++ The Harrowing - An Alpha Legion Community ++

Sviar

If only they had cooler rules.

Right now I can do cheaper squads of basic marines and can do a battalion for more CP (cultists even more so but I avoid them). If I do vanguard I’d push past chosen for terminators. And whether they are troops or elites cult-Marines outshine Chosen too.

I don’t know if something like that new FW termite makes a combo melta squad of chosen more viable. Or if using our infiltrate startegem gives them more miles too.

The ETL is the finest inter-forum painting challenge, as run by Captain Semper. Basically, everyone vows stuff, Captain Semper counts the completed points and the forum that did the most wins and everyone gets a special pic for their sigs. It's coming up in a month or so after not being on last year, so it's gonna be an excellent event.

I am indeed repping Alpha Legion this year, my first vow is looking like roughly 1800 points worth of the sneaks before I switch over to Iron Warriors.

Alpharius looks gorgeous, I might have to get one just to own.

Dragonlover

I might have to think about it. Thanks for the explanation Dragonlover! I have like 2 dozen operatives at the moment that do need to be finished up but they are competing with two cousin legions for attention on the work desk...

Speaking of which those numbers might get reduced a bit as I think I will keep my AL small for Heralds of Ruin, where they originally sprung up from.

I have my marines primed and their base coat already sprayed on but not much else done. Is that acceptable?

Actually, let me search for an ETL thread for rules.

Assembled, primed, and base coated a single color is the max allowed level of prep to be a valid ETL entry.

Any other operatives going to join me in repping the Legion in ETL?

Though I've not seen any thread and last year was skipped. Got a link?

I'm on mobile, but go to the News & Rumor board. The threads called "It's been a long time."

Thanks for the link Dragonlover! Going to check it out here in a minute.

And thanks Iron Father Ferrum for that heads up. My Alpha Legion (and EC) are at that point but I did do a wash over the base coat for everything so grinding my teeth about that.

I mean, I'm not going to say they stole my design for Alpharius... but I'm not going to say they didn't either... Fine by me, though... just means that after I buy that official sculpt I'll have an Alpharius and an Omegon!

And regarding ETL, yeah, I'm in. Already have a bunch of goodies basecoated, a Predator primed, two squads of Mechanicus-count-as-Cultists built, looking to pick up a 'Fiend soon... Yeah, I'm certainly in. But really, when you think about it... aren't all ETL entries potential Alpha Legion entries? :wink:

That's what I was looking for Scourged! When I saw the mini I swore I had seen it before!

And stealing is an ancient, a beloved war-time tradition. As is looting. It's like the gift that keeps on giving.

Now that I think about it, are the Lernean Terminators coming out soon too?

I've got two DPs (Mierce Miniatures, below) washed and ready for priming. I might get some Cultists ready for them too. Lord knows I've got enough stripped now.

http://mierce-miniatures.com/store_mierceminiatures/images_product/mrm_dkl_kth_hyd_wld_101_000_01_medium.png

http://mierce-miniatures.com/store_mierceminiatures/images_product/mrm_dkl_kth_hyd_wcf_101_000_01_medium.png

Yes! Thank you, Chaz. I have been dying to see one (nevermind both) of those painted up as a proper Prince of the XXth ever since I stumbled onto them. Sadly, my wallet was never as eager as I was to see it done. I shall be following your progress with extreme interest.

Those are pretty :censored:-ing awesome looking minis. Please tell me the bottom one has mark of Khorne.

Running them as Slaanesh and Tzeentch - gonna convert up another for Khorne, but base it on a Bloodwrack body.

Yes! Thank you, Chaz. I have been dying to see one (nevermind both) of those painted up as a proper Prince of the XXth ever since I stumbled onto them. Sadly, my wallet was never as eager as I was to see it done. I shall be following your progress with extreme interest.

They were pretty reasonable! 55£ for both!

Man, a fun fluff idea for a Hydra-headed DP, each head represents/embodies one of the personalities that former marine portrayed in their mortal life when infiltrating other legions. So one head could be a Raven Guard who prefers striking from the shadows, another could be an Ultramarine who wants to follow the playbooks, and another could be a khorne renegade who wants blood for the blood skull.

Archived