Today, well really yesterday, I got really annoyed at my airbrushes. I spent all of Saturday sorting out bits and stripping models I had got off ebay and planned on priming and basecoating around 1500 points. I get halfway through a rhino and my airbrushes stop working. Spent some time deep cleaning them but I may need to set money aside for a better one.

Today, I have contemplated long upon whether I sell off my partial Blood Drinkers Company, or, do I bring them into 8e and tailor them to fit this new edition/setting...

Your collection, so it's up to you if you want to start from scratch or not. Personally, I would be porting it all over. It is rumoured that whilst the Indexes are there to get you started, Codexes aren't too far away (maybe next year?) so anything that doesn't currently fit (i.e. meltagun RAS) may well fit when we get our own book and flavour back.

Have you enough time for a reboot?

I am definitely not gonna sell (or burn) my army but I'm taking a break from BA for a little bit. Aura bubbles built around Astorath, Sanguinor and Lemartes are just not my bag... and on the other hand - my Nids look like they're gonna be super fun to play with.

How are people planning on distinguishing the lieutenants from the new box set? Captains get black shoulder pads, so maybe black trim on red shoulder pad? Or is there some official information on the 'correct' colour scheme for BA lieutenants?

Today, I have contemplated long upon whether I sell off my partial Blood Drinkers Company, or, do I bring them into 8e and tailor them to fit this new edition/setting...

Why do you need to tailor them? 90 % of stuff you could use in 7th you can use in 8th. The only oddball stuff is double melta assault squads.

If you sell them and start a new army, all that means is you'll have to do the same in 2- 4 years for 9th ed. 

Space Marine armies will generally be organised around the battle company. If you are building a battle company, your army will always be valid. Hell, if you built the 8th co, you can still use 2x vanguard detachments and field nothing but assault marines and jump pack HQ's.

Edited by Xenith

Maybe reference back to some old school livery and use a white/red pattern on the pads, like captains tend to use the red/yellow of their company? Black pads is a veteran thing, usually veteran sergeants.

For context:

4cc54cf598be53c86f678b7ab1223cdc.jpg

bc861c59a60ddbaf258698a4185b93a6.jpg

All of those images are awesome... Really hoping they feed into FW's designs when they come to write us up in Angelus!

Yesterday... I started painting up two solo Blood Angels/Deathwatch terminators that used to be legal to field, and are now illegal, so I need to add 3 more to the unit to make my Terminator Devastator squad.

Yeah I've been considering this too.

Very expensive though.... Maybe better off making a kill team and piling all the rules on?

So they did our "Faction focus" today. Basically just said how we play the Aura game.

My favorite bit is this, that basically says that we can make DC nowhere near as good as they were last edition, for only the cost of 5 characters and getting psychic powers off!

:down: :censored: :ermm: :dry.: :teehee:

Similarly, Blood Angels distinguish themselves through their unique units and special rules. What I love about Blood Angels is the wide variety of auras they can overlap on units to take them from good to great. For example, Death Company who begin with base 2 Attacks, and gain 1 on the charge, can get another Attack using the Blood Angels psychic power Unleash Rage for a total of 4. On top of that, a Sanguinary Priest can give them +1 Strength with his aura. Astorath provides further bonuses with an aura that lets them ignore morale, and provides re-rolls to hit in the Fight phase. But wait, there’s more! The Sanguinor can give them another Attack with his aura…wow. You can end up with Death Company boasting 5 Attacks each on the charge, re-rolling hits at Strength 5. Give them Power Swords and nearly nothing in the game will survive a full strength charge from them. A truly scary unit.

I lost a lot of hope when they completely obliterated "counts-as"

Oh lovely DC you have there...oh they are carmine blades? Astorath is the high chaplain of the BA not the CBs, no bonuses for you keyword <Carmine Blades> |:

*edit, at least I have a cool kitbashed Gabriel Seth I can look at but not field, unless I'm playing flesh tearers.

**Over reacting.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

I lost a lot of hope when they completely obliterated "counts-as"

Oh lovely DC you have there...oh they are carmine blades? Astorath is the high chaplain of the BA not the CBs, no bonuses for you keyword <Carmine Blades> |:

*edit, at least I have a cool kitbashed Gabriel Seth I can look at but not field, unless I'm playing flesh tearers.

**Over reacting.

"These are my blood angels. They are white and red. Do you have a problem fair opponent?"

If they answer yes, then they really do.

Yeah I think us successors will be fine using special characters 99% of the time. Maybe not in official tournaments or against that one guy that you probably don't want to play with anyway...

I bet most people would even be fine with people using Seth along side other BA characters and having them all benefit from each other's buffs. I honestly dont think that's op or abusing the game mechanics at all

For now they are Keyword <UNPAINTED>.

Yea. I dunno. I want to play a game with BA before I make up my mind, but we do have to remember that 8th is a totally different game to 7th.

The idea of Sanguinor running behind SanGuard also appeals to me, it's just a real shame Dante doesnt buff any nearby units better than the Heirs of Azkellon rule.

Today I took the arms off 4 vanguard vets i had and gave them all melta guns and a new title of company veterans with jump packs, and i'll be looking to do another 4 in the near future. i'm hoping this will give me the heavy shooting i'm looking for.

I think the new Company Vets will be great. With Meltaguns, Jump Packs and Storm Shields they'll be able to zip around putting shots into tough targets wherever needed. I see the new points of the storm shield for non-characters as a bargain to help keep them alive.

It's also something only we can do, as Codex chapters have to do it without the jump packs.

Yeah I think us successors will be fine using special characters 99% of the time. Maybe not in official tournaments or against that one guy that you probably don't want to play with anyway...

I bet most people would even be fine with people using Seth along side other BA characters and having them all benefit from each other's buffs. I honestly dont think that's op or abusing the game mechanics at all

It's the same for Tyranid players. Technically now anyone who has different units painted as different hive fleets can't buff each other. I understand the reasoning behind it, but as far as I'm concerned they can just count models from different hive schemes to be together. Flesh Tearers and other successors have always been counted as Blood Angels, sharing the same rules, so to split it now is a bit harsh.

Codex vs BA vs SW etc. makes sense, as they have their own sets of special characters but successors? That just makes people not want to try something different.

I'll be letting my Tyranid opponent cross-buff regardless of paint scheme and I expect I'll be able to keep mixing my Blood Angels and Flesh Tearers units, while keeping any Codex unit separate.