Let's Talk Custodes

Komrk

So is anyone getting the urge to make an Emperor Vangaurd force? You know like the 1st legion and the Custodes kicking butt and chewing bubble gum before the other legions are complete?

...or is it just me? :P

With the Emperor at its head. Yes. So badly, but with the VIIth. But I must wait. For now....

There is a lot of snow in the mountains for a planet with no oceans biggrin.png

Amusingly enough, in The Purge, Sor Talgron notes as he's being taken to the Imperial Palace a group of artificial oceans that can be seen from orbit. The Emperor seems to have charged someone with healing Terra, and maybe even returning it to it's former glory.

Well, until the Siege, of course....

Well technically the XIIIth was the first complete Legion (First to legion size that is). And the first book says there was a bath of each made at the very beginning.

But weren't the first ya know, first to start fighting? In Vengeful Spirit, the Emps reprimands Malcador and tells him that the First were proving their loyalty and among the stars before the other legions were even drawing their swords, maybe with the exception of the Luna Wolves because of the precense of Horus.

I could be wrong but it would be logical to assume that the first legion was the first to be a full fighting force (not the one to be legion size)?

So, Emps reprimands Malcador for daring to doubt El Jonson...but is totally okay with him setting a Space Wolf watchpack on Rogal Dorn.

I think we can safely say the idea that he didn't play favorites with his kids is officially dead in the water.

Well technically the XIIIth was the first complete Legion (First to legion size that is). And the first book says there was a bath of each made at the very beginning.

But weren't the first ya know, first to start fighting? In Vengeful Spirit, the Emps reprimands Malcador and tells him that the First were proving their loyalty and among the stars before the other legions were even drawing their swords, maybe with the exception of the Luna Wolves because of the precense of Horus.

I could be wrong but it would be logical to assume that the first legion was the first to be a full fighting force (not the one to be legion size)?

BL and FW are very contradictory. FW says that all of the legions were at fighting strength by the end of the Unification Wars

What constitutes fighting strength for each Legion at that point in their history, though? The IV Legions' concept of optimal fighting strength might range from 1,000 to 8,000 at that point in history; while the XX might only have teams that total a hundred or so Legionnaires, yet this might be a perfect size for basic functionality for them considering their tactical doctrine.

The SF groups of the US military might not have the numbers of their regular Army counterparts, yet they are still considered to be at fighting strength.

What constitutes fighting strength for each Legion at that point in their history, though? The IV Legions' concept of optimal fighting strength might range from 1,000 to 8,000 at that point in history; while the XX might only have teams that total a hundred or so Legionnaires, yet this might be a perfect size for basic functionality for them considering their tactical doctrine.

The SF groups of the US military might not have the numbers of their regular Army counterparts, yet they are still considered to be at fighting strength.

It proves that the First weren't alone in the beginning of the crusade which is my point

Among the stars pretty much says Great Crusade unless the Unification wars were expanded to the retaking of the Sol system (Which still didn't work because AL, IF, Sallies, and SoH all have recorded actions during that time period

The Unification Wars have indeed expanded to the compliance of the Sol System, ending with the destruction of a artificial xenos world at the edge of the system past the Haumea planetoid with the combined firepower of every ship at the Imperium's disposal at that time.

Well, hopefully our Lord and Master, Emperor Alan Bligh, beloved by all, shall clarify this when the I Legion gets covered.  :)

The Unification Wars have indeed expanded to the compliance of the Sol System, ending with the destruction of a artificial xenos world at the edge of the system past the Haumea planetoid with the combined firepower of every ship at the Imperium's disposal at that time.

Well, hopefully our Lord and Master, Emperor Alan Bligh, beloved by all, shall clarify this when the I Legion gets covered. smile.png

In Bligh we trust (our money's safe keeping)

Well, hopefully our Lord and Master, Emperor Alan Bligh, beloved by all, shall clarify this when the I Legion gets covered.  :)

In Bligh we trust (our money's safe keeping)

"ALL HAIL LORD BLIGH!!!"

...unless his alter ego Alanpharius decides to write it >_>

ANYHOW, Custodes.

What I'm curious about is what their unique unit will be. We've gotten some real treats in the past, and I'm looking forward to seeing what FW comes up with.

Also, of course, the Custodes history. So little is known about their organization during this point in history, that how FW fluffs them out from the Unification onwards should be very interesting. Especially their historic battles...  :)

For Special Unit, maybe a Squad of Companions? One of the 300? (omg you could recreate the movie 300 :O!)

I doubt their Terminators will be all that unique besides them probably getting some juicy weapons no other legion can take.

I'm also looking forward to their history being expanded upon. Also, those gorgeous Forgeworld Illustrations drool.gif

Archived