Perfection and Glory - Full Army Shot!

Rangaman

those SOH are absolutely fantastic brother and your Maloghurst is looking pretty damn on point awesome work man I can't wait to see your knights come together will they be allied to these gents?

Thanks mate, at this point my SoH are all killed at Istvaan III and the Maloghurst I have modelled is meant to be a pre-Heresy version (can still hope for a proper FW model to come out soon, with a way more Chaotic influence). The Knights I am doing are a renegade/piratical section of House Aerthegn, in other words, they have no allies. But, I will expand on them in the future to include Militia and possibly some bots too.

I really like the Proteus! Stop distracting me with such cool models!!

Great work on Mal, he looks good in typical sons colours!!

Thanks man, the same can be said to you. I keep getting drawn back to the IIIrd and it is getting harder and harder to resist!

I've come down with a nasty cold so I spent this evening playing around on a picture editing program called GIMP 2.8 making some stuff to go alongside my tournament package. Will probably add another page with all the special rules that my army has, from the Legion specific right through to the individual weapons, kind of like a cheat sheet.

gallery_81212_9961_36665.png

gallery_81212_9961_296043.png

EDIT: And I have already found an error on the armylist...that was fast.

Where did you find the page template? And I hope you get better soon! thumbsup.gif

EDIT: Shouldn't it be "The Equerry's Hand"?

I found it on Heresy30k, just google "heresy30k background no words", and thanks for the spelling check, I kind of just skimmed it

I second that!! The template is sooo cool; if we could get something like that for the collective 20 Hobbyists it would awesome!

I'll see what I can do. ^_^

And thanks, Rangaman!

Almost finished assembling the second Proteus so while I waited for some greenstuff to cure I got started on the Damocles...which then led to me deciding to paint the interior. Not sure if I should go for a light grey or a dirty white...

gallery_81212_9961_1486788.jpg

And I threw down the metallic for the Lancer chassis, will work on him in between getting the remaining two tanks completed! Any suggestions for the fallen Knight?

gallery_81212_9961_204973.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Didn't make a huge effort tonight...I used powders on all the bases for my tournament list and painted the majority of the Damocles interior, just waiting for some washes to dry and then I can do the console screens and buttons.

gallery_81212_9961_1398951.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_548144.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_257887.jpg

Thanks for posting those Damocles pics, I have a couple of rhinos to make and wasn't quite sure of the best way to tackle building them to get the insides painted quick & easily - and you've nailed it :)

Thanks fellas, I'll be honest, I have never, ever bothered to paint the inside of a tank. I don't know why but it just always seemed like a waste of time. And then, while I was getting ready to put the whole tank together it hit me...it takes next to no effort, and why not go the extra mile. I'm glad I took the time to do it, at least for a transport that will possibly have its rear hatch down from time to time.

So I finished off the insides and just washed all the resin bits, so later tonight hopefully I will get to see how much of the interior you can actually see once its all together.

gallery_81212_9961_1427806.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Great work. I on the other hand always painted the interior. Just a hint though, you might want to paint the ceiling, as I forgot about that, till I took some pics of marines getting out. Just in the interest of being thorough. ;)

Great work. I on the other hand always painted the interior. Just a hint though, you might want to paint the ceiling, as I forgot about that, till I took some pics of marines getting out. Just in the interest of being thorough. ;)

Yep I did think of that, let's hope I don't forget the execution

Great idea with the image for the army list, consider the font "Trajan Pro" it's amazing for such stuff. Where did you find the images for Vehicles ? I never bother with the interior, but that little eye of Horus symbol makes me regret sealing my hull :(

Great idea with the image for the army list, consider the font "Trajan Pro" it's amazing for such stuff. Where did you find the images for Vehicles ? I never bother with the interior, but that little eye of Horus symbol makes me regret sealing my hull :(

Thanks mate, I did find the actual font FW uses but it's a trademarked style that you have to buy the licence of to use...so I went with the next closest the program had. Each image on the army roster is made by me by taking coloured side profiles of either the models (Malpghurst and the Command Rhino) or coloured images from the FW books, they have then been reduced and inverted into black and then tidied up. At first it is a slightly tricky process but after s couple I got the hang of it and now I can put one of those together in ten minutes or so.

Archived