++ The Dark Council - A Word Bearers Community ++

• 1 month later...

So I have been reading the Word Bearers omnibus again and something has really started to annoy me (incoming rant in 5...4...3...2...1...) Marduk returns with the spinny rubix cube of death thingy, and gets told 'dont balls this up lad, Abaddon will be watching closely'. Stuff Abaddon, and screw the Black Legion. Abaddon's an arrogant swine who took over a legion that failed to put the Emperor in his place, and has continued to do so again and again. Really bugs me that WE engineered events that led up to the Heresy, and yet we have to be careful so we dont upset captain tiny arms and his gravity defying hair. Rant over *breathes into paper bag*

I know what you mean, we are the most orgainised legion and the only one that hasnt split into loads of warbands, we have a council so we should be the main legion, anyway most primarchs knelt to horus, and no amount of GW trying to unfail failbaddon will make him anywhere near as awesome as Horus, i think our collection of council members(and possibly even the urizen himself) should kinda overthrow failbaddon and take control of all the chaos forces -that or turn Horus into a god so he can lead again :P

All right it's rant time: Why does every time some one brings up abaddon everyone starts calling him fillbaddon.

He made a legion form nothing: All right let's start with the black legion itself. When abaddon got black to his legion, he found it not only broken and in a sorry state but also the emperor's children had destroyed their fortress and to add insult to injury they took the body of horus to do tzeentch know what to it. So after finding all this out he lead his legion against the emperor's children were he smash them. After this abaddon begin to rebuild the sons of horus into the black legion were he reorganize the legion, the reason why I bring this up is because lorgar already had an organize legion who would fallow his command to the word, were has abaddon did not but yet still made them the biggest legion.

All right it's rant time: Why does every time some one brings up abaddon everyone starts calling him fillbaddon.

He made a legion form nothing: All right let's start with the black legion itself. When abaddon got black to his legion, he found it not only broken and in a sorry state but also the emperor's children had destroyed their fortress and to add insult to injury they took the body of horus to do tzeentch know what to it. So after finding all this out he lead his legion against the emperor's children were he smash them. After this abaddon begin to rebuild the sons of horus into the black legion were he reorganize the legion, the reason why I bring this up is because lorgar already had an organize legion who would fallow his command to the word, were has abaddon did not but yet still made them the biggest legion.

He gets called Failbaddon because he keeps failing his Black Crusades. Well, that was until they were retconned so that he was actually setting out to accomplish smaller goals that would allow him to invade Terra eventually, and that he succeeded in these tasks.

All right it's rant time: Why does every time some one brings up abaddon everyone starts calling him fillbaddon.

He made a legion form nothing: All right let's start with the black legion itself. When abaddon got black to his legion, he found it not only broken and in a sorry state but also the emperor's children had destroyed their fortress and to add insult to injury they took the body of horus to do tzeentch know what to it. So after finding all this out he lead his legion against the emperor's children were he smash them. After this abaddon begin to rebuild the sons of horus into the black legion were he reorganize the legion, the reason why I bring this up is because lorgar already had an organize legion who would fallow his command to the word, were has abaddon did not but yet still made them the biggest legion.

He gets called Failbaddon because he keeps failing his Black Crusades. Well, that was until they were retconned so that he was actually setting out to accomplish smaller goals that would allow him to invade Terra eventually, and that he succeeded in these tasks.

Tbf to Abbadon it was only ever said to be a failure from the imperial point of view

Funny how Erebus could bring back the blessed lady just to screw with Argel Tals head but he didnt bother even trying with Horus to save the rebellions chances to pt the false Emperor in his place. Could have at least had a go. :/

Normally the chaos gods would have reborn him (like Khârn or Lucius), if not for the fact that the emperor literally destroyed horus soul to the point were not even the chaos gods could being him black. so even if Erebus tried to being him black, then he would have found that their was nothing left of horus soul.

Edited by warboss aidna0510

So I am looking at images from the Flight of Dragons movie and come across this, is it me or does this just scream Word Bearers?

http://badpolygon.com/wp-content/ommadon_paint_job.jpg

Edited by SlaveToDarkness

It makes me think of a beastman from Fantasy more than of a Word Bearer.

Regarding 'failbaddon...' The traitor legions and renegade warbands within the Eye of Terror hate each other at least as much as they hate the Imperium and he managed to make them stop their squibbles and unite them against the Imperium under his command. This alone makes him the opposite of a failure. And he did that thirteenth times.

• 3 weeks later...

@SlaveToDarkness: That pic from Flight of the Dragons would make a great Cultist overseer. He's got a bit of a circus vibe to him but it's just uncomfortable enough to work. I'll also chime in on the Abaddon debate - having just read Talon of Horus, I firmly believe that Abaddon may in fact have some of the biggest arms in the galaxy. ADB says it best himself.

So I rarely venture out of the WIP forums, but I've known about this thread's existence for long enough that I really should've posted in it by now. I love these Legion threads, they have a lot of potential for fostering camaraderie between players of the same Legion. Also, Slave, you've put together one hell of a fluff resource, the first page is a great read. I don't have anything to add to that, but I will report in with my Warhost (borrowing a little from Kraut's format...).

Pre-heresy

Chapter of the Shattered Altar, commanded by Chaplain Razakel and Lord Commander Marchosias

Post-heresy (with name-dump!)

XIII Warhost, led by Dark Apostle Razakel, known to the slaves of the corpse-god as "the Unhallowed,"

First Acolyte - Kor Naberus

High Sorcerer - Kor Andromalius

High Priest of the Forge - Kor Savnok

Master Chirurgeon - Kor Marbas

I Anointed Captain - Coryphaeus Kol Marchosias (I always had the impression that the Coryphaeus is the war leader of the entire Host as well as the direct commander of the Anointed, but I've been toying with the idea of giving my Coryphaeus a position slightly more analogous to Chapter Master and giving my Anointed their own Captain)

II Captain - Kor Abalam (battle Cohort)

III Captain - Kor Byleth (battle Cohort)

IV Captain - Kor Kazadai (assault Cohort)

V Captain - Kor Vassago (heavy weapons Cohort)

VI Captain - Kor Andrealphus (Slaaneshi Cohort)

VII Captain - Kor Vefar (Nurglite Cohort)

VIII Captain - Kor Krinolas (Khornate Cohort)

IX Captain - Kor Amdusias (Tzeentchite Cohort)

X Captain - Kor Acheron (Possessed Cohort)

First off, I've been working on this Host for over 7 years now (linky!), with the occasional hiatus. I tend to take a month or two between posts but I never quite stop, I just get distracted by videogames - er, I mean, rest.

I'm more of a painter than a writer so I've never put much thought into fluff, but I've always had the idea that the XIII Warhost has a slightly evangelistic bent. They have a tendency to recruit (read: capture and brainwash) marines from other Legions and even Loyalist chapters. This earns them the ire of the rest of the Legion, as this practice is seen as an insult to Lorgar's holy geneseed, and has more than once drawn the unwanted attention of investigative covens sent by the Dark Council.

(I've never really gotten around to explicitly modelling marines from other Legions - I got carried away with modelling dioramas of my dudes killing Imperial Guardsmen, which has been entertaining enough for me by itself, but I'm looking to start a second Cohort here soon and I may well finally get around to it.)

The Host typically consists of around 1200 Legionaries at full strength, though it is supported by numberless hordes of cultists kept locked up, hungry and maddened by the howling of Discords, in the bowels of its warships. The Host has a full armory maintained by Mechanicum adepts from the forges of Ghalmek, and includes a small force of Titans (looted, gifted, stolen and custom-built) and superheavy tanks. Furthermore, the Host's diabolist covens are endlessly at work binding more and more demons to their will.

The XIII Host is divided into company-like groups called Cohorts and those are in turn divided into twelve-Legionary squads called Coteries. This follows standard Word Bearer doctrine of mocking the structure of the Chapters that follow Guilliman's Codex, but the XIII Host's "reserve company" equivalents are its IV and V Cohorts. Its VI, VII, VIII, and IX Cohorts are reserved for those of the Host considered especially blessed by a specific Chaos God. The X Cohort is made solely of Legionaries blessed with the gift of daemonic possession, though for this reason it is almost never at full strength.

A few pics:

Dark Apostle Razakel "the Unhallowed"

gallery_39401_2771_43881.jpg

Coryphaeus Kol Marchosias

gallery_39401_2771_186315.jpg

Warhound Titan, affectionately named "Vanessa" (still need a menacing, Word Bearerly name for her, poor girl)

gallery_39401_2771_164758.jpg

My most recent army shot (Sept 30, 2013), representing the entire II Cohort with elements of the Anointed and the Armory (pretty dated, missing two Land Raiders, a pair of Defilers and a Baneblade, an Acolyte, and possibly some other stuff I'm forgetting - also, since then, I've taken my time painting two Primarchs and I've gotten hung up on RL a number of times)

gallery_39401_2771_91220.jpg

I've been meaning to revamp my entire army for several years now. I make heavy use of washes in my paintjobs to darken up the army while also giving it a grimy, weathered appearance. When I started, I went pretty light with the washes, but I've gotten progressively heavier with them since. I've had to darken up a lot of my old models and the results haven't always been satisfactory. Old models need new highlights, especially on the metallics. I've also gotten lazy on some of my newer models and really should go through and clean up some of those paintjobs. I especially need to go through and paint eye lenses on EVERYONE - something I've always told myself I'd do in the future. I also need to paint Legion symbols on shoulderpads and such - I've never liked the fire behind the demon skull, but the skull by itself doesn't work due to how dark my models are.

That about does it for now. I have tons of half-formed fluff and modelling ideas floating around in my head that I may post if they ever really solidify.

Edited by RazakelXIII

So I'm in a Challenge at my local GW currently

5 weeks starts at 1000 points with some restrictions

No low/fortifications

No AP 1 or ap 2

No psykers

No named characters

No vehicle

Force org wise we have a compulsory 3 troops and optional 1 elite 1 heavy 1 fast 1 hq

So I've been running this list. The Noise Marines represent some Emperors Children who work alongside my bearers under the command of my chapters chapter master

HQ

Lord on bike with sigil power Maul gift of mutation and daemon heart

Troops

20 cultists with Flamer

20 cultists 17 auto guns 2 stubbers shot gun

10 cultists 9 auto guns shot gun

Elites

10 Noise Marines 2 blast masters 1 sonic blaster

Fast Attack

5 bikers with gift of mutation

Heavy Support

5 Havocs 4 Auto cannons.

So it seems the gods hated my lord who's representing my first acolyte in the first game he fails 2 2+ saves turn 1 vs skitari and then the 2nd time he enters a challenge gets spawned. Didn't help for most of the game I forgot my IWND either

Then 2nd game vs tau I got massacred all i had left was 2 cultists and 2 havocs. Funny thing though my lord held up a broadside a crisis suit squad and a 2+ save commander for like 5 rounds of combat before dieing. All I can say is curse those damn heretical xenos

Finally, welcome to the conclave of the word Raz, this is your home now :tongue.: oh and yeh, the unfaithful tau with their unfaithful guns, theres no honor in gunning the bearers of the truth down before they atleast kill half your number in close combat....

So I have been thinking (yes it hurt :lol:) nce I have finished my vow for this years call and used the contents of the plastic heresy game I will have a company of Word Bearers (not including transports for every squad) and I have been wondering about the future of my army. Getting some furies to use as them fleshy flying daemons from the WB omnibus is next on my list (sure the rules are bad but rule of cool and all that) and f I can get the cash three Knights (converted plastic, cant afford the FW chaos one) to put one of the local smurf players in his place (clams he is that good he will table me at any points level, I ether show him up in store or put the boot in behind GW, I chose to throw down and represent). 

So what do you guys have planned for the future of your armys?

So I have been thinking (yes it hurt :lol:) nce I have finished my vow for this years call and used the contents of the plastic heresy game I will have a company of Word Bearers (not including transports for every squad) and I have been wondering about the future of my army. Getting some furies to use as them fleshy flying daemons from the WB omnibus is next on my list (sure the rules are bad but rule of cool and all that) and f I can get the cash three Knights (converted plastic, cant afford the FW chaos one) to put one of the local smurf players in his place (clams he is that good he will table me at any points level, I ether show him up in store or put the boot in behind GW, I chose to throw down and represent).

So what do you guys have planned for the future of your armys?

To just keep on getting a larger amount of word bearers there too is a smurfs player in my area who's beat me before with a rather cheesy list so I'm after some vengance. Other than that if the plastic 30k box set does come out il be starting 30k

Yeah, I'm with darkprincesnun here, I just wanna keep getting more stuff. :tongue.: I've already got enough Chaos Warrior legs to convert up a second full cohort (short of assault squads, but that's because I'm gonna use bikers instead of Raptors), I just need more CSM bits. I think I want to model a good chunk of them as close-combat Breachers or something similar, with Chaos Warrior/Knight shields and maybe chainglaives. In terms of near-future acquisitions, I need a Contemptor (gonna convert the SoH one rather than use the WB one) and another pair of Predators so I can use the two laspreds and two dakkapreds I already have as 3-tank squadrons. I probably need more dreadnoughts too - you can never have enough dreadnoughts.

I also need to vastly expand my cultist horde and I'm always looking at models to do that with. I'd been converting Empire Flagellants with Cadian lasguns and such, and I'd like another two or three 30-man mobs of those, but the other idea I've really wanted to do was a special female unit of Cultists called the Daughters (or something) of Lorgar using the Dark Elf Sisters of Slaughter as a base. Unfortunately, those models are priced like they're made of gold. I also want to get a bunch of Crypt Ghouls and do some fairly minimal 40kification on them, as well as get a bunch of Crypt Horror/Vargheist kits and convert up something analogous to Chaos Ogryns, or the old Big Muties from the Lost and the Damned list in the EoT codex.

Talking REALLY long-term, I REALLY REALLY want to do an entire heavy weapons cohort at some point, but GW steadfastly refuses to release plastic Havocs. I'm probably gonna do another Baneblade at some point, as well as a Fellblade - I don't like the FW Fellbade but I'm planning to convert one using Machinator's Kingslayer cannons. I also want more Titans, I love my Warhound but she needs a friend. Used to think I needed a second Warhound before I did anything else, but at this point I think it'd be worth it to save up for a Reaver. It's by far my favorite design of the three FW Titans (we haven't seen the Chaos Warlord yet but I'm definitely not enough of a fan of the Imperial one to fork out $2k). I'd also love to do some crazy Dark Mech stuff at some point, taking inspiration from folks like GuitaRasmus, but right now, I just don't have the disposable income to kitbash like that.

Confession time: I also have a huge Daemon army that I've been assembling in total secrecy for years. My logic was that you can't have Word Bearers without Daemons, but my Word Bearers quickly absorbed all my attention and the Daemons have sat almost totally unpainted. So I've got a sea of grey plastic with a little metal in it that's just been slowly accumulating whenever I've felt like expanding it. I keep telling myself I'll paint it when I reach my goal (which at this point is actually attainable, I just need to expand the Tzeentch and Nurgle sections a bit), but we'll see if that actually happens. I'll show it off when the time is right. :devil:

Who doesn't want more Word Bearers? :tongue.: You can never have enough, as even once I have several cohorts of marines I want even more human renegades to represent the vast hordes of human slaves of the Word Bearers. 

Truth be told though, I need to focus more on making that sea of grey a tide of beautiful red opposed to amassing more hordes.