About to build a new furioso, cant decide whether to equip it with fists or talons....

Well... if they truly are determined to make things balanced, as promised, then I imagine they'll do something with the talons at some point - but as it stands now the Fists are just better (in a vacuum)... but if you start stacking character buffs with re-rolls then it's worth the risk, however the other issue is that Talons are just so much more expensive than a pair of fists.

Undercoating complete on my primaris force. All the little extras are added (actually I was going to add more but decided to keep it simple).

Tonight will be a layer of red night whilst also base coating the other helmets and heads etc.

About to build a new furioso, cant decide whether to equip it with fists or talons....

Both look awesome, so hard decision.

Rules wise, fists are superior. Talons do more damage than fists on 50% of rolls, but do less damage than fists on 33% of rolls. They don't get a reroll to hit, and cost more.

It's the re-roll to hit that really does it for me.

In other news, while a long way away from doing any Primaris... A small part of me is considering a different chapter to my homebrew... Maybe something more... Cannon?

I'm even tempted to stray away from BA halp.

In other news, while a long way away from doing any Primaris... A small part of me is considering a different chapter to my homebrew... Maybe something more... Cannon?

I had those thoughts, but I repented. There is hope for you, Brother.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Star_Phantoms

They're just SO cool....!

The Reivers would look awesome in that scheme :wink:

Hey guys. Just reading the new primaris librarian and captain points sheet that gw have posted. Anyone find it interesting that it doesn't specify which psychic powers a blood angels or dark angels primaris librarian uses, while it does so for their space wolf equivalent. That would mean that we get access to both the sanguinary discipline and the librarius discipline wouldn't it?

The first page of the BA Index says that our Psykers generate from the Sanguinary discipline. This means that a Primaris Librarian would also since he would have the <Blood Angels> keyword. Of course you could take him as Codex chapter librarian but you could do that with a regular librarian anyway to get access to the Librarius discipline.

What interests me more is the points cost. The Primaris Captain costs 87 points which means you are paying 13 points over a conventional captain for the extra wound. Sounds fair enough. I can see this guy with the Stalker bolt rifle working well a cheap buffing character for units like Devastators.

But the Librarian costs the same as the non-Primaris version meaning you get the extra wound for free! The only thing you are losing out on is the opportunity cost of riding in a transport or taking a Jump Pack etc. This is probably of less interest to Blood Angels players as we want our Librarians out front buffing our advancing units. Without a jump pack or the ability to ride in a transport, a Primaris Librarian does not look that helpful.

How are you at painting white?

I looked at them a while ago, and the scheme and fluff is indeed awesome (and thy have FW rules...) the white....oh the white.

Honestly? No idea!

Was going to do a test mini where I could.

Sadly no FW rules right now. They have a character but he is a captain that costs the same as any other captain with the same equipment and abilities.

Sadly no FW rules right now. They have a character but he is a captain that costs the same as any other captain with the same equipment and abilities.

Welcome to the codex astartes.

Are you sure you want to leave Baal?

Anyone with experience with a Xiphon? looking at picking up 2.

Xiphon are amazing, and I mean amazing. Airwing detachment with Stormraven, and 2 Xiphon just hurts people. The missile systems cannot be underestimated. But I will bring a Xiphon almost every list. Especially when it's only 8 points over a 4 laspred.

Played 8th last night (thought it was using my Ad Mech!) and my word is it smooth.

A lot easier to just get on and do than 7th. Battleshock isn't as bad as I thought, it basically just means that if you aim to kill a unit, you probably will or you might lose 1 or 2 models off the back of some casualties, annoying but not impossible to overcome - certainly faster than running and rallying.

Buffs are super important, without Cawl giving most of my army re-rolls to hit at shooting all game I would have been destroyed.

Fast characters are quite scary, especially Daemon princes that you can't shoot because terminators just landed in front of him! ...Who then get Warp Time cast on them for a free move so their charge only needs a 3 :ohmy.: great combo! Good principals to apply with our jumpy choppy guys.

Falling back is very useful and I think the assault isn't quite as deadly as it used to be unless you have some real dedicated assault weaponry in there. Because his units hit me spread out I was able to fall back, only ever forefeiting the shooting of a few depleted skitarii to then completely light up what had charged me with double shooting triple phosphor Kastellans (36 S6 -1AP shots that re-roll misses....), Grav Kataphron and remaining Skitarii.

I also bought an Aegis line with me. The cover it provided was great! The Quad Gun however was pretty useless... Only hitting on 5+ against flyers and 6+ against everything else, even with 8 shots means it only did a single wound to a Helldrake and a Terminator all game.

Cawl also killed his Daemon Prince in combat after (somehow) tanking 3/4 of his 2D attacks on a 4+!

Played 8th last night (thought it was using my Ad Mech!) and my word is it smooth.

Fast characters are quite scary, especially Daemon princes that you can't shoot because terminators just landed in front of him! ...Who then get Warp Time cast on them for a free move so their charge only needs a 3 :ohmy.: great combo! Good principals to apply with our jumpy choppy guys.

There's a bit of a debate going on generally whether this is legal or not that you might want to speak to your opponent about.

Main rules:

"Many units have the ability to be set up on the battlefield mid-turn, sometimes by using teleporters, grav chutes or other, more esoteric means. Typically, this happens at the end of the Movement phase, but it can also happen during other phases. Units that are set up in this manner cannot move or Advance further during the turn they arrive – their entire Movement phase is used in deploying to the battlefield – but they can otherwise act normally (shoot, charge, etc.) for the rest of their turn."

"Warptime has a warp charge value of 6. If manifested, pick a friendly HERETIC ASTARTES unit within 3" of the psyker. That unit can immediately move as if it were its Movement phase."

Hopefuilly GW will clarify one way or the other in the FAQ before too long, as currently it's not clear which rule takes precedence.

Just a quick question for our group. Is anyone participating in the Fate of Konnor with their boys in Red? My location is currently swimming in Xenos, and Chaos. I may be one of 2 marine players. Looking for some encouragement in the upcoming genocides.

Just a quick question for our group. Is anyone participating in the Fate of Konnor with their boys in Red? My location is currently swimming in Xenos, and Chaos. I may be one of 2 marine players. Looking for some encouragement in the upcoming genocides.

If I can I absolutely will.  I don't expect us to get a Codex any time before the end of the year, so I'll be running a BA/Deathwatch list against a Necron player, a Tau player, an Eldar player, and an AdMech player.  Everyone else in our area is too unreliable to worry about building a list against.  Surprisingly few Space Marine players.

There's a bit of a debate going on generally whether this is legal or not that you might want to speak to your opponent about.

Main rules:

"Many units have the ability to be set up on the battlefield mid-turn, sometimes by using teleporters, grav chutes or other, more esoteric means. Typically, this happens at the end of the Movement phase, but it can also happen during other phases. Units that are set up in this manner cannot move or Advance further during the turn they arrive – their entire Movement phase is used in deploying to the battlefield – but they can otherwise act normally (shoot, charge, etc.) for the rest of their turn."

"Warptime has a warp charge value of 6. If manifested, pick a friendly HERETIC ASTARTES unit within 3" of the psyker. That unit can immediately move as if it were its Movement phase."

Hopefuilly GW will clarify one way or the other in the FAQ before too long, as currently it's not clear which rule takes precedence.

Good spot!

I'd say as "Units that are set up in this manner cannot move or Advance further during the turn they arrive – their entire Movement phase is used in deploying to the battlefield" and warp time specifically calls out that "can immediately move as if it were its Movement phase." then the warp time would be ineffective as during the movement phase the unit CANNOT move further...

It is a bit ambiguous...

This bit:

Units that are set up in this manner cannot move or Advance further during the turn they arrive

Leads me to believe Warp Time cannot be used because it references the whole turn (which includes the Movement and Psychic phases.

But then it goes on to say:

their entire Movement phase is used in deploying to the battlefield

Whereas Warp Time happens in the Psychic phase – so does that validate it..?