Looks ace!

I really dislike the new Bolt Pistols though :/

Yeah why need improved marines an grip on the pistol tip?

So they can beat xenos to death with the handle without losing their grip on heir sidearm.

I made a new Blog is what I did today!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/335744-baals-new-heroes-a-primaris-blog/

Hopefully my fellow Frater can go take a look :)

I also made progress on a project with LutherMax

Also, that Crimson Tear model is lovely! nice work!

I have a bunch of heavy bolters and keep thinking "I'll make like 8 heavy bolter guys" but keep making different things. I just can't decide if I like it or not. When I get shot by them I'm kind of scared because of the volume of shots with -1 rend, but then when I think about them myself I feel kinda meh. Maybe I'm just stuck in 7th on that and just need to field them to appreciate them.

I have a bunch of heavy bolters and keep thinking "I'll make like 8 heavy bolter guys" but keep making different things. I just can't decide if I like it or not. When I get shot by them I'm kind of scared because of the volume of shots with -1 rend, but then when I think about them myself I feel kinda meh. Maybe I'm just stuck in 7th on that and just need to field them to appreciate them.

I have a 4x HVB havoc squad and they were always good fun, even at 135 pts in 3rd ed, and 115pts in 7th.

Now a 4HVB dev squad is 105pts. That's 12 shots, 8 hits, about 5 wounds, and 2.5 - 3 dead marines per turn, before you even factor in the signum or Cherub.

Seems fun, and doesn't break the bank.

Edited by Xenith

Now a 4HVB dev squad is 105pts. That's 12 shots, 8 hits, about 5 wounds, and 2.5 - 3 dead marines per turn, before you even factor in the signum or Cherub.

And with a 36" range you can comfortably park them in your back field and plink away at anything that strays too close. Even against tough beasts like a LR they are still wounding on 5s and the -1AP helps against virtually everything in the game.

Interestingly, 3x 4HB squads are only 315pts. 

That's 36 shots, 24/27 hits normally/with signum, 16/18 wounds and 8/9 failed saves, enough to wipe out a 10 man MEQ squad after battleshock per turn.

Seeing all the netlisters are favouring horde armies now, I'd expect to see many armies with 30 boyz or 30 gaunts per unit, those 3HB squads will be killing 16 models per turn.

Add in a captain or primaris lieutenant, and storm bolters on the serge and things get silly. 

Interestingly, 3x 4HB squads are only 315pts. 

That's 36 shots, 24/27 hits normally/with signum, 16/18 wounds and 8/9 failed saves, enough to wipe out a 10 man MEQ squad after battleshock per turn.

Seeing all the netlisters are favouring horde armies now, I'd expect to see many armies with 30 boyz or 30 gaunts per unit, those 3HB squads will be killing 16 models per turn.

Add in a captain or primaris lieutenant, and storm bolters on the serge and things get silly. 

It's really a tough situation. If I start buying up Dev squads for heavy bolters, then I waste perfectly good Grav cannons ;)

All kidding aside, I think a lot of us have heavy bolters just lying around unused. Good to see they technically should work well this edition.

How do the HB Devs stack up in cost to QUAD HB RAPIERS though?

Each one of those has the firepower of a fill Dev Squad.

And you can park 3 in cover - you lack mobility and a cherub, but if you put a buff captain nearby OH LORD THE DAKKA.

Rapier & 2 crew with quad HB is 3/4 the cost of a 4x HB 5 man dev squad. It's T5 W4 Sv3+. So more vulnerable to multi-wound attacks, but more robust to small arms. No signum, cherub or sgt weapon and of course immobile. But for a backfield buffable anti-horde unit in cover, pretty sweet.

Today I have 2 sword primaris sergeants, 20 mark 3 marines (who will be various different guys), and the cataphractii captain from BAC coming in. Tomorrow, I've got 2 predators, 2 sniper squads, a box of sanguinary guard (which will be built as 3-4 axes, a sanguinary priest and maybe a sanguinary ancient. Still not sold on it), a death co chaplain (who will be lemartes), astorath, a devestator squad, and a slew of jump packs.

Hey guys. Just reading the new primaris librarian and captain points sheet that gw have posted. Anyone find it interesting that it doesn't specify which psychic powers a blood angels or dark angels primaris librarian uses, while it does so for their space wolf equivalent. That would mean that we get access to both the sanguinary discipline and the librarius discipline wouldn't it? Edited by MrZombie