at the moment, but given the response I think I'll have to do another henchman squad after the first one's finished.

Don't make a model you wouldn't use on my part. It is quite cool just to be part of a any squad.

Good choice and amazing work!

Just "augment" him Bionicman is from the Deus Ex franchise (it's an alter ego of JC Denton). Maybe a battle wound cost him an arm or leg and it was replace by implants? But that would make him look more a like a servitor wouldn't it? Phew...this is a difficult one.

Well, if you (or anyone else for that matter) ever need a Heavy Weapons trooper, count me in. I love me my Heavy Weapons. Especially Heavy Bolters. biggrin.png

Looking forward to what you come up with, the ideas displayed here.....thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Kilofix has the honour of being the next modeled:

med_gallery_66537_9465_250471.jpg

What do you guys think? Does he need something more? It's barely a conversion at this point with just a scroll from the Space Marine command box added, yet I don't know what else I could add. He does look the part of a penitent psyker I think. I'm considering trying to hack the backpack thing off the pewter penitent psyker model (which I don't really like) but am wondering if that might make the model too busy and he looks nicely understated as-is?

I welcome your C&C especially from Kilofix.

@Andhil -- thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid we're full up at the moment. I'll definitely keep you in mind for the next warband, or I might start incorporating some B&C'ers into Scion squads. Anyone want to be a Tempestor and lead his own Scion squad?

'Fraid I don't have any heavy weapons since neither Inquisition nor Militarum Tempestus get them other than on vehicles ... unless you want to be a guns servitor? teehee.gif

Does he need something more?

I don't know what else I could add.

Not really, it is fine as it is. Very fitting modellbiggrin.png

But if your not happy, how about some wires connected to his head or a servo skull with a whiplaugh.png

Archived