It's also worth mentioning that their Forge World dogma is bascially the Black Legion Legion trait without the LD buff and their Warlord trait is the Ultra Marines Chapter tactic without the LD buff. So GW is clearly mixing existing subfaction rules as well...even more stuff to speculate what we might get once it's our turn. ;)

Finally able to get back to doing some more hobbying after an incredibly stressful couple of months. Managed to undercoat 2x primaris lieutenants, 1x primaris ancient, 2x five man Reiver squads and 1x Inceptor squad. My Mephiston Red spray ran out just as i was finishing off and the rain began to descend from the skies. As a result of this I have decided that I have been blessed with the foresight of Sanguinius, and in no way was this a complete fluke.

Now just to decide what to submit for From Rage to Salvation...

Been working on a 1k list for Tuesday. I'm teaming up with another Imperial force to go against 2k Deathguard. My teammate is going to bring heavy guns, tanks and such. I'm going to bring mostly anti infantry. HF landspeeders, a couple of dev squads with a captain, scouts, and some JPA DC with a chaplain and a few hammers for disruption. Going back and forth on what all to bring is driving me crazy. I know there will be 3x15 poxwalker squads and 4 bloat drones, not sure what else. I really want to stack up reliable wounds.

Warrior acolytes are a really tempting support option. For 2 melta bombs you get an acolyte with a stormbolter/chainsword and built in rerolls to hit and wound against your quarry.

Today I put in an order for an Intercessor Primaris Squad to be painted as Mantis Warriors for the SO.

So I guess the BA news for me today is that I have pretty much stopped collecting more BA and more regular SM; I have no intention to invest more time and money into a dead line..  I will eventually get around to finishing painting the rest of what I have, though.  Probably after I'm 60 and retired.

Seeing the new Typhus model gives me a lot of hope for some of our outdated characters.

crossed fingers and all that.

Right there with you however hope is the first step on the road to disappointment...

Edited by Lord Janos

Seeing the new Typhus model gives me a lot of hope for some of our outdated characters.

Different strokes for different folks and all that, it made me think I'll be sticking to kitbashes should ours ever be updated.

Death Guard are (to all intents and purposes) an all-new army. I would say that all-new plastic characters are not impossible. The Space Wolves have had some of their iconic characters redone in plastic (Ulrik and Logan) while also getting a few new ones added (like Krom).

I suspect anyone wanting a plastic Corbulo could simply use the plastic Sanguinary Priest kit. Tycho is more of a fluff character. Lemartes was redone fairly recently and we have the new DC Chaplain. Dante and Mephiston are definitely good candidates for redoing in plastic and possibly the Sanguinor too. Will it happen in this brave new Primaris world? We can but hope.....

Edited by Karhedronuk

A question regarding C:SM strategems..

So for Hellfire Rounds and Flakk Missiles (1CP ea), if I have more than 1 HB or RL in the unit that uses the strategem, is it still only 1D3 mortal wounds, or as many D3 mortal wounds as I have HB or RL in that squad? For instance, would 4 Rocket Launchers give me 4D3 flakk missile strategem mortal wounds, or would I still only get 1D3 from 1 RL, the 3 others shooting normally?

Have a converted model I'm going to use as a counts as Mephiston. The question is; Do I paint his armor red or blue? JUST incase they replace the model...If I keep him Red, I could always just make him a fancy "named" Librarian. Been struggling with this. Thoughts?

Have a converted model I'm going to use as a counts as Mephiston. The question is; Do I paint his armor red or blue? JUST incase they replace the model...If I keep him Red, I could always just make him a fancy "named" Librarian. Been struggling with this. Thoughts?

I think Mephiston is a unique enough character all around that he--IMO--should stand out.

Different strokes for different folks and all that, it made me think I'll be sticking to kitbashes should ours ever be updated.

What is the actual new Typhus model? Too much confusion on Google and I've been too lazy/just not interested enough to keep up with the leaks.