Found all my bits for my Land Speeder. Pretty crazy how stuff gets scattered around over the years (bits in four separate places).

Pro-tip kids: buy it, build it, paint it, buy next. Rinse and repeat. Try to resist the urge to go "Ooo, shiney" and generate a backlog...

Found all my bits for my Land Speeder. Pretty crazy how stuff gets scattered around over the years (bits in four separate places).

Pro-tip kids: buy it, build it, paint it, buy next. Rinse and repeat. Try to resist the urge to go "Ooo, shiney" and generate a backlog...

I'm definitely on a buying freeze. My goal is to get this back log down before I really buy anything else.

*laughs nervously at the various piles of boxes of half finished and sprue'd BA (and other projects) around the room*

Heh... Yes... "Restraint"... What a novel concept.

*Runs off to do RTS vow*

FIFY

Yes yes yes... Just deciding what wonderful thing to paint...

I'm not going to be buying much until the codex drops. I want a stormraven, some inceptors, and probably the redemptor dreadnought. Maybe a repulsor tank, but I doubt it.

In the mean time, I'm working on how I want to do a mephiston conversion, and maybe a sanguinor. I'm thinking of just using a sanguinary guard and strapping the Pegasus wings I have to its back.

I am running into the same problem with my Sanguinary Guard, I just don't have a clue how to build them until the codex drops.

I am consoling myself by building my Sanguinor as I am pretty confident they won't be changing him. :wink:

Maybe someone should create a list of all these people not buying... see who can make it until the new codex :laugh.::wink:

Bad news I'm afraid. There was this sort of schism between the club's recently. So I'm a bit on the outside looking in at the moment.

The things that can happen in 40k club's on this end of the pond are balls.

First off, Gaw and I are friends irl, hence the back and forth. Secondly, I'm quite obviously asking for opinions on it as I don't want to waste my cash on something which may not work or is pointless.

Eh first off, impossible to know for random forum user.

Secondly, what kind of opinion? What exactly do you want to know? Shade of color, how easy is it to apply, how well does it cover? So many things one could write but I don't think anybody feels like writing a complete indepth paint review without knowing for sure that that's what you've been asking for.

The way you put your question my answer would be similar to the one GawFang gave.

Thoughts on Casandora Yellow?

It's a peachy-orange version of nuln oil. I'm not personally a fan of the orangey recess effect it gives. 

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mRctfd6gCd0/T4BGu5mYseI/AAAAAAAACXY/ywm6fc_6wBU/s400/top_shades02.jpg

I basically do this imperial fist method for yellow, though I lay down the averland over a brown base with an airbrush, rather than paint 4 layers over black.

Eh first off, impossible to know for random forum user.

Secondly, what kind of opinion? What exactly do you want to know? Shade of color, how easy is it to apply, how well does it cover? So many things one could write but I don't think anybody feels like writing a complete indepth paint review without knowing for sure that that's what you've been asking for.

The way you put your question my answer would be similar to the one GawFang gave.

sfPanzer is correct. Jolema your question was so open its hard to know what you want to find out.