Hey guys. Just reading the new primaris librarian and captain points sheet that gw have posted. Anyone find it interesting that it doesn't specify which psychic powers a blood angels or dark angels primaris librarian uses, while it does so for their space wolf equivalent. That would mean that we get access to both the sanguinary discipline and the librarius discipline wouldn't it?

Link? I can't find this anywhere

Had two games with my BA last night. One VS black legion the other VS emperor's children. MAJOR FUN! lists were not optimised for the match up so i lost both games but i have never been able to make my EC opponent sweat as much as i did last night without a knight on the table.

I seem to have found myself in the middle of a shift in my gaming community. I go on Holiday, and find that the Hard as nails players and list builders have come out of the woods and seemingly taken over my little community.

In case anyone missed the groundbreaking, headline-worthy, utterly unbelievable news the other day, I'll repeat it:

Our resources pages is up to date for the current edition

So please feel free to browse and make more additions as we explore the newfangled Warhammer 40k.

VV completion to be done at a later date.

In case anyone missed the groundbreaking, headline-worthy, utterly unbelievable news the other day, I'll repeat it:

Our resources pages is up to date for the current edition

So please feel free to browse and make more additions as we explore the newfangled Warhammer 40k.

VV completion to be done at a later date.

Open random link. RTS '13.

Greeted by a bunch of photobucket warnings :laugh.:

This is going to be an ongoing trauma.

Also, great work in getting all those broken links fixed, big step forwards.

I seem to have found myself in the middle of a shift in my gaming community. I go on Holiday, and find that the Hard as nails players and list builders have come out of the woods and seemingly taken over my little community.

Interesting - a lot of people are coming back to the hobby for 8th. What kind of lists are you seeing?

If there's any particular army build that seems to hammer everything it meets, post some feedback on GW's facebook page.

First game of 8th and I still feel as bad as I did in 7th :(

So it was against a pure dark eldar army with raiders, venoms (whatever those DE equivelent are called) and dark lances everywhere. I didnt have a list since I had no clue if my league was doing free for all or a starter escalation so I just wrote up a quick 2k list.

I was pretty much out paced every turn. He had more shooting and his assaults were more brutal. Regular marines are pushovers especially against DE's really insane flamer weapons. Additionally, dark lances basically annihilated everything in their path. Dante tanked a bunch and death company are really struggling. Mephy wrecked face when he charged and was almost able to cast spells every turn (except the turn he was in a rhino). Had I some time to opimize my list, I could have added a raven which should have helped with his flyer and his raiders a bunch.

Overall, it wasn't a turn two shut out but rather a turn 4 shut out. By turn 3 I was down to Dante, Sanguinary Ancient, Mephy, Corbulo, 4 death company and 4 plasma tac marines. Really struggled here since he definitely had a anti-marine optimized army while I had just whatever I can put into my list.

@Spagunk, I play dark eldar and (I could be entirely wrong) but they don't have flamer weapons?

Liquifier guns?

Yup, the liquifier guns. Disgustingly good at wiping whole squads. The AP is variable but more often than not I was rolling against AP -3 and even a lot of AP -4 which means no armor save for me. And since it was a flamer weapon, they auto hit too. So even in cover, I was toast (or putty, or some other analogy).

Edited by Spagunk

Yeah, so since most of his squads ad these, and dark lances, and some sort of 12 hit assault cannon like weapon on all his vipers, I had little to no protection against it.

Literally would have had to hide in cover and do nearly nothing or would have had to know ahead of time I needed pure "dakka" to focus on all his units.

Venoms can take 2 splinter cannons which are rapid fire 3 for both which are also pretty nasty. Did they use Incubi? They look like they'll be very good against marines

Yes but they merely helped knock a couple wounds off my death company. They were finished off to a single guy when Mephy swung in and routed a 5 man warrior squad and consolidated within 1 inch of the lone incubi (killed 4 out of the 5 then used 3" consolidate to get in the 1' range to trap the last incubi). Basically they have to be in striking distance of a marine unit which is a bit hard to do. If they end up costing a lot, I don't see them as effective since you can just pour firepower into a squad of anything that incubi could take care of.

One thing that I did not realize then was that the scout move excludes your opponent deployment zone. So I couldn't actually set them up behind his units to draw fire. May also have helped with my devastator squad to provide more firepower.